Anyone else find it hard to obtain information?

Is there anyone else that finds it hard to obtain information about games when people constantly use shortened words? ShS, BoS just some examples from WoW. What is so hard about using the real ability names or item names? This is making it very hard for me to obtain information about games because I don't know what people short it down to.

Not really an issue for me after a very short while. I guess that the issue with using the full terms is the longer time it takes to type it out and if you are using multiple ones you cannot copy and paste easily all the time.

If it is a decent guide then I think for the first appearance it should have the full word once with the abbreviation in brackets or maybe even a guide to the abbreviations used. If you see these then perhaps write them down or print the list out etc. I would suggest that doing the list in a rough alphabetical order will help you find the word more quickly. Afterwards every time you see BoS etc you can now quickly understand what it is until you learn the words for yourself. Hopefully this helps and lets you research things more easily.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2016-04-06 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    It's usually easy enough to figure it out from context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I had this issue when I was new to World of Warcraft. On the one had you want to learn about the game but on the other hand you have no idea what people are talking about. What help me is I search for :list of World of Warcraft acronyms. But you know It's the same with many professions who have their own jargon. it's a big difference when you take up a new interest vs someone invite you and give you the rundown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPyro View Post
    Yes I had this issue when I was new to World of Warcraft. On the one had you want to learn about the game but on the other hand you have no idea what people are talking about. What help me is I search for :list of World of Warcraft acronyms. But you know It's the same with many professions who have their own jargon. it's a big difference when you take up a new interest vs someone invite you and give you the rundown.
    I tend to figure it out from context. Also non-gaming related abbreviations on Reddit. Things like FTFY, FYI, LPT I figured out by just thinking about what they might mean in the context it was being used.