Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ? Everything you just mentioned are still canon, so I'm not sure what's your point. None of those actually conflicted with information revealed so far in Legion or Chronicle yet.
    1) Maiev still has her wardens, still runs the dungeon the DHs are in, so no, that's not.
    2) Chronicles didn't mention Brox even once, and it was in the time that he should of been there, so no.
    3) We visit the emerald nightmare in Legion, so yet again, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    1) Maiev still has her wardens, still runs the dungeon the DHs are in, so no, that's not.
    2) Chronicles didn't mention Brox even once, and it was in the time that he should of been there, so no.
    3) We visit the emerald nightmare in Legion, so yet again, no.
    I edited my post to elaborate upon this, but I guess I did it too late so you missed it. I will be copy pasting it here then.

Edit: to elaborate:
    - The event regarding Maievh in Wolfheart is still canon. It is referred to in Legion as well.
    - Broxigar's axe is still a thing. We don't know in which form does Broxigar appear in Legion, since people can only datamined him in class hall so far - it could be a ghost, for example. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.
    - Emerald Nightmare was being fixed. Now corrupted again. Not sure what's wrong with that. It was being fixed doesn't mean it won't ever been corrupted again
    Also, keep in mind that not being mentioned in Chronicle DOES NOT mean it's not canon. Only if something conflicts with Chronicle information that it stops being canon. Chronicle is to give you a general view of how events goes. The novels went into detail of specific events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    So basically...Illidan is an asshole that lacks empathy and only cares about himself??
    Well, that sound a bit too negative. It seems to me, based on the spoilers, that he is simply bad at taking care of his followers and tend to focus on his goal and what needed to accomplish it. Saying that he only cares about himself doesn't seem to be true since there are at least two occasions in the spoilers that he did something for others. First time was when he prevented us (Azerothian force) from being flanked by Kruul at Stairs of Destiny. Second time was when Illlidan was gathering souls in Auchindoun to open a portal to Argus - he was keeping all his focus on the soul capacitor so that it will only suck dead souls instead of souls from other living beings there as well.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-04 at 06:32 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    So basically...Illidan is an asshole that lacks empathy and only cares about himself??
    both Illidan and Kael are assholes.

Strangely I'm not even upset or annoyed by this. I just kinda expected it.

We all know Metzen loves his redemption stories, so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    both Illidan and Kael are assholes.
    How in the fuck is Kael'thas an asshole? He's tragic and was such a good guy before BC. I wanted to know why he turned out so wrong there, but what I get from this at the moment is he got fed up with Illidan's behavior and that's the end of it. I imagined it was more serious like mounting tension culminating in him confronting Illidan, Stormrage beating the shit out of him, and Kael going nuts there and then. But nope...

Deleted
    How in the fuck is Kael'thas an asshole? He's tragic and was such a good guy before BC. I wanted to know why he turned out so wrong there, but what I get from this at the moment is he got fed up with Illidan's behavior and that's the end of it. I imagined it was more serious like mounting tension culminating in him confronting Illidan, Stormrage beating the shit out of him, and Kael going nuts there and then. But nope...
    Kil'jaden took interest in Keal during TFT.that is where all began.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This is going to be bigger cringe than war crimes. A must buy indeed.

Kil'jaden took interest in Keal during TFT.that is where all began.
    So Kael'thas was persuaded off-screen by Kil'jaeden to join his cause? Doesn't that sound fucking stupid to you I mean Kael'thas saw KJ! He knows he's a big fiery demon made of pure evil and was somehow made to work for him? There is no indication KJ threatened Kael either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    What is next?
    Velen turning out to be a void lord?
    KillJaeden helping us defeat sargeras?
    Anduin being a nathrezim?
    I could see KJ betraying Sargeras just for more power

So Kael'thas was persuaded off-screen by Kil'jaeden to join his cause? Doesn't that sound fucking stupid to you I mean Kael'thas saw KJ! He knows he's a big fiery demon made of pure evil and was somehow made to work for him? There is no indication KJ threatened Kael either.
    In the preview, it was said that meeting Kil'Jaeden in Outland during TFT wasn't that simple of an event. Illidan, for one, found that Kil'Jaeden's gaze "compelled adoration and awe", "held an infinity of promises and eternity of terrors". His gaze linked their minds - KJ and the one who he gazed upon (Akama, Illidan, Vashj and Kael), allowing him to inspect and seduce them with enormous force. Even Illidan's mind almost gave in. It was also mentioned that KJ gaze stopped at Kael'thas. That's why Illidan didn't dare to share his plans with his other companions - he wasn't sure whether he could trust them or how they responded secretly to KJ in their hearts.

That, probably, was what led to Akama's misunderstanding of Illidan being the Legion's follower, and Illidan being more focused on his army of Demon Hunters.

(Although, the one who replied you so far, including me, don't have the book yet. There might be some more minor interactions that the spoilers haven't revealed)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-04 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    I wasnt prepared for this outcome, im not sure if i like it.

So when we defeated Illidan in BT he already knew he was going to be the champion of the light. Was that the price the naaru was talking about?

Deleted
    TFT happened 12 years ago.this are just new bits lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I wasnt prepared for this outcome, im not sure if i like it.

So when we defeated Illidan in BT he already knew he was going to be the champion of the light. Was that the price the naaru was talking about?
    From what I gathered, we don't know exactly what that price was supposed to be. It could be his death in our hand, it could be his souls being damaged and ripped (by the Auchindoun event and Gul'dan), it could be something else that hasn't happened yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This also seems to kill some of the demon hunter fantasy, all the sudden your master becomes this holy champion of the light.

Inb4 third spec being holy demon hunter lol.

TFT happened 12 years ago.this are just new bits lore.
    Pretty sure it's been more like 22 years ago, considering 10 years passed between vanilla WoW and TFT (Intro cinematic, unless TFT takes place a LONG time after Reign of Chaos), considering the demonhunter fluff intro says you've been imprisoned for pretty much real time since BC.

Unless you mean 12 years between TFT and BC, then yea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Pretty sure it's been more like 22 years ago, considering 10 years passed between vanilla WoW and TFT (Intro cinematic, unless TFT takes place a LONG time after Reign of Chaos), considering the demonhunter fluff intro says you've been imprisoned for pretty much real time since BC.

Unless you mean 12 years between TFT and BC, then yea.
    I was talking about how old WC3 TFT is.this is new lore.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-04-04 at 07:20 PM.

I was talking about how ol WC3 TFT is.this is new lore.
    Ah, fair fair.

Deleted
    what a damn shame.I still cannot believe this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah the lore went to hell years ago, let's beat a dead horse.
    How right you are! Glad to see there are still some people in their right mind around here.

Honestly, for me the Lore has degenerated to such an extent that currently it's dead since several expansions ago. That is one of the reasons why I have the signature I have.

The last hope is the Warcraft movie. Rewriting the Lore from the beginning is the only thing that can save the Warcraft Universe! If the movie is successful enough as to be able to create a great franchise (more movies, TV shows, books, etc.) then the Warcraft Universe will reborn, away from the dirty economic interests of Blizzard with a new Lore created by real experts!

Until then, we should consider that the current Lore is a kind of satire, mockery or parody, as it is nothing serious, logical nor credible. In fact, the best we can do is ignore it as it didn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    New class inc: Palillidan

Honestly didnt expect that much of a redemption story but damn they really outdid themselves with this.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help