How can I contact the producers of "How to Train Your Dragon"?

So, I have this friend who learned how to play the piano and sing by herself. She is nowhere near a professional's level, but the melodies/songs she comes up with are incredible. A year ago I "watched How to Train Your Dragon 2" and then rewatched the first part... I love that movie! And that soundtrack! I showed her a video of the main theme and she played it for me (she often makes her own versions of songs). I loved it. It was so inspiring... I used to write poems all the time in the past and the moment I heard her version of HTTYD's soundtrack I came up with lyrics for it. Sent it to her and she sang it. It might be nothing special, but it's our masterpiece. A year later, I still listen to it every day and I thought - they are making a third movie which should come out in 2018 if I remember correctly.

What I want to do, is contact the producers of How to Train Your Dragon and send them this 2 minute song. I don't want money or fame or whatever. I just want to share it with the people who created the movie and the original soundtrack. Who knows... maybe they will like it and make a professional recording of it and have it be played in the movie? Or the next one? Maybe that's ambitious of me, but again - who knows.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2016-04-05 at 07:52 PM.

That's a really sweet and nice story...sounds like a neat experience in your life.
    I wouldn't waste your time sending it to them, I'm sure they get plenty of unsolicited material and either ignore or don't use any of it. Sorry.

If you were to send it to anyone I imagine dreamworks would be the place to send it to.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can check the credits of the movie and look for the different production agencies, societies etc that participated and try see if they have a physical entity ypu can visit.
    I doubt they will check e-mails and stuff for things like that.
    Another way I can think is to upload the song to youtube, or alike, and try share it as much as possible and wait if someone conected with the movie watches it.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    I guess you can check the credits of the movie and look for the different production agencies, societies etc that participated and try see if they have a physical entity ypu can visit.
    I doubt they will check e-mails and stuff for things like that.
    Another way I can think is to upload the song to youtube, or alike, and try share it as much as possible and wait if someone conected with the movie watches it.
    "I got a pocket full of HAWTHORNES...."

If you want to do stuff for movies whether it's acting, music, art, etc. you need to first establish yourself as being talented and professional and then hire an agent. Producers don't talk to random people off the internet/street.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    Make videos of her playing said songs, get some youtube fame and then go introduce yourself.

That is literally the only way for your average joe to get anywhere near the professional studios.

Check credits, or ask on reddit (someone always has some connection). Also post it on youtube.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Put a video of her playing on youtube. I think some of the music people on youtube have gotten jobs in the industry.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You can try looking them up on IMDB and then maybe through Twitter or other social media, because I'm sure they all have them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    "I got a pocket full of HAWTHORNES...."
    I'll give you the same advice my father gave me the night I lost my virginity: just pick one; they all cost the same.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.kraft-engel.com/clients/john-powell/

That's the composer on his agent's website. It has a contact up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't know much how this works, but I don't think the people in charge of music for a movie would hire a person that isn't on a professional level and has no experience in the field (producing music for movies).

Typically, when producers (and whoever else) hire people for music, it's a whole orchestra and not just a single person.
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    If you want to do stuff for movies whether it's acting, music, art, etc. you need to first establish yourself as being talented and professional and then hire an agent. Producers don't talk to random people off the internet/street.
    I'm not looking to get hired, nor is she. My idea for this came by reading the tweets about the Warcraft movie. Duncan Jones or whatever his name was keeps replying to tweets from WoW fans and is quite friendly. I mean, the people who created the movie are, in the end, just... people. Humans. They live, feed, think and feel just like us. They might not do anything with this song of ours, that's fine. I just want to show my appreciation of their movie, kind of ^^ I will of course post it on YouTube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    If you were to send it to anyone I imagine dreamworks would be the place to send it to.
    How could I do that? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone by chance know the name of someone working on the movie and/or his twitter account or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    http://www.kraft-engel.com/clients/john-powell/

That's the composer on his agent's website. It has a contact up top.
    Thank you!