Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    yay another thread about feminism lol wonder why u dont talk about countries where feminism is desperately needed ie the middle east but that probably doesnt suit your agenda
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    How does a thread on a banned topic get to 11 pages?

Not going to mention any specific names, but this thread really brought out some of the more infamous OT shitposters. I am surprised Jaylock hasn't posted in here yet, but I am almost convinced, based on similar agendas, that Tennisace is Jaylock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    That is a really good question. Maybe one of the moderators can tell us.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

These people are cunts. The people behind the bakesale- cunts, acting in a bigoted way to highlight a non existent issue in order to justify their victim complex. Then these cunts with the threats. I don't know how many are trolls just looking for "teh lulz" and how many are genuinely against what these people stand for, either way, their actions are out of order, it is just a shitty thing to do, and it also makes it very difficult to criticise these people because when these cunts act like this, the first set of cunts and their defenders can scream "SEE!!!! SEEEE!!! I AM A VICTIM!", and any criticism, no mater how valid and reasoned can be deflected and shouted down, without actually addressing their substance. A clusterfuck of cuntishness, though the harassers are the bigger cunts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    What do you want people to say? Rape and murder, etc is bad. There are always going to be shitheads. Those types of people won't listen to reason. There's little point even addressing them because it's like trying to convince ISIS to hold hands with anyone who's not batshit insane.
    Thank you for asking. The reason you should make a clear statement that such statements (heh...) is unacceptable is to send a clear message to anyone who would otherwise (and sadly, they are numerous) think that it is okay to post stuff like this. You would certainly not let people post about how non-muslims should be killed, or how white people should all be killed without speaking up against them, would you? The same applies here. Only by making clear statements opposing people who would post threats of murder and rape can we shame them into think twice before posting such again.

Then again, you can ignore them or even defend them...but that does nothing but encourage them further.

also for my response to this shitty clickbait bullshit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
    mr pickles

Step 1: Lay out bait article
    Step 2: Ignore anyone that offers an argument and just quote the low hanging fruit
    Step 3: Rinse and repeat each day

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    No, I suspect the bit your bolded is just a bit too clever for you (and aparently a lot of other posters too). I mean letting men pay a additional fee that matches the pay difference to buy a cupcake...that is like, fiendishly clever. You'd have to be, like, a rocket scientist or something to appreciate the irony of that!

...Oh, look at that. I left my sarcasm button toggled on. My bad.

And quite frankly, when people post to attack women for selling cupcakes at a higher price to men while ignoring the death and rape threats (which is what the OP article is ABOUT), it shows that they doesn't give a damn about it. That is when they don't outright post stuff like "what did the sexist cunts expect".

My, so many strawmen. Did you build them yourself, or did you get help? You certainly can't have read many of my posts, or you would have known very well that I am equally disgusted by sexism and racism, whether it strikes at black or white, men or women, people from Africa, the US, the Emirates or Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

How many times a day are women refered to as "cunts" and so on, just on these forums? How many men refer to women as horrible, golddigging, dick-teasing bitches and so on? And yet...they shouldn't use the same language, and if they DO, men are justified in "pushing back"?

How about you instead try to use common sense and realise that ANYONE, male or female, who use such derogatory language are simply rude and uncivilized, and deserve to be called out for it, and the fact that some people of a given sex (or ethnicity, or culture or skin colour for that matter) ARE rude and uncivilized does NOT give ANYONE grounds for attacking whole groups based on it?

Perhaps that concept is too hard for you?
    Except your life isn't ruined for being called a cunt. However, being branded a racist, sexist or rapist can fuck with your livelihood. Anyone who has publicly come out against the narrative in the mainstream media gets labelled one of these things disregarding facts, data and actual truth.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Women have been oppressed for centuries so one can understand their frustration when they promulgate that hashtag but when men, white men, say it, it makes no sense because it doesn't come from a place of hurting and victimisation.
    Irish not needed here.

Feudalism.

Every race has been a slave.

Pointing fingers are one group and saying that they would never understand how to be a victim is pretty much making them a victim.

Deleted
    Tennisace is really good at what he/she does

But really, it's because it's interesting, and not boring

I hope he doesn't get banned, he's almost the only person making interesting threads here

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    In the same position, women tend to make MORE than men.
    On AVERAGE, across ALL women, regardless of occupation or position, women make less.
    Women also tend to choose less demanding fields (in terms of education, certifications, and risk).

Adjusted for those factors, women tend to make more than men in the same position.
    Which is why I clearly and repeatedly stated that my experiences were confined to a specific set of fields and is not valid as a general metric for the entire workforce. The specific criteria I'm talking about doesn't compare to and so is not an applicable statement to "all women working".
    You yourself included 'Women also tend to choose less demanding fields', which can be true across the workforce generally, however I'm talking about the women who are specifically in one of the more demanding fields. People with masters/doctorate degrees working in corporate research labs or technical product R&D (technical like polymer development, bio research, pharma research, not IT/computer science technical).

My girlfriend works in the IT industry and she keeps saying she makes less then her male colleague because of sexism.
    So I asked her a few questions.

1 - he has 7 years experience.. she had 3.
    2 - he has a senior job mentoring her, she has not.
    3 - he works overtime every single day and comes in at the weekends, she does not.
    4 - hes 35 years old, she is 26.

As I said, maybe your anecdotal evidence is correct, but in my life and my surroundings I see women making more in every job they do the exact same thing, not just me but also my friends.
    The women that make less and bitch about it are ones like my gf and other women I know that just are not as far up the ladder as their male counterpart but think they deserve the same salary.
    This is what actually pisses me off the most. Claiming sexist discrimination where none exists and an aggressive sense of entitlement turn the issue into a joke, especially considering generally speaking the wage gap has shrunk (and is continuing to) or simply doesn't exist any more. However there are still some areas of the work sector where it does still exist and things like this mean that's not likely to change any time soon, these people are exacerbating the problem for those who still have to deal with it, not helping.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2016-04-06 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The title was cut off, and here I was hoping someone had choked to death, letting us say Feminisn actually killed someone.

Darn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    Except your life isn't ruined for being called a cunt. However, being branded a racist, sexist or rapist can fuck with your livelihood. Anyone who has publicly come out against the narrative in the mainstream media gets labelled one of these things disregarding facts, data and actual truth.
    Oh, right. So now it is "your insults are worse than ours"?

"narrative in the mainstream media"...yeah, I don't think you're worth my time. Thank you for playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much no one says that "it's ok" to post death threats.
    But they do either ignore them, or defend the ones who made them. Which amounts to the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why gender threads are now on the forbidden topics list. Locking this here.

Because the only automated systems we use catch spambot-type stuff. Otherwise, moderation is done personally, and we're all real people with lives outside this forum. The thread was posted at ~9:15 my time, and I wasn't taking a look at new threads until a few minutes ago, when I noticed this. Apparently, I was the first mod to do so in that time frame. As for why it hit 11 pages; that's 11 pages in just two and a half hours. Look more at how long the thread was up, less about how much rageposting gets done before it gets locked.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-06 at 03:57 PM.