Poll: Did #buttgate change anything

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nah. Already wasn't very interested in the game, and I still am not very interested in the game. May still check it out post-release if a bunch of friends do, I guess.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Was it going to be a deciding factor for that parent, and is that a sad look at the negative side of censorship culture?
    Fipps wasn't saying that they were not going to buy the game if the pose wasn't changed. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on the pose, but if you supposedly are really looking forward to the game, but the removal of flirty pose completely sours you on the game - I think that says more about you than it does about Blizzard "caving."

Greatly diminished my opinion of the playerbase and of other gamers. I've been a gamer since the mid '80s and the idiocy, inability to read and misogyny in the community are simply appalling.
    I normally think more players the better, but I think the game will be far better off without the players who won't purchase because of this. I think all multi-player games would be better off without these basement dwelling, neckbearded losers.

10+ Year Old Account
    its made me very sad and i will mourn the loss of the butt
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That butt could've been the only thing that might've got me to buy Overwatch - and then they removed it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

pffft, no, not at all. given how innocuous the whole thing is. still super excited to finally play it.

The game is fun and i'll still buy it. I'm just baffled how a single post from a "save the children" mother made Jeff appear on the forum, throw a "we don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable" and then pull an excuse few hours later.
    If they really wanted to remove the pose for whatever reason, they could have done it better and just don't answer directly to anyone...
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game never managed to get my atention whatsoever. Blizzard changing a pose over people crying it hurt their bubble of safety or whatever doesn't help it either.

Probably not gonna buy it, or I'll get it once it becomes dirt cheap(er).

I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll buy it. I tried out the beta a few times but I just can't get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It kinda shows once again how stupid and incapable of reacting blizzard is. Of all things related to OW they wanted to happen, first real meme being ass related definately wasn't high on the list. And the funniest thing is that because of this, tracers image will forever be stained by "buttgate". Good job blizz, especially how they wanted her to be their poster girl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope, wasn't buying it before, ain't buying it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Greatly diminished my opinion of the playerbase and of other gamers. I've been a gamer since the mid '80s and the idiocy, inability to read and misogyny in the community are simply appalling.
    I normally think more players the better, but I think the game will be far better off without the players who won't purchase because of this. I think all multi-player games would be better off without these basement dwelling, neckbearded losers.
    If anything censoring women to have less sex appeal is misogyny, but I also do think being against censorship makes you a "basement dwelling, neckbeard loser".

so from what i understand with this is some fat hideous feminazis got upset cried and gathered some white knights up and bitched to blizzard and blizz caved in ok got it gg
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I was never certain I was buying the game in the first place. I am not a big PvP fan. I like stories and living through those stories and watching my character grow within all that. Just playing a merc in an endless pvp arena doesn't interest me any even if they did steal my toon's name lol. The fact that they caved SO easily does upset me but afterall... this is Blizzard. They are notorious for knee jerk reactions to things. I've grown accustomed to it and now I almost expect it. Instead of saying, "You don't like it, don't play it or look at the character from that angle." They apologize and scramble to change it. I was on the fence about buying it from the moment I found there was no overall story and just a big pvp arena anyway. This doesn't change anything. The only reason I will likely still get it is because of the winston pet.

No because it was pretty pointless, all it did is give free publicity to blizzard and I'm fine with that. They changed nothing with her model, just a pose that they themselves said they didn't like to start with. I can see where people think they caved, and maybe they did a bit..but cmon, how much did they really? It affects gameplay in no way shape or form, not even the model.

What irritated me the most about it was that I was reminded that there are people out there that make big deals out of things because they would rather blame their poor parenting on others rather than having the balls to not let their child do something because they don't like it but still want to be their child's friend instead of a parent.

Deleted
    Despite what I belived to be possible, it made me even more ashamed to be classed as a gamer and be associated with what I still hope to be a small, vocal minority of hyperbolic assholes who claim their sensibilities are are so offended by moves to make gaming more inclusive.

Grow the fuck up people, grow the fuck up.

Deleted
    Couldn't care less. It didn't even occur to me that it would be an issue for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Couldn't care less. It didn't even occur to me that it would be an issue for some people.
    count me among those that are shocked that #buttgate is a real thing... good lord

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Despite what I belived to be possible, it made me even more ashamed to be classed as a gamer and be associated with what I still hope to be a small, vocal minority of hyperbolic assholes who claim their sensibilities are are so offended by moves to make gaming more inclusive.

Grow the fuck up people, grow the fuck up.

So just to be clear, when people are mad that blizzard censors a game to appeal to some fringe social group need to grow the fuck up

but not the fringe social group thats offended because of a pose that multiple characters have? How is that consistent?

The game looks extremely fun. Nothing changed there. But gamers as a whole are starting to wear on me. I enjoy a good debate, but the venomous and childish way that this topic was argued makes me sad in the chest area.