Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why do you say that? Is what I said untrue?
    If you read through the 1080 pages, you will find in depth posts from other individuals discussing Blizzard opening up legacy servers themselves, as well as arguments from people that are FOR the opening of Blizzard owned servers and of the people who are against it. It's not just full of people crying about nostalrius being taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    Overwatch was almost directly born from the Titan project.
    Almost is the key word there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    I'm sure many different interactions of private servers have resulted in people who claimed to pay if Blizzard did something. I was running into people in general chat left in right during WoD who said they would pay to play on one. There has been several people who have canceled their Overwatch preorders and Legion preorders as to not support Blizzard anymore on this issue.

We keep getting told ALL of us only want to play on a server that is free 2 play. Not only has that been contradicted by people who won't play on a private server etc.... to begin with, but it has been proven time and time again that a lot of us will pay. I'm actually pretty sure everyone that has responded in this thread for a legacy server would pay for example.

Again your proof is what? Also seem to be neglecting the biggest key HOW long will they pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Again your proof is what? Also seem to be neglecting the biggest key HOW long will they pay for it.
    Did you just ignore the first Paragraph and decide to respond? Is some fascinating way of thinking to just quote people and respond without even reading the quote? Does it release endorphin or something to give you a high?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I watched for like 5 minutes. It was him and like 100 or so people and he was ranting about how no one was having fun in legion, and he just wanted to have fun!
    Yup I tune in sometimes for 5 mins to see what /facepalm he's up to again but when he said no one is having fun or will have fun in Legion I tuned out.
    I for one am extremely liking what I see in Legion and wouldn't trade that for the lag/bugs/clunkyness of Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I watched for like 5 minutes. It was him and like 100 or so people and he was ranting about how no one was having fun in legion, and he just wanted to have fun!
    Funny thing is, back in the day, when Kungen was relevant, he was always saying, that vanilla was shit.

Kungen is actually someone that the phrase "you think you do but you dont" actually fits very well. Hes at the forefront of getting people to sign petitions, protesting and whetever else. Talking about memories and all other bs. Ive watched enough of him to know that he would play a vanilla server for like 3 weeks to a month before he realizes its not as fun as it was 10 years ago.

If he would play it seriously for more than 2 months i would be very impressed.

Deleted
    PPl who say they don't know kungen clearly where not around in vanilla times, he was the leader of the top guild in the world in vanilla.

And the leader of the first guild in the world to kill kelthuzard, the hardest boss in wows history, in vanilla.

Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-04-25 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Lately, I've been seeing some people using Everquest and Runescape as reasons a vanilla server would work and be profitable. I went and did some research on Runescape and feel a need to point out the fallacies of the arguement and discrepencies between the the two. Please bare in mind, this research is very minimalist and might even be outdated and correct me if you see a problem.
    1). Graphics...oh the graphics. It is a safe claim with Runescape that the graphical content is very minimalist and have stayed pretty close to the release graphics over the years, so much so that it is actually a part of the game, something players aren't just accustomed to, but literally expect and want the game to look like, much like Minecraft today. It's not only part of the games charm, but it's identity. The issue comes in though, while Runescape uses this as part of its core design, Blizzard does not, and more to fact, probably WOULD not use outdated graphics or graphics engines to run their IP. Updating all this wil cost time and money and manpower, and any changes/improvements to the system would also be integrated into Legacy. I understand a large majority of the playerbase would not care, but as developers themselves, they want to be proud of their work, they want it to represent the game as a whole, whether Legacy or retail, and redesigning/updating old models will take a lot of time from them.
    2). F2P. From what I've seen, this is not a true factor in the sense that their is a sub fee that can be paid with real money or in game currency, much like WoW's game token. The issue isn't the sub fee itself, but that as a start up, as well as still going today, the majority of Runescapes costs are made up for with in game advertisements. This is not a company supporting itself by charging money for new content or a direct sub fee, but is actually making money by having advertisers pay them to advertise. Blizzard, on the other hand, pays out of pocket. Seeing as how unlikely it is they would offer other companies to advertise in their game, all money spent will come directly out of revenue they have made and is currently being used to support other projects as well, things like Hearthstone, HotS, Overwatch, and the movie they have coming out, not to mention the things they do like Blizzcon, company trips, paying their employees, and keeping the lights on in the office. (This is admittedly where some of the research I have done might be out of date)
    3). Runescape is actively updated. It's kept fresh over the years by introducing new things, whether small or huge differences. As for Legacy servers, there are players who are on both sides of the fence, those who are fine with just leaving as is forever, and those that would want improvements, whether in the form of new quests or seasons, to the point some have even suggested reintroducing other xpacs as it continues. On one hand, leaving it alone makes it become stale and lose any long term interest, where as any updates, such as seasons or new quests/mobs/bosses/content now also needs to be put into retail, otherwise creating a rift between players even bigger than it is in this forum.

I'd like you to know that a large portion of that is completely wrong.

1. The graphics, depending on old school or normal runescape servers, have been significantly updated since the game came out. On both of them. Obviously the oldschool runs their 2007 graphics which are kinda shit, but the current runescape has more 3d armor than wow does. If you want direct examples, I can find pictures for you for all of these examples, but I'm too lazy to find them when I'm pretty sure you won't be looking at them anyways.

2. They don't use any advertisements whatsoever in game if you are a subscriber, which again, unlocks literally 90%+ of the game. They push out all updates for subscribers. They have a way overboard cash shop in normal runescape but everyone who plays knows none of that money is reinvested into the game. Old school has zero ads and zero cash shop in it. All of its costs are paid for solely by subscriptions.

They have a runefest as well. They produce many other games (although most of them suck ass and fail).

3, I don't even understand what you are trying to imply on this point, runescape and old school get updates. Nostralus was updating the servers too every couple months. They could easily do this too and I'm sure most would agree with it.

I'm sorry but your research sounds like you read the front page of /r/runescape and old school, and did nothing else.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2016-04-25 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Kungen is actually someone that the phrase "you think you do but you dont" actually fits very well. Hes at the forefront of getting people to sign petitions, protesting and whetever else. Talking about memories and all other bs. Ive watched enough of him to know that he would play a vanilla server for like 3 weeks to a month before he realizes its not as fun as it was 10 years ago.

If he would play it seriously for more than 2 months i would be very impressed.
    Vanilla encourages long term gameplay compared to retail wow. I would be rather impressed if he didn't play vanilla for more than 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'd like you to know that a large portion of that is completely wrong.

1. The graphics, depending on old school or normal runescape servers, have been significantly updated since the game came out. On both of them. Obviously the oldschool runs their 2007 graphics which are kinda shit, but the current runescape has more 3d armor than wow does. If you want direct examples, I can find pictures for you for all of these examples, but I'm too lazy to find them when I'm pretty sure you won't be looking at them anyways.

2. They don't use any advertisements whatsoever in game if you are a subscriber, which again, unlocks literally 90%+ of the game. They push out all updates for subscribers. They have a way overboard cash shop in normal runescape but everyone who plays knows none of that money is reinvested into the game. Old school has zero ads and zero cash shop in it. All of its costs are paid for solely by subscriptions.

They have a runefest as well. They produce many other games (although most of them suck ass and fail).

3, I don't even understand what you are trying to imply on this point, runescape and old school get updates. Nostralus was updating the servers too every couple months. They could easily do this too and I'm sure most would agree with it.

I'm sorry but your research sounds like you read the front page of /r/runescape and old school, and did nothing else.
    It's grasping at straws. He has now tried to convert over to Coconuts view since he doesn't have anything else of trying to say due to people having different views of what server they would want = there should be no server at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    PPl who say they dont know kungen clearly where not around in vanilla times, he was in the top guild in the world in vanilla.
    He was well-known back in the day, but everyone forgot about him in late WotLK or early Cata. He uses this Legacy drama to create some hype around himself to get some views/money. What he says now is what people want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So, Lore said on Bajh's stream that he's going to a meeting, do you think it might be...-THE MEETING- O:?
    I mean, he should be involved in that as he's the one communicating with all the streamers and such, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    So, Lore said on Bajh's stream that he's going to a meeting, do you think it might be...-THE MEETING- O:?
    I mean, he should be involved in that as he's the one communicating with all the streamers and such, right?
    Yeah, I doubt any company ever has weekly meetings on Mondays. This has to be something big!

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    He was well-known back in the day, but everyone forgot about him in late WotLK or early Cata. He uses this Legacy drama to create some hype around himself to get some views/money. What he says now is what people want to hear.
    Nah I think Kungen being genuinely interested in a Legacy server makes a lot of sense. The idea of a Legacy server in general is very popular so to say a guy that was so hardcore in Vanilla would not be genuinely interested in it is kind of dumb.

I will add that if he was just in it for the money he would have kept streaming Hearthstone or even WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    Yeah, I doubt any company ever has weekly meetings on Mondays. This has to be something big!
    This. Logically it has to be about legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    Nah I think Kungen being genuinely interested in a Legacy server makes a lot of sense. The idea of a Legacy server in general is very popular so to say a guy that was so hardcore in Vanilla would not be genuinely interested in it is kind of dumb.
    But that's the thing, during TBC and early WotLK he was the one saying that Vanilla was shit I've been around since TBC, and was following top dudes, cuz I myself was actively raiding then, or at least was trying to, haha, that's why I was quite surprised to see him being so pro-Vanilla all of a sudden

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. 1086 pages about this so far. Have you guys come to any conclusion? Are we closer to a legacy server or are you just wasting time?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Yep, and this guy is who's going to receive the signed petition before the meeting

https://twitter.com/Frank_Pearce/sta...37366523867136

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Yep, and this guy is who's going to receive the signed petition before the meeting

https://twitter.com/Frank_Pearce/sta...37366523867136
    I hope mark slams those 5k pages of signatures and other shit on his table!