Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Nightmare in the original DMC, 3rd time you fight him on DMD mode. Literally the most retarded boss ever designed in any game purely because his difficulty is based on how much you damage his cores the previous two times you fight him, He's fucking hard even when they take full damage, and I am pretty sure he's close to impossible when one of his Cores is red. I had to restart my game purely because I didn't understand how the boss worked.

I'm normally quite calm when it comes to frustrating parts of a game, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose my temper on multiple occasions trying to do this
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2016-04-06 at 11:51 PM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Not exactly a boss but this damn thing as a kid was a royal pita
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39HwCcwzbmY
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Link, Water Temple LoZ:OoT
    I just spammed Dins Fire

Deleted
    Probably Culex in Super Mario RPG. Granted I was 9 when I fought him, he was still hard af.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I thought the Omega Pirate was a lot harder. I swear one burns 100 calories fighting that guy.

And some of the bosses in MP2 are even worse...
    MP2's bosses are far more difficult than the first game's, Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian in particular.

voldemort in harry potter 1 for PC, never have i been so frustraited with a boss, spent like 3 hours with my brother trying to defeate him when the game came out but we couldent get it.
    replayed the game a coupe of years ago and beat him on 2'nd try.

I've never had the urge to throw my controller/keyboard at a wall with any PvE game. PvP on the other hand...

One of the most frustrating boss battles for me was the final boss in mirror mode in Diddy Kong Racing. I can't remember if I ever beat that as a kid.

I've played several other games that had more difficult moments, they just weren't boss fights. Perfect Dark is a great example. The Chicago Stealth and Air Base Espionage levels were a pain on the hardest difficulty.

I don't recall specific boss names, but there were many in Deus Ex:Human Revolution and Alpha Protocol that infuriated me. They were fights which were completely contradictory to the games' designs that allowed a freedom of character builds, and required very specific abilities or play styles to defeat, ones which had nothing or little to do with how one's character was built.

Going back a bit, the Kangaxx fight in Baldur's Gate 2 utterly defeated me, I could not get around that one. The magic-heavy "mage battles" in that game drove me bonkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it took me quite some time until I figured out I had to plug the controller into port 2 during the Psycho Mantis fight in Metal Gear Solid :-P
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I don't recall specific boss names, but there were many in Deus Ex:Human Revolution and Alpha Protocol that infuriated me. They were fights which were completely contradictory to the games' designs that allowed a freedom of character builds, and required very specific abilities or play styles to defeat, ones which had nothing or little to do with how one's character was built.

Going back a bit, the Kangaxx fight in Baldur's Gate 2 utterly defeated me, I could not get around that one. The magic-heavy "mage battles" in that game drove me bonkers.
    Fighting liches in general can be quite a pain without proper preparation, but that's basically BG2 in a nutshell.

10+ Year Old Account
    System Daemons is love, System Daemons is life. Always bring purge to the middle entrance downstairs. Spread your space aids to the healers, interrupters, and control dps. Get scared when you have a circle under you and run erratically towards the tank. Please do these to get gkicked win

Single player bosses though? The one that frustrated me the most, not necessarily because it's that hard, is the first boss of Dues Ex:HR. The guy is a fucking tank, takes forever to kill, and you have to kill him---the second boss is almost as bad, you only have a short period of time to hit her. Just bad bosses that take too damn long, and can wreck you if you screw up a bit.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-04-08 at 09:28 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Saturos from Golden Sun, on my first playthrough. God he was annoying, and I was such an inexperienced RPG player D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Armstrong in MGR on Revengeance difficulty for 1 reason. Whenever he starts throwing vehicles and you have to use Zandatsu to cut them, 1 fail and you die. Problem is that you have to cut them in a very special angle and you only get a few sec to setup the cut or you fail.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Fighting liches in general can be quite a pain without proper preparation, but that's basically BG2 in a nutshell.
    Hmm, I didn't really have any trouble beating Liches usually... But Kangaxx was a special beast. His cousin Gaxkang from DAO was much easier to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The quick-time knife fight with Krauser from RE4 frustrated me to no end. I'm slightly slower in my reaction time plus my fingers are really thin so I had a hard time pressing the A and B buttons at the same time. Only time I've ever died in that game (except to see what happens when you shoot the lake on the dock). Gyorg from Majora's Mask was also a pain but not for the same reasons. Been awhile since a boss frustrated me so these are the 2 that I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Hmm, I didn't really have any trouble beating Liches usually... But Kangaxx was a special beast. His cousin Gaxkang from DAO was much easier to beat.
    Kangaxx isn't that special, just need protection from magic and death ward being used. Lots of the "difficulty" in BG2 comes from understanding the encounter and preparation with buffing. But if you don't have any of this, they'll butcher the party

I'm pretty sure it was at least 1/4 of bosses for me in Darksouls 2 as a Swordsman :P That class was cancerous to play compared to others with the clunky dual wielding.

Raiding wise, i think it was HC 25 man Professor Putricide, the only reason we were stuck on that fight for weeks was how bad at least 10 people were with the Unbound Plague management.

PvP has broken the most things for me though, not just a controller in fact I've broken a finger by taking out my frustrations on the desk and wall lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Kangaxx isn't that special, just need protection from magic and death ward being used. Lots of the "difficulty" in BG2 comes from understanding the encounter and preparation with buffing. But if you don't have any of this, they'll butcher the party
    I have never really enjoyed the D&D magic system, either in tabletop/pnp or in video game versions, so those battles in BG2 that were magic-heavy I had a very hard time with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Big Boss Willy in Double Dragon. Who the hell brings an assault rifle to a side-scrolling beat'em'up?