Deleted

If you could remake a Legendary which would it be?

You're allowed to make a total remake or a slight tweak either goes. Which legendary would you pick, what would you do and why?

Personally for a slight rework I'd make Nozdormu a 4/12 and only effect your opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leeroy Jenkins 4/6/2

"Charge
    When you draw this card, automatically play it if able"

That flavour.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

If I could change upcoming WotOG legendaries I'd choose Y'shaarj to be more along the lines of "Deathrattle: Summon 1(or 2) random Shas." Sure more succeptible to silence/hex but I feel what we're going to get doesn't fit the old god. If it had to be an already released card I'd tweak Justicar Trueheart so taht it only buffed warrior armor by 3 and gave rogues a passive +1 to their hero power weapon.

Nozdormu is the most retarded legendary. And of course that's the fucking one I get only ever. (Besides Alex recently.)

- - - Updated - - -

Like, Mechanical Yeti is balanced because it has the same stats as regular Yeti, but it gives both opponents a spare part so it's even.

But balancing a legendary around both players getting equal effects and the stats are garbage? That's just disappointing.

Yeah definitely Nozdormu. He has to be one of the most powerful aspects in lore. There's nothing more advantageous than being able to control time. It's sad that's he's garbage in Hearthstone.

Bolvar Fordragon. He deserved so much better.

3/7 for 5 mana
    Whenever a friendly minion dies while this card is in your hand, gain +1 Attack. Such a small buff and he may have seen a little play.

Deleted
    Illidan Stormrage.

I mean, it's fucking Illidan. Who cares about some Mistaller or Dr Boom which appear once in the middle of nowhere and don't mean a god damn thing?
    Currently he sucks balls. His stats are crap, he's vulnerable to BGH and his effect is slow.

I'd make him a solid 6/6 for 6 like the secret paladin card - that's for starters

Now the effect, idk honestly:

Control (slow): summon 2/2 flame of azzinoth for each card you play
    Tempo swing: summon 2/2 flame of azzinoth for every enemy minion you kill
    Joust: succesfull Joust equips the hero with 4/2 Wargavies of Azzinoth
    Inspire: Equip 2/2 Warglavie of Azzintoh. If one Glavie is equipped already, destroy it and replace with 4/2 Warglavies of Azzinoth
    Discover: Discover a random Demon (this is dodgy tho as only WL has loads demons and Illidan is a neutral)

I would love another neutral weapon generator.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-04-07 at 11:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu.

But

I want his current effect unchanged (apart from fixing the problem where you can eliminate the opponent's turn with chain animations) but able to be played 3 or 4 mana earlier. His effect would be MONSTROUS in the midgame, the most crucial turns where both players will usually have a whole lot of things to consider and potential cards to play. If you're a quick thinker who can plan on the fly, dropping a turn-5 or turn-6 Noz (with lowered stats, say 4/6?) would give you an advantage as your opponent would have a turn or two of panic plays in the midgame.

If they want to keep Noz as a BIG minion in keeping with his status as an Aspect, they could just rework him entirely and give his effect to a smaller bronze dragon. Chromie, for instance.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-04-07 at 02:47 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

To make nozdormu's effect something that would come into play at a relevant part of the game they'd have to make the game more responsive / immediate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    To make nozdormu's effect something that would come into play at a relevant part of the game they'd have to make the game more responsive / immediate.
    Up the turn timer to 20-25sec

Still drastically shorter, but with 5-10 extra seconds for spell animations.

And make it so your opponents turn doesn't cut into yours
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfucioussaid View Post
    The ultimate Ropecoach counter.

Make Noz's effect a battlecry and cost 1 mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Nozdormu.

But

I want his current effect unchanged (apart from fixing the problem where you can eliminate the opponent's turn with chain animations) but able to be played 3 or 4 mana earlier. His effect would be MONSTROUS in the midgame, the most crucial turns where both players will usually have a whole lot of things to consider and potential cards to play. If you're a quick thinker who can plan on the fly, dropping a turn-5 or turn-6 Noz (with lowered stats, say 4/6?) would give you an advantage as your opponent would have a turn or two of panic plays in the midgame.

If they want to keep Noz as a BIG minion in keeping with his status as an Aspect, they could just rework him entirely and give his effect to a smaller bronze dragon. Chromie, for instance.
    On a semi unrelated note has anyone else noticed that sometimes when you play Nozdormu that on your turn the UI seems to give you less time than your opponent? I know any lag on your end could affect this and make it seem like you get less time when you really aren't, but I've just had too many times that when he has been kept alive I have countered the secs before and have clearly gotten less than 10 secs, being able to play only 1-2 cards when my opponent almost perfectly lays down everything they need and execute all of their attacks.

I might be utterly boring, but I'd change Boom's mana cost to 8. Which is something Blizzard should have done ages ago if they werent so afraid to step on the tippie toes of any of their casual players who worked so very hard for that 1600 dust and might feel sad in the eye if it was to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    Leeroy Jenkins 4/6/2

"Charge
    When you draw this card, automatically play it if able"

That flavour.
    I wasn't expecting any downright brilliant suggestions in this thread, way to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Bolvar Fordragon. He deserved so much better.
    I agree with you that Bolvar should have been a better card. I'm going to also go with Nozdormu though since he will actually continue to be around in Standard and will continue to be crap forever, which is unfortunate.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I'd say Dreadscale and Acidmaw should be one card, but when you play it then it summons the other jormungar. Keep Acidmaw as a 7 mana 4/2 with his effect, but make him summon Dreadscale aswell.

Wilfred Fizzlebang has a cool effect but never sees play, so I'd say buff him from a 6 mana 4/4 to a 5 mana 4/5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    On a semi unrelated note has anyone else noticed that sometimes when you play Nozdormu that on your turn the UI seems to give you less time than your opponent? I know any lag on your end could affect this and make it seem like you get less time when you really aren't, but I've just had too many times that when he has been kept alive I have countered the secs before and have clearly gotten less than 10 secs, being able to play only 1-2 cards when my opponent almost perfectly lays down everything they need and execute all of their attacks.
    It's a known issue, and is used for a couple of nasty exploits. If Nozdormu is played, and your opponent has queued up a bunch of things right before his timer ends (card plays, minion attacks etc) then the timer for his turn ends but the animations still play out.

But while these animations are playing, your own turn timer is ticking down. So if ten seconds of animations play after his rope burned out, your next turn is 5 seconds long. If 15+ seconds of animations, your next turn is SKIPPED.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's a known issue, and is used for a couple of nasty exploits. If Nozdormu is played, and your opponent has queued up a bunch of things right before his timer ends (card plays, minion attacks etc) then the timer for his turn ends but the animations still play out.

But while these animations are playing, your own turn timer is ticking down. So if ten seconds of animations play after his rope burned out, your next turn is 5 seconds long. If 15+ seconds of animations, your next turn is SKIPPED.
    Yep, I saw Eloise use this exploit on stream. She had a Warlock deck with Nozdormu, Emperor, and the Curse of Rafaam cards. Basically you play Nozdormu, and then right as you're about to rope you play the Rafaam Cards after Emperor discounts their mana cost. The animations of the Curse of Rafaam cards take up pretty much the entire rope clock. It was hilarious to watch but broken as hell.