Thread: Superman

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Superman

So I think that the citizens of metropolis aren't too bright. I mean they can't tell that Clark Kent is superman because he put on a pair of glasses.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sacha Baron Cohen also went to the streets and asked people what they thought of Sacha. Tones of people had no idea that was him.

Too be fair...comics also suggest that this...

...will conceal your identity.

Yeah no, theres no way Clark Kent is superman, even the great Lex Luthor knows thats impossible:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Vol_2_2

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Henry Cavill is a god walking among us.
    I think someone might have a slight crush?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Henry Cavill actually went to Times Square wearing a Superman shirt and took a few photos under the huge Batman v Superman posters and no one recognized him.

He said he wanted to test that theory.
    The experiment would work better if he had first walked around dressed as Superman and then came back later dressed as Clark Kent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I think that the citizens of metropolis aren't too bright. I mean they can't tell that Clark Kent is superman because he put on a pair of glasses.
    It's not just a pair of glasses. He's also wearing a suit that doesn't have a massive S emblazoned on it. Huuuuuge difference

I'm just wondering why anyone with two brain cells to rub together would ever live in a major city with a resident super hero.

With skyscrapers collapsing in on themselves and satellites raining from the sky is a weekly occurrence, your property values are going to plummet. Not to mention the chance of fiery death.

Miley Cyrus went around LA and asked questions about her self and only a few people guessed it was her. I think only 1.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    I'm just wondering why anyone with two brain cells to rub together would ever live in a major city with a resident super hero.

With skyscrapers collapsing in on themselves and satellites raining from the sky is a weekly occurrence, your property values are going to plummet. Not to mention the chance of fiery death.
    They can't afford to move, their homes are worthless, and they probably have a mortgage that s much higher than they originally bought.

The official explanation is more than just a pair of glasses. He also slouches, so he looks shorter, wears oversized clothes, so he appears out of shape, and raises his voice about an octave.

Don't forget the hair swirl(as Superman)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The official explanation is more than just a pair of glasses. He also slouches, so he looks shorter, wears oversized clothes, so he appears out of shape, and raises his voice about an octave.
    This, Supes has such control of his body that he can make himself look fat and much shorter than he really is, he also vibrates his body at a stupid speed that makes most photos and videos look blurry.

Lois Lane is galactically stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Lois Lane is galactically stupid.
    Lois suspected Clark many times before he finally came out of the phone booth, Supes always got round it by using tricks, shapeshifters and super speed. How can you argue that Clark is Superman when you see them both at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Lois suspected Clark many times before he finally came out of the phone booth, Supes always got round it by using tricks, shapeshifters and super speed. How can you argue that Clark is Superman when you see them both at the same time?
    I paraphrased a quote from Lois, sooooooooo.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I paraphrased a quote from Lois, sooooooooo.....
    Did you? Forgive me as I have not read every single superman comic since its release in the 40's.

Clark Kent is Superman? No way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Too be fair...comics also suggest that this...

...will conceal your identity.
    Given Henry Cavill's demonstration, I'm reversing a long-held belief and now agree that this (or glasses, or a different colored wig) represents a perfectly reasonable and effective means of concealing one's identity.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)