Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My second biggest regret about the expansion is they apparently didn't fire anyone over it.
    It'll be interesting to see if they've learnt their lesson when it comes to Legion (although I suspect that the development train was too far progressed by that stage). I agree with your point re: difficulty fetishism btw.

WoW has had runaway inflation every expansion since it released (some of us remember when 1000g for epic riding seemed like an impossible amount of gold.)

imo the reason blizzard continue to allow this is to help new and/or players; if gold did not continue to devalue every expansion the market would quickly be dominated by long-term players who already have fat stacks of currency, and buying basic stuff like flasks or enchants would become a massive expense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Why would anyone care about inflation in WoW, really?
    It equally affects your income and spendings, so it's all neutral - just different numbers. It's a closed single currency economy, unlike real life where countries may get into trouble if they overinflate and can no longer afford imported goods. Or wages don't keep up with prices. None of these happens in WoW.
    1. Rare items starts to be worth more than gold cap, and to be risky to purchase
    2. Difference between rich and poor players increases dramatically
    3. In a result, wow token price will rise even more, rich will get it easy, and most of the playerbase will struggle if they want to get the gold needed to save them money
    4. Bad for newcomer (even though I'm part of those "rich" players)

I mean, they should not wait until a high end BoE gear is worth 1.5 goldcap to act...
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-04-05 at 09:12 PM.

I felt cheated out of killing Grom Hellscream...didn't much enjoy the way they went with storyline, it's quite obvious they decided to pull the plug and focus full stop on Legion.

inflation has much more impact on 'wealthy' players than it does on new ones

I agree that the gold cap issue is something they need to address though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    1. Rare items starts to be worth more than gold cap, and to be risky to purchase
    2. Difference between rich and poor players increases dramatically
    3. In a result, wow token price will rise even more, rich will get it easy, and most of the playerbase will struggle if they want to get the gold needed to save them money
    4. Bad for newcomer (even though I'm part of those "rich" players)

I mean, they should not wait until a high end BoE gear is worth 1.5 goldcap to act...
    1) this problem would go away if the cap was much higher.
    2) bullshit, as inflation also means inflated income. So if you still have no gold that means you still suck at making (or keeping) gold.
    3) bullshit, token price is mostly tied to supply-demand. Current high token prices are mostly down to low demand for gold as gear (BOEs) are worthless.
    4) bullshit, see #2. Super easy to make thousands of gold every week just by using basic gathering skills. Garrison gold faucet also works the same for everyone.

Gold cap should be lifted or gold squished. Nothing else is wrong.

Though I'd like to see gold faucets toned down, because generating money with brainless activities is just stupid.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-04-05 at 09:35 PM.

Blizzard's walking away from the expansion in February, giving longtime players in my guild the worst "Is this really worth my time?" crisis of conscience in four years.

Can't really say "regret", but for me it was a shame that the devs gave in to the pressure of the "no more orcs" crowd and made 6.2 completly about Legion (especially how they handled Grom after).

Other than that just the regular faults that have been discussed over and over since the beggining of the xpac, but it is what it is and in the end I enjoyed it for what it was; ready for Legion now =P

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was so terrible I quit after 11 years of play. So for me it was...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    1) this problem would go away if the cap was much higher.
    2) bullshit, as inflation also means inflated income. So if you still have no gold that means you still suck at making (or keeping) gold.
    3) bullshit, token price is mostly tied to supply-demand. Current high token prices are mostly down to low demand for gold as gear (BOEs) are worthless.
    4) bullshit, see #2. Super easy to make thousands of gold every week just by using basic gathering skills. Garrison gold faucet also works the same for everyone.

Gold cap should be lifted or gold squished. Nothing else is wrong.

Though I'd like to see gold faucets toned down, because generating money with brainless activities is just stupid.
    I'm not sure you realize how wealthy are rich players and how poor are other players compared. Between having 0 gold (newcomer), and having a decent amount of gold, there will be an unreachable gap. Sure at the moment it's manageable. But in the future it will get much worse. Unless they allow quests items, or grey items to vendor for crazy high amount of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of possible Blood Elf patch, or reading half the community comments.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was very sceptical when I heard that we will go to the paralell universe, but the story was actually suprisingly pretty good, I really liked WoD's story up untill last content patch. My biggest regret is that after first content patch story dropped the ball big time (as well as actualy game design) 6.1 was a joke and HFC story with unneseccery Grom's redemption and ending that felt really, really rushed and not thought out at all. Gameplay issues aside (not enough non-raiding content and yet another year long last tier), I really didn't like how they ended WoD storywise, I mean come on!! ending cutscene was terrible, after talador and nagrad badass finale, I was very, very dissapointed with that shitty ending.

Damn, even now when I think about it I'm angry, lol.

Deleted
    Easy gold cap, having 1 million gold means very little these days.

I'd rather they remove unobtainable mounts from the BMAH and just stick them on a vendor for 999,999g each. We desperately need gold sinks in the game and the RNG nature of the BMAH is just not good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Highmaul and BRF needed to be their own tiers. The weird not-tier to tier gap was just awful, poorly handled, and the devs admitted as much.
    2. The story just petered out after leveling. They tried to keep it going through garrison quests and such, but it didn't work out well with the episodic style of just random things going on around Draenor that were sorta important but not really.
    3. Garrisons fell short of expectations due to technical compromises and lack of vision.
    4. The axing of Gorgrond story content and the controversy of Bladespire/Black Temple. Trashran just ended up being Trashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Min / Maxing Garrisons for maximum gold output.

Oh i'm also still pissed about Farahlon.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    My biggest regret?

There was a group of people I knew in Rift that decided to try WoW now that Flex raiding was being added. They joined in late MoP and had fun in SoO Flex and Normal.

But then in WoD, Normal mode was tuned up vs. what it was in SoO, and they couldn't handle it. So, most quit after a few months.

I regret that the devs, once again, succumb to the hardcore fetishists and decided to tune up difficulty. That trick never works, Irvine Idiots.
    Here fishy fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wish we would've gotten an uncorrupted version of Tanaan Jungle before 6.2, it would've been a good way to show more of Kilrogg and Grommash. And we still had that conflict between the Bleeding Hollow Clan and the arrakoa from Kilroggs story, which never resolved as they both joined the Legion.

Would've loved to see Farahlon before it turned into Netherstorm, such a major bummer we never got to see it in any form. They even tease us by allowing our followers to visit that place...
    I would still like to have Vale of Eternal Blossom before the destruction in the game.

It's always good to have more zones. And taking away is a big dissapointment which makes no sense in lore. I was even curious about the other lands in Draenor like big continent southwest of main land showed on blizzcon map. Remember Metzen saing the greatest character in WoW is the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the bigger question might be what Blizzard regrets most. I think it could possibly be the sheer amount they put into garrisons and Ashran, and neither worked (for different reasons). Ultimately, I've no idea if they regret making such a bungled, half-arsed expansion; they still made a packet out of it, with extremely minimal effort.

My biggest regret is what the expansion did to the community, both in-game and in-forum. It's never been so exclusive, disconnected and antagonistic. In what's meant to be an MMORPG, having a garbage community is poisonous to its future development.

Then again, maybe my biggest regret was how long it took me to unsubscribe.

Deleted
    Long legendary ring quest chains withholding me from rerolling. Even with catchup mechanics it still took too long.
    Concepts like that discourage late rerolls, especially if the reward is as potent as it is.

It's easily my main gripe. I'm able to play multiple classes at a high raiding level and since MoP I frequently swap depending on the needs of a tier. I enjoy swapping, keeps things from getting stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    WoD was so terrible I quit after 11 years of play. So for me it was...

A funny one. And even if personaly I do not hate everything I can't think of a single change made to WoD that I have anjoyed beside the in game group making system. But well I still use Oqueu too for PvP so its not that much I guess.