Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Hilarious. I still don't see why they had to remove the old one though.
    More options = better, no?
    Keyword here being options.

Blizzard continues selling sex, liberals are defeated, and feminazis move on to destroy yet another IP.

Nice pose. Much more cheeky and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Hahahahahha! Feminists can go choke on their proverbial ______. Loving the new pose. Alright Overwatch, you learned your lesson to cave in. You got my wallet back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Keyword here being options.

Blizzard continues selling sex, liberals are defeated, and feminazis move on to destroy yet another IP.
    except non of this happened. No feminists or sjw's were touting the pose. no one was pressuring anyone. No caving in was going on. No lessons and back tracking happened. no group except the obnoxious anti-sjw whiners were involved spamming everywhere, who were then ignored with things going on exactly as they would have had no one said anything.

blizz wanted to change the pose. they did. The "controversy" just helped drump up attention and free marketing in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    except non of this happened. No feminists or sjw's were touting the pose. No caving in was going on. No lessons and back tracking happened. no group except the obnoxious anti-sjw whiners were involved spamming everywhere, who were then ignored with things going on exactly as they would have had no one said anything.

blizz wanted to change the pose. they did.
    Yeah. Chalking it up to some overwhelming victory is sadder than apparently defeating the "evil" SJWs. None of them gave a shit. It was one person complaining that was in line with Blizzard already wanting to change the pose. This whole thing got exaggerated and exacerbated and simply came about the fact that Blizzard changed it-- there was no morality really going on, they were just listening to feedback and circumstantially they were already considering changing things.

Just kinda.. sad tbh that you guys are here thinking this is some huge victory for liberty. It's a fucking pose no one really gave a shit about until it was removed, which made people only care about it because it was removed. I find it hilarious that Blizzard changed the pose to this, but this is honestly just kinda.. sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't about her butt being exposed, it was about the initial pose not really reflecting the character's attitude; this one, while still showing her butt, does so in a way that still communicates what sort of personality she has.

This one doesn't communicate the almost sexy, sultry feel that the previous one did (the only thing preventing it from being that truly was the facial expression which wasn't easily seen anyways) - instead, it maintains the upbeat, fun and cheeky personality that she displays in all other aspects of the game.

It's cute that people are lauding this as a swipe at "SJWs" from Blizzard's side, whilst failing to realise the original discussion (or, at the very least, the main argument of the majority wanting the pose changed) was less about Tracer's butt - which, frankly, wasn't really lewd in the original pose and didn't offend most people's delicate sensibilities - and more about the fact that the general "feel" of the pose just didn't line up with the personality expected from Tracer.

Not that these poses should necessarily be indicative of a character's whole personality, but silhouetting and telling that sort of story at a glance is a pretty important thing in all forms of art.

Plus, Widowmaker already had a very similar pose to the original one that caused the controversy - I prefer the new one especially because it gives a lot more diversity between the characters in this sort of stuff.

All that said, though, this is such a stupid thing for people to be getting pissed off over; either in the original discussion of it or whatever new developments arise. It was a pose that didn't line up with Blizzard's intentions for a character, in a game that is still somewhat a work in progress - they changed it, and whether or not this change was prompted directly by fan feedback, we'll never know, but what we do know is that it's all largely inconsequential, and people lauding it as anything more than what it is (i.e. a minor visual change within a game) are just... embarrassing.

Something entirely worse than people getting up in arms over the pose in the first place? The people who were angry at them for it, because it was never, EVER a big issue up until the point a bunch of grown men started crying about it. It was a minor adjustment, that meant ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to Blizzard, and was likely already planned; what made it a controversy was the shock and horror of the people who couldn't believe devs might not have a design idea that lines up exactly with their own unprofessional opinions.

So, yeah: Blizzard didn't make this change as some move to win a "war against SJWs," it was just... ya know. A tiny visual change. Inconsequential. You win nothing, congratulations.
    Last edited by Teramelle; 2016-04-06 at 01:41 PM.

I assume the anti-SJW crowd will stick to their principles of free-speech and claim this pose is an act of censorship, Blizzard are cowards for caving, and Tracer may as well be in a burka, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Her flat ass looks a bit more plump in this pose.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is incredible haha, if anything you can see her butt more now than in the last one. gg blizzard for making whining people happy and other people like me appreciate that you're a bunch of sly fuckers
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

15+ Year Old Account
    I removed "Trigger Warning!" from the thread title because if you need a trigger warning you probably shouldn't be reading MMO-C at all (any given Gen OT thread is 50x worse).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I assume the anti-SJW crowd will stick to their principles of free-speech and claim this pose is an act of censorship, Blizzard are cowards for caving, and Tracer may as well be in a burka, right?
    I assume you came back to spout more bullshit and did not actually read a single post in this thread?
    Everyone is happier with this pose.

I find it hilarious that people from both sides of the isle are acting like they won this one and ignoring that the other side feels the same way.

Well done blizzard, well done.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I removed "Trigger Warning!" from the thread title because if you need a trigger warning you probably shouldn't be reading MMO-C at all (any given Gen OT thread is 50x worse).
    I wish that were true for most of the posters in the off topic section.

Tracerwatch keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to the next post by Fipps.

Blizzard goes from one sexually objectifying pose to another.

And now that the pose has been changed, suddenly all of the phony bullshit about "censorship" and "caving to one random complainer" has stopped. Yet if you believed that the removal of the pose was censorship, it's still removed; if you believed that Blizzard caved to one random complainer, they still caved.

It's as if the rabid anti-feminists don't need these phony bullshit excuses anymore. That's exactly what it is.

The endless mockery and sarcasm on Twitch or the Alive video whenever Tracer's butt appears might have been funny at first, but it completely misses the point. It's a strawman purporting that the problem is that a woman's ass is obscene, or displays of female sexuality is obscene (neither is obscene), and hence needs to be censored, when in fact the issue was that the pose was ridiculous, out-of-character, and completely contorted. The new pose is still each of those 3 things.

And what was all this for? Despite the torrent of idiotic outrage, nothing's really changed, except people being exposed as hypocrites. This is actually a proxy in a larger anti-feminist culture war and an idiotic controversy.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2016-04-06 at 02:05 PM.

Will someone think of the Original Complainer's 8 year old daughter!?

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I assume you came back to spout more bullshit and did not actually read a single post in this thread?
    Everyone is happier with this pose.
    I thought people were upset about the principle of a single "SJW" censoring Blizzard's artistry by suggesting Tracer should have a pose more character-appropriate?

Deleted
    That actually looks better than the old one.
    And they managed to make the pose more akin to her character if that actually was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I find it hilarious that people from both sides of the isle are acting like they won this one and ignoring that the other side feels the same way.

Well done blizzard, well done.
    That's how you make a deal.
    Both parties think they screwed over the other, everyone is happy, perfect trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    if you need a trigger warning you probably shouldn't be reading MMO-C at all (any given Gen OT thread is 50x worse).
    MMO-C confirmed as unsafe space.
    We... did it?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said numerous times on various forums - the pose wasn't changed because there was too much butt. It was changed because it didn't fit her personality. This is the best of both worlds!

@paralleluniverse the new pose is most certainly in-character.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-04-06 at 02:30 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Blizzard goes from one sexually objectifying pose to another.

And now that the pose has been changed, suddenly all of the phony bullshit about "censorship" and "caving to one random complainer" has stopped. Yet if you believed that the removal of the pose was censorship, it's still removed; if you believed that Blizzard caved to one random complainer, they still caved.

It's as if the rabid anti-feminists don't need these phony bullshit excuses anymore. That's exactly what it is.

The endless mockery and sarcasm on Twitch or the Alive video whenever Tracer's butt appears might have been funny at first, but it completely misses the point. It's a strawman purporting that the problem is that a woman's ass is obscene, or displays of female sexuality is obscene (neither is obscene), and hence needs to be censored, when in fact the issue was that the pose was ridiculous, out-of-character, and completely contorted. The new pose is still each of those 3 things.

And what was all this for? Despite the torrent of idiotic outrage, nothing's really changed, except people being exposed as hypocrites. This is actually a proxy in a larger anti-feminist culture war and an idiotic controversy.
    You realize you just completely contradicted yourself with those 2 bolded statements, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."