10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Padarius View Post
    I hope the movie sucks, i hope legion sucks, and I hope Legacy is given a chance.
    that's the least constructive thing i've ever read in a forum thread... and it's people like you that give the people who enjoyed Nost a bad name. I personally never played it, but i understand their want for the game (although i believe blizzard's resources are better spent on advancing the current game) BUT that being said, hoping something sucks so other people can't enjoy it is not the answer
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Or people are sick of the Nostalrius people throwing temper tantrums and making the entire community look toxic as fuck.

Feel free to go after people lying about Kern, but you damn well better be going after Kungen and Sodapoppin for repeatedly urging his followers to brigade uninvolved WoW stream to spew their bullshit.

Toweliee has had to put his streams on sub mode more than the entirety that his channel has existed since this shit began because the legacy folk are just doing nothing but screaming at him in his chat. And he's certainly not the only victim in that regard.
    Quoted for truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I agree with that.

But a 12 year old could also raid molten core as a paladin because the only thing for him to do to be a viable hardcore raider in Vanilla was to be on time, buff people and spam the shit of one button aka flash of light.

And im not telling theory here, i know several people who were 12 at the time
    Not everything in Vanilla was sunshine and roses.

Why are people so aggressive on this matter? In particular the anti-legacy crowd?

It does not affect them in any way, shape or form... they can still play the live game, Legion is coming up, it literally does not affect them AT ALL. Why does the possibility of such a realm bring out so much hostility from them?

It's baffling at this point.

Yes, the pro-legacy crowd can also turn the rage on, no doubt, but they're the ones after the game they love, and want to experience again... the anti-legacy crowd has nothing to lose, at all?

Deleted
    Kern is a false prophet. He just uses the story for his own benefit to act as if he was the leader of a revolution.

The counter arguments are irrelevant at this point. It has become obvious to Blizzard you guys don't know what you are talking about. A blue post with no no. Mentioned talking to Nost in it, while right after stating they are listening. Then replied to Mark about a meeting to discuss Legacy servers. Lol. GL irrelevant anti-legacy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I fully expect arrests to be made. There has to be penalties or everyone would steal IPs.
    It's happened (or was set up to happen, I think) in the past, but I feel like it would be a PR nightmare for Blizzard if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    Quoted for truth
    Quoting for truth doesn't make it the truth. I've seen more fuck yous on MMO-C towards the people who want it from people who don't want it, than people who want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Nah, they'll probably get jobs.

Hell, the entire Nost thing may well have been a bit of a run at getting exactly that. It's not uncommon, especially in the gaming industry, to get your foot in the door just by being noticed somehow, even if it's by way of something "negative".
    I doubt it, what they had to do to keep Nost patched is something very niche, and is very different from what Blizzard devs do normally. I am not dissing Nost devs, they just had a hobby (and maybe some of them have skill sets that do match what Blizzard would need, but only by chance).

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I doubt it, their skill set is something very niche (what they had to do to keep Nost patched and going is something completely different from what Blizzard devs do normally).
    It doesn't help that Blizzard specifically stated to talk to them about Legacy. He is correct that they might get offered jobs........ jobs to run a Legacy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Quoting for truth doesn't make it the truth. I've seen more fuck yous on MMO-C towards the people who want it from people who don't want it, than people who want it.
    And you continue to pretend some random single person saying "This is bullshit" is the same thing as Kungen or Sodapoppin telling their large audience to brigade uninvolved WoW streams to spew their propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yeah thats not true, first of when you only doing normal content then thats not a fair compramission.

Also the Raids, even naxx btw. were designed that way that several people (there is a naxx clear with 12 people dying at the safety dancei belive) would die on progression and you could kill the boss. I want to see that in HFC Mhytic lol.

And even on normal highmaul you can not carry it on progression when one of your healer die to every call of the mountain on tectus, thats some fairy tale you talking about
    LFR would probably be a more apt comparison when talking about Molten Core other than maybe Domo and Rag. And yeah, you could down bosses with people dead back then, but you also had 40 people in your raid as opposed to 20, or 10-30. HFC Mythic isn't a fair comparison to Naxx40 either due to this, as well as other circumstances that you really just can't compare like doing Heroic beforehand and familiarizing yourself with the boss, the area, getting way better gear than you had access to at that point in both versions of the game, etc.

The counter arguments are irrelevant at this point. It has become obvious to Blizzard you guys don't know what you are talking about. A blue post with no no. Mentioned talking to Nost in it, while right after stating they are listening. Then replied to Mark about a meeting to discuss Legacy servers. Lol. