Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    They are saying they would, but it would be very hard for them. They want to, but it's to hard.
    You can't argue with the fact THEY WOULD IF IT WAS EASY FOR THEM TO DO.
    But it isn't, so they won't, so there's really no point to this entire conversation, is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    guys I wanna go back to Vanilla where I'm forced to tank on my warrior or heal on my Paladin.

Kappa
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Could you actually answer?

Also, my entire guild cleared KT40 and unanimously agree that the raiding right now is the best it's ever been. I thought vanilla raiding was garbage, too.
    LOL this is an absolute lie. Your ENTIRE guild did not clear KT40.
    Prove this.

PROVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Cata is below Wrath/MoP for me, but above Classic/TBC/WoD.

I'm not saying everything is peachy in the game now, but it is WAY better than anything Classic/TBC had to offer.

As far as the community is concerned... I haven't met a single decent person on this forum, in the wowservers sub-reddit, or in any private server I've played.
    Then retail is clearly for you. In this case, trust me, you'd probably hate vanilla. You had to group up to do quest, dealt with gankers literally *all* the time, and if you sucked at playing your class, chances are you'd get the boot from your group or raid. Like I said, it's not for everyone, but it definitely provides a better MMO experience than anything retail has offered since BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    guys I wanna go back to Vanilla where I'm forced to tank on my warrior or heal on my Paladin.

Kappa
    This guy never played vanilla.

I can tell you why WoD is easier?
    - As you level 90-100 you gain blues and epic items from both quests and from items on the ground
    - As you level your garrison, you gain 1 piece of raid loot before raiding even started - literally free epics
    - Mobs are easier to kill
    - You have far more utility in every class and it's much harder to die to world mobs
    I leveled a paladin in vanilla and I didn't have any issue leveling. Same with my rogue/shaman.
    You got blues through leveling in vanilla too, epics from the random upgrade feature weren't gamebreaking, just a tiny nice perk. Didn't change anything really
    You couldn't get any cache before the raids released, also you're a liar if you said you were able to get 3 followers to 645 itemlevel to unlock the cache instantly at relase.
    Mobs are easier to kill because classes are designed better. Remember how shitty hunters were before they got an actual ability to cast? Same with paladins. Most classes were horrible.
    See classes being horrible.

The game wasn't harder, the classes were just tons worse. I'm playing a tbc server for shits and giggles and it's just as bad as i remembered it. Autoattack and mend pet for 62 levels, then learn steady shot and then rape everything in sight. The game wasn't hard, it was just poorly designed at the time. Expansions fixed these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    But it isn't, so they won't, so there's really no point to this entire conversation, is there?
    They've never shy'd away from things because they are hard but they've had a few failures to know they need to be absolutely certain it will be worth the investment.

They want to do it. And they will do it. And I will laugh at all the haters in this thread while Retail wow GROWS IN SIZE while Legacy servers flourish and bloom

They've never shy'd away from things because they are hard but they've had a few failures to know they need to be absolutely certain it will be worth the investment.

They want to do it. And they will do it. And I will laugh at all the haters in this thread while Retail wow GROWS IN SIZE while Legacy servers flourish and bloom
    Sure, they want to do it. Or, at least they say they do to placate the rabid nostalgia buffs. But not until they are finished developing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It's not about how many now, but the potential it can get to. Also blizz never said that was their reasoning for not creating Legacy realms.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have no plans of making pre-TBC realms. This goes against the very nature of an MMO and would be a logistical nightmare. There's no switch to flip on the realms to roll back years of patches and changes, and we don't intend to invent one so that a very small minority of players can play what we feel would be an inferior cousin of the World of Warcraft of today.

HAHAHAHHAA im dying
    RIP buddy. The only thing that matters in WoW is raiding and even LFR is more challenging than vanilla raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

LOL this is an absolute lie. Your ENTIRE guild did not clear KT40.
    Prove this.

PROVE IT
    Google Warpath - illidan.
    Check my signature for my character, in warpath-illidan.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/illidan/Warpath
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/illidan/Warpath+II

I leveled a paladin in vanilla and I didn't have any issue leveling. Same with my rogue/shaman.
    You got blues through leveling in vanilla too, epics from the random upgrade feature weren't gamebreaking, just a tiny nice perk. Didn't change anything really
    You couldn't get any cache before the raids released, also you're a liar if you said you were able to get 3 followers to 645 itemlevel to unlock the cache instantly at relase.
    Mobs are easier to kill because classes are designed better. Remember how shitty hunters were before they got an actual ability to cast? Same with paladins. Most classes were horrible.

