Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The unborn person doesn’t have constitutional rights.

Democratic primary front-runner Hillary Clinton ran afoul of both the pro-life and pro-choice sides of the abortion debate Sunday when she said constitutional rights do not apply to an “unborn person” or “child.”

“The unborn person doesn’t have constitutional rights,” Mrs. Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “Now that doesn’t mean that we don’t do everything we possibly can in the vast majority of instances to, you know, help a mother who is carrying a child and wants to make sure that child will be healthy, to have appropriate medical support.”

Mrs. Clinton also said “there is room for reasonable kinds of restrictions” on abortion during the third trimester of pregnancy.

In addition, the specific term “person” is a legal concept that includes rights and statuses that the law protects, including protection of a person’s life under the laws against homicide. Pro-choice intellectuals have long said that even if an unborn child is a “life,” it is not yet a “person.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...constitutiona/

“This is Trump-level gaffery,” Mr. Podhoretz said in a tweet. “If you acknowledge personhood, then the unborn has every Constitutional right.”
    No, this is a Biden-level gaffe. A Trump-level gaffe would be something more like 'we should abort all babies.' You know, something that's outrageous to the core instead of just mixing up some words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    No, this is a Biden-level gaffe. A Trump-level gaffe would be something more like 'we should abort all babies.' You know, something that's outrageous to the core instead of just mixing up some words.
    How did she not know people would jump all over her for saying anything close to this regardless of what she meant or didn't mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How did she not know people would jump all over her for saying anything close to this regardless of what she meant or didn't mean?
    Well, it's a controversial topic so clearly she knew she would get flak for it, but the gaffe part is that she unintentionally drew 'friendly fire' as well.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure "person hood" requires at least being, you know, born.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's correct, an unborn child isn't a citizen. I'm not sure it's a gaffe to have an adult conversation on a controversial subject.

This seems like an attempt to mirror Trumps recent slip up on the issue. Clinton however has a consistent take on the issue and hasn't said something that sounds off even to people who support her position.

2/10
    Last edited by fengosa; 2016-04-04 at 02:06 AM.

I think people are eager to catch her out on trivial nomenclature. She was pretty clear about her position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Why does the Democratic frontrunner saying the party's textbook position on the issue qualify as news?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Why does the Democratic frontrunner saying the party's textbook position on the issue qualify as news?
    Because she goofed some words, pro choice groups took issue with it, and "Clinton pisses off both sides" makes for a great headline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The rest of her 'scandals' are just dead horse beating at this point. Must be time to try something new.

how much of a baby has to exit the mother before gaining rights?

You have to be alive to be a person btw.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I had researched abortion, I had made a judgement that if it could live outside the womb under reasonable conditions, it should not be aborted. Anything before that is not a person, and thus has no rights, thus did not fall under anything in the US constitution. This a huge gaffe on Clinton's part. In a perfect world, the ballot would be Kasich vs Sanders, of the remaining candidates, and I would be okay with either outcome, but leaning heavily towards Sanders. Trump and Cruz are so far from any values I have, and I just keep getting worse and worse feelings about Clinton.

I have a hard time seeing Trump or Cruz having a lot better time than Obama getting stuff done with congress, seeing how both get along.

I don't even really like Hillary but once again this is people trying to make a scandal where there isn't one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    All of it, according to certain people.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The rest of her 'scandals' are just dead horse beating at this point. Must be time to try something new.
    It really sucks when the person they're trying to pin scandals on is made of Teflon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    All of it, according to certain people.
    Well, it at least has to be, you know, a baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Depends, how much money does a woman have to donate to Republicans to have a say in the medical concerns of her own body?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Well, it at least has to be, you know, a baby.
    The issue is more "when does it become a baby."

Some people say it's a baby when it develops fingers and toes. Other people say it's a baby when it becomes viable to live outside of the womb if removed/born early. Still other people say it isn't a baby until it fully exits the vaginal canal.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't take issue with most of it. I mean I have a lot of issues with Hillary but what she said isn't one of them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi