Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Right, I'm asking now if you think Blizz was behind the post in the first place or if the PR stunt was just them giving a false motive for changing it.
    Blizz pretending to be the OP? Doubt it, they could have just been waiting for the issue to pop up.
    Blizz trying to appease Fipps by posting they would remove it even though they were going to anyway for easy points? Seems like that's what they were going for but that doesn't really matter as it was just Fipps and whatever few people who agree with him.
    Blizz phrasing their initial removal with a wording that had a chance to make the issue blow up? That's the maybe.
    Yeah, but they wouldn't want people getting in for cheap and burning themselves out, then they'd make less on sales. Better to have everyone watch streamers and stuff and get hyped, the servers would also be decimated by people trying to log in all the time and that would prob hinder the beta process.
    I meant same server space as now, just charging for beta passes they gave out for free. After all, why give something away for free when there's a huge demand for it?

I thought Onlywatch was funny too, but I don't really see it as a bad thing. They have no moral obligation to let anyone in, people feeling offended because they weren't let in is just being entitled IMO.
    They don't have a moral obligation to let anyone. They could have let only streamers in and people would have to put up with it. The problem is people being offended usually lead to less sales. And yeah, the small closed beta would have been a lot easier for people to accept if they didn't see streamers and Youtubers given special privileges. Some people would have complained, citing how few minutes after the Overwatch beta was announced that they signed up, but they always complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Blizz pretending to be the OP? Doubt it, they could have just been waiting for the issue to pop up.
    Blizz trying to appease Fipps by posting they would remove it even though they were going to anyway for easy points? Seems like that's what they were going for but that doesn't really matter as it was just Fipps and whatever few people who agree with him.
    Blizz phrasing their initial removal with a wording that had a chance to make the issue blow up? That's the maybe.
    Alright, well there's nothing more to say on that point then really, it's just personal opinion about their character.

I meant same server space as now, just charging for beta passes they gave out for free. After all, why give something away for free when there's a huge demand for it?
    I explained that in the part you quoted, selling beta has the risk of losing sales.

They don't have a moral obligation to let anyone. They could have let only streamers in and people would have to put up with it. The problem is people being offended usually lead to less sales. And yeah, the small closed beta would have been a lot easier for people to accept if they didn't see streamers and Youtubers given special privileges. Some people would have complained, citing how few minutes after the Overwatch beta was announced that they signed up, but they always complain.
    I just don't fault Blizzard for running the beta in a way that benefits the game the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Oh please.

Male Objectification is so rare it is nearly nonexistant.
    actually imo it's all around us. we just choose to ignore it because we're not that sensitive to these matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Posts like this make it clear the people talking about this have never read the post that started it. That post explicitly said that Widowmaker was fine. The poster simple found the Tracer pose to be out of character.

Somebody who has no problem with Widowmaker's graphics can hardly be the burka pushing/SJW/nazi they are being made out to be.
    she's wearing tight orange leggings that shows her butt and her butt-cheeks. I wouldn't consider a pose showing her ass to be out of character. were it a character like Mei it would've been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    actually imo it's all around us. we just choose to ignore it because we're not that sensitive to these matters.
    If you can find examples I can say whether or not you're thinking of Male objectication or the oft-mistaken for Male Objectification which is showing off their raw dudetactular awesome musclepower.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you can find examples I can say whether or not you're thinking of Male objectication or the oft-mistaken for Male Objectification which is showing off their raw dudetactular awesome musclepower.
    Women like men with fit, muscular bodies, and men like women with nice curves and well shaped butts/boobs.

Did men feel insecure by watching 300? Or any movie featuring a strong muscular protagonist? I don't see why people are pissed off about a butt. If they want to play as a strong female character in OW they can go with Zarya or Pharah.

Can you differentiate pasta from the oft-mistaken spaghetti?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Shooting an arrow through a Soldier's head, killing them instantly? OK.

Showing an ass through tight spandex? HOOOOOLD UP!
    That is the USA for you my friend.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    That is the USA for you my friend.
    It's all in the context of the way you show that ass though, and apparently more cases are being frowned upon? The hell is wrong with the US.

It's funny, so few ppl really care about the whole Tracer's butt crap, but they are very vocal lol. Something for the hounds to latch on to. Appears OP has as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stoooppp talking about Tracer's ass.

"Some random person who may or may not actually exist said this game in which you violently murder people may not be suitable for her children because of one specific pose of the 3rd or 4th whorish character in the game, disregarding characters like Widowmaker who may as well be naked, and also disregarding even the chubby innocent character in a frigging parka has visible fap-bait style ass. We agree and we're changing it." Gee whiz its almost like Blizz was totally aware this would draw attention to their game. It is about to leave beta and go up for sale. PERFECT time to stir up some drama.

Now, it's very hard to find someone who hasn't heard of Overwatch, gamer or not. Pull your heads out of the palm of Blizzard's hand and stop eating their artificially generated drama for free advertising.

Nobody actually went "yeah okay Overwatch looks great and totally suitable for my kids BUT WAIT THIS ONE SPECIFIC POSE". I mean come on, thats where the line was drawn?!

When you can stop and ask yourself "Is this too retarded to be true?" chances are the answer is yes. I don't mean to be disparaging to the mentally othered, but this is literally too retarded to be true.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2016-04-09 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Seems like I'm the only one believing Blizz did this for the attention. Even after the results are seen on every comment and video. All people falling for the same marketing trap.
    Yep, in one of the threads about it someone mentioned that blizz only announced the change as big as they did to "show" how much they care about minorities ans stuff.
    I didn't believe they wanted to change it anyway but after I saw the new pose I believie them.
    I believe they wanted to change that pose anyway and when some bith came to them whining about that pose they saw an opportunity to draw some public attention to their game. They knew that after they had published the new pose most people on both sides of the fence would be satisfied with the outcome, the SJWs as well as "the others".

I don't get what the OP is trying to get at though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Can you differentiate pasta from the oft-mistaken spaghetti?.
    As a matter of fact

The Left is the Power Fantasy with eye candy on the side that everyone considers Objectification, and the Right is Unapologetic Female-Gaze material that's closer to what Male Objectification is but is nowhere near as common, especially not in games.