Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    Yea, ban inc for flaming. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Public hotspots are open anywhere around the world, which would make people criminal if they joined it? the logic is soo flawed
    No because those are Public hotspots. Thats the concent they give just like I told you before how restaurants have a free wifi sign.

His not being password protected is not giving you concent.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    You left your window open, you invited me to rob you blind. The logic is so dumb it almost hurt my brain. No, leaving something unsecured is not an invitation to steal. Its dumb, sure I agree 100% its still doesn't make it ok to steal.
    It's different when it comes to wifi.

Even if macdonalds do not put up a sign saying "free wifi", do you honestly believe their unsecured network is not meant for public use?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You call me stupid and yet your the one acting like a man child. You made a thread asking if you was a asshat. Yes you are a asshat and criminal because what you are doing is stealing.

But hell since you didn't like my car example ill give you another. If someone sit down next to you at the park and when they walked away they left there phone. Does that mean you can have it or use it???? Nope because thats theft.

What you are doing is theft. You are using a service without concent. Him removing the password (If he did) does not give anyone concent to use it. As far as we know his ISP could have forgotten to setup the password. Like I said yes I have downloaded songs(many years ago) and movies. Does that make me a criminal...yep because its theft here in the states.

Don't like anyone else's opinion (fact) other then your own then don't make a thread.
    "I am using service without consent" LOL. In fact he welcomes people to connect to his WiFi since he removed the password. It ain't stealing haha

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If your neighbor can get fiber, why don't you?

You'll get a gig down, when plugged in. Talk about speed.
    Fiber does not automatically mean gig speeds.

A. I don't live in USA
    B. ISPs leave default password on customer's router/modem, he removed it, which indicates???? what?? he welcomes people joining the hotspot. The fact that he removed the password, makes him aware what will be the outcome.
    Seeing how in most countrys its still illegal it doesn't matter where you live.

You are not using a official public free wifi hotspot and you don't have concent to this guys private network. Therefor you are stealing, No lawyer would take your case and they would laugh at you.

Also like I stated before some ISP's do forget to set it up sometimes, As far as you know his kid or friends removed the password and not him.

- - - Updated - - -

"I am using service without consent" LOL. In fact he welcomes people to connect to his WiFi since he removed the password. It ain't stealing haha
    Does he have a sign saying "Free Wifi" or has told you outright you can use it.

If not then no he did not give consent. Learn what the word consent means. Once again many countrys laws highly disagree with you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Cars without alarms are free, HAHA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No because those are Public hotspots. Thats the concent they give just like I told you before how restaurants have a free wifi sign.

His not being password protected is not giving you concent.
    Lol, what you don't understand is that ISPs (network providers) provide default passwords at the back of the router, but he removed it, so it makes it a public hotspot, + he is a tech guy, so he was aware what he was doing.

Lol, what you don't understand is that ISPs (network providers) provide default passwords at the back of the router, but he removed it, so it makes it a public hotspot, + he is a tech guy, so he was aware what he was doing.
    No what you clearly don't understand is somethings they forget to apply said password. It is rare but is known to happen. Also once again you can't prove he removed the password, As far as you know anyone could have removed it. It could have been his wife,kids or anyone.

Unless he has a sign that says "Free Wifi" or has told you that you can use it then you are using his network without consent. That is theft.

Why you feel the need to defend it is byound me because like I said I don't care. But you are stealing and that is a fact. Feel free to tell us what country you live in so we can confirm if its a law there or not.

To word it abit better sometimes the backpass word isn't enabled when it should be. Like I said its rare but has been known to happen. Even more so over where when Timewarner use's the same fucken box's over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have rules against flaming, and to be honest, a thread asking if "I'm an asshat?" is really just asking for flaming. It becomes incredibly difficult for us to moderate because we have to ask ourselves "are they answering the question or are they breaking our rules"?

Also, baiting the forum with such a thread is a problem.

Closing.