Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    TIL that being black, being a woman, and having a disability are all considered negatives.
    Sorry I didn't mean negative per say. I just couldn't think of the proper terminology. It's considered that women in general have been at a disadvantage in a patriarchal society. Also being a minority, especially a PoC. So companies have been trying to make up for it by putting these types of people front and center. Call it what you will, but it just seems like more virtue signaling. Like "Look at us we are progressive!" Virtue signaling is only bad because it's disingenuous. It's like forgetting someones birthday then grabbing a random item in your home and handing it to them like "Look I got you something!".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    >POC
    Check
    >Female
    Check
    >blind in one eye
    Check
    >disabled due to losing an arm
    Check
    >Retcon Lothar
    Check

Oh baby Blizzard is cooking now.
    How is it a Lothar retcon ? The guy was Anduin Lothar, and was Thoradin's descendant who wasn't even named Thoradin Lothar. And those Arathi split from the original human empire before the existence of the human kingdoms. Since Stormwind was founded 1200 years before the First War, it is unlikely that she's going to be Anduin Lothar's daughter. Maybe she'll be another heir of the Thoradin's lineage, but at this point it's just going to be a "Hey Warcraft 2 players, we haven't forgotten you" because most of the WoW player don't even give a fuck about Lothar.

As for the "Oh my god she's a black girl with only one arm and one eye", Zul'jin* was a green guy with only one arm and one eye and nobody bitched back then, it was even considered to be cool.
    Last edited by Holdodlig; 2024-04-20 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post

$10 bucks says she's non-binary
    Well if it makes you mad then I sincerely hope they are. For people going on about "WokE snOwfLakEs" being too sensitive, all you "anti-woke[current buzzword]" folks sure are a hell of a lot more sensitive than even the caricature you make out of queer & poc folks, much less the actual people. Just seeing a black character in a video game, a rainbow, or the word gender is enough to get you ranting and frothing about stuff that is completely unrelated to anything in this datamining post. You have been polarized. Please seek therapy & anger management classes. You might find yourself actually enjoying things if you can curb that knee-jerk reaction to things you fear/don't understand.

The texture work is amazing, the character design looks cool af. The armor is badass. I can't wait to find out more about this character and see what they're about.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2024-04-22 at 09:40 PM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    >POC
    Check
    >Female
    Check
    >blind in one eye
    Check
    >disabled due to losing an arm
    Check
    >Retcon Lothar
    Check

Oh baby Blizzard is cooking now.
    The fact they made a black character that is possibly going to be prominent in the story, in a game with green, red, brown, black, and blue skin tones, really triggers you, huh?
    Also, how is blind and 1 armed a checklist item? These 2 feel a little tacked on just to try and hide your hatred a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean negative per say. I just couldn't think of the proper terminology. It's considered that women in general have been at a disadvantage in a patriarchal society. Also being a minority, especially a PoC. So companies have been trying to make up for it by putting these types of people front and center. Call it what you will, but it just seems like more virtue signaling. Like "Look at us we are progressive!" Virtue signaling is only bad because it's disingenuous. It's like forgetting someones birthday then grabbing a random item in your home and handing it to them like "Look I got you something!".
    So, just to be clear, the reason you can be in a biracial marriage in the first place is because in the 60s-70s-80s there were TV shows featuring this stuff. That's how this stuff gets normalized in the first place. And this isn't my opinion, this is a fact. We normalize things through media. The idea of "virtue signaling" doesn't matter in a practical sense because what you're saying is that there's a "right way and right time for inclusion" and once you've made that argument, then you're admitting there are "some things that don't need to be inclusive" which is exactly the old argument that was made for de-segregation. Not saying you're anti-inclusion or anything like that, just trying to share the big picture information that just because you've found equalibrium in life does not mean it's the same for everyone in all parts of the US (specifically). I can personally attest to that not being true when I was a kid growing up in the deep south.

To use another example: Zack, the Black Mighty Morphin Power Ranger was 100% a "virtue signal". 10000%. But it paved the way for things like a black Red Ranger in future seasons, and even a girl Red Ranger most recently. Media moves minds. It sucks but if you want the world to be less bigoted, then your fantasy media needs to appear less bigoted as well. There's no other way. People have to actively act and be a part of the change, not just hope it goes away on it's own. And for every person who's like "I'm a minority and I think this is bad!" there's just as many people who want/need to see themselves in their fantasy media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Well if it makes you mad then I sincerely hope they are. For people going on about "WokE snOwfLakEs" being too sensitive, all you "anti-woke[current buzzword]" folks sure are a hell of a lot more sensitive than even the caricature you make out of queer & poc folks, much less the actual people. Just seeing a black character in a video game, a rainbow, or the word gender is enough to get you ranting and frothing about stuff that is completely unrelated to anything in this datamining post. You have been polarized. Please seek therapy & anger management classes. You might find yourself actually enjoying things if you can curb that knee-jerk reaction to things you fear/don't understand.

The texture work is amazing, the character design looks cool af. The armor is badass. I can't wait to find out more about this character and see what they're about.
    I was about to say something about "I want to know what veteran lady's deal is," even though I knew that the fandom reactionaries were going to be in a snit. Anyway: I co-sign everything that you've said here and still want to know what veteran lady's deal is.

In other news: I love the ugly unicorns. I love the new cats, although I still wish they'd update extant cat models instead of just adding more cats in every xpack. I love this troll. I really hope the armadillo/mole rat things are available as hunter pets; they look like they might be big and bulky enough that a male draenei won't look silly on one. It's good to see what looks like crystalline hair on some of those earthen. Much as I normally hate murlocs: I love the new murloc models. And the updated kobolds are awesome.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2024-04-23 at 10:04 PM.

Lots of awesome Nerubian models. I hope they go all in fleshing them out and making them feel like an actual threat.
    Also there's half elves now? When did that happen?

...So Xal'atath's tailor, yeah?
    Who do you think is it?
    That shit looks elven-inspired voidy stuff.

Far as i know she just made a corpse into her own body and that doesn't seem like random elven garb.

You think the Nerubiand made it for her? Some secret void cultists? Or did my random ass tailor alt do it during mind control?

Anyway i like our new smug waifu, even if i do not see anything remotely attractive about her (it?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    Lots of awesome Nerubian models. I hope they go all in fleshing them out and making them feel like an actual threat.
    Also there's half elves now? When did that happen?
    We have had Arathor, son of Turalyon and Alleeia since at least TBC.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’m so fucking tired of this trend to shove disabled people in fantasy. Even my favorite fucking game Dark Souls I mocked relentlessly for having an old man in a wheelchair chilling in underground dark caverns that you can’t even get to without falling. But at least that HAD to have been added to be a joke. Because literally all three areas he’s in, are impossible areas to get to by wheelchair. But with nu-Blizz they’re gonna for sure add this with a story how this person is proud to have lost their arm and won’t take engineering nor magic to fix it. Because it gives them their strength of course. It’s tiresome. So tiresome.

And I say this as a man who spends 70% of his awake time in his wheelchair because I can’t stand or walk due to my nerves. I’m playing these games for escapism. My disability is not my super power believe it or not. It fucking sucks and I miss be days when I could walk more than anything.

That’s my rant. And no I’m not using my disability as a shield against getting criticized. You can shit on me it’s cool. In fact I will hold it against you if you read this and want to reply negatively but don’t because you feel sorry for me.
    You know we had cool disabled characters like almost 25 years ago? Auron in FF X have just one arm and eye aswell, and he is a pretty cool character.

And i personally love one armed swordmen. They are really cool. Would love to play my arms warrior with just one arm aswell
    Last edited by saixilein; 2024-04-28 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    You know we had cool disabled characters like almost 25 years ago? Auron in FF X have just one arm and eye aswell, and he is a pretty cool character.

And i personally love one armed swordmen. They are really cool. Would love to play my arms warrior with just one arm aswell
    And before that Star Ocean (1996) with Ashlay.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post

Aurons both arms are actually fine.
    His attack animation swings with both arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Aurons both arms are actually fine.
    His attack animation swings with both arms.
    Oh, i remembered wrong, thought he had just one arm, but actually have 2 and just using one. But i just know him via kingdom hearts, dunno if his second arm worked correctly, but always thought he had just one/second arm isnt working anymore.

But another shot: Future Gohan in Dragonball Z. Lost his arm and fighting Android 17 & 18 with just one. For me the best and coolest gohan.