The game wasn't harder, the classes were just tons worse. I'm playing a tbc server for shits and giggles and it's just as bad as i remembered it. Autoattack and mend pet for 62 levels, then learn steady shot and then rape everything in sight. The game wasn't hard, it was just poorly designed at the time. Expansions fixed these things.
    Uh, getting blues in vanilla from quests was exceedingly rare. Usually only from the final quest wrapping up the story in the zone. Mostly it was Greens.
    Im not lying that I had my first cache before raiding started. I seriously am not lying about that. When WoD came out i had 2 weeks off work and played 14 hour days for the first week. I had my first piece before I raided.

I agree with that, classes are designed better.

But the game WAS HARDER because the classes were worse. Because you had less utility. But it was STILL harder.

So im RIGHT to say Vanilla was HARDER. The reasons why it was HARDER were sad (bad class design etc) but it was STILL FUCKING HARDER.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have no plans of making pre-TBC realms. This goes against the very nature of an MMO and would be a logistical nightmare. There's no switch to flip on the realms to roll back years of patches and changes, and we don't intend to invent one so that a very small minority of players can play what we feel would be an inferior cousin of the World of Warcraft of today.
    And was that before or after their recent statement buddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Mobs are easier to kill because classes are designed better? lolwut? Every class is homogenized now. Most have self heals and absorbs that cost little to no resources. Essentially you just run around mindlessly killing stuff without the risk of ever possibly dying. Back then you had to be smart about pulls, if you pulled 2 enemies at the same time it was quite possible you could die, for example.

By homogenizing classes, not only does it make things less interesting in general, it has made leveling incredibly undertuned. Back in vanilla for example, you could at least be killed by stuff. As it stands now, even if you're playing your class while making tons of mistakes, you can still easily win.

Uh, getting blues in vanilla from quests was exceedingly rare. Usually only from the final quest wrapping up the story in the zone. Mostly it was Greens.
    Im not lying that I had my first cache before raiding started. I seriously am not lying about that. When WoD came out i had 2 weeks off work and played 14 hour days for the first week. I had my first piece before I raided.

I agree with that, classes are designed better.

But the game WAS HARDER because the classes were worse. Because you had less utility. But it was STILL harder.

So im RIGHT to say Vanilla was HARDER. The reasons why it was HARDER were sad (bad class design etc) but it was STILL FUCKING HARDER.
    Sure. Not that I agree with you, but I have a bigger point to make. Endgame wasn't. And endgame is what matters, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Then retail is clearly for you. In this case, trust me, you'd probably hate vanilla. You had to group up to do quest, dealt with gankers literally *all* the time, and if you sucked at playing your class, chances are you'd get the boot from your group or raid. Like I said, it's not for everyone, but it definitely provides a better MMO experience than anything retail has offered since BC.
    Yeah, I've played the game for 10 years. WoD made me quit twice. (The first time, I re-subbed because my wife begged me to come back and raid with the guild, the second time I re-subbed because they let me in the alpha and they shut down Nostalrius.)

I'm looking forward to Legion, and I've had nothing but bad experiences with the community in Classic/TBC and on private servers. I haven't met any good people on those servers yet.

I also prefer to play in an environment that is not hostile toward players that aren't so skilled. I've been a great healer since I started healing 10 years ago, but my wife and daughter aren't the most skilled players in the world and have been treated very badly by the "elite".

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Mobs are easier to kill because classes are designed better? lolwut? Every class is homogenized now. Most have self heals and absorbs that cost little to no resources. Essentially you just run around mindlessly killing stuff without the risk of ever possibly dying. Back then you had to be smart about pulls, if you pulled 2 enemies at the same time it was quite possible you could die, for example.

By homogenizing classes, not only does it make things less interesting in general, it has made leveling incredibly undertuned. Back in vanilla for example, you could at least be killed by stuff. As it stands now, even if you're playing your class while making tons of mistakes, you can still easily win.
    I'm sorry that leveling was the only aspect of the game you experienced.

Google Warpath - illidan.
    Check my signature for my character, in warpath-illidan.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/illidan/Warpath
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/illidan/Warpath+II
    Impressive but lacks proof re: KT40
    You've got enough raiding chops though. I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Are you exclusivly raid LFR?

because above that the skill cap for dungeons and raids are far higher in WoD then vanilla. This goes also for healing btw. What is so "skillfull" in TBC/Vanilla that your wife or daughter can not cope but can cope with it in the live game?
    They would raid LFR & Normal with me. They pick up mechanics well, but they can't pull the numbers DPS wise that people have come to expect in normal. Our friends wouldn't care, but most of the "legacy" crowd would. At least, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    RIP buddy. The only thing that matters in WoW is raiding and even LFR is more challenging than vanilla raiding.
    We you clearly never raided vanilla

Impressive but lacks proof re: KT40
    You've got enough raiding chops though. I'll give you that.
    Pretty sure he said he didn't even play vanilla lol, he seems to be changing his stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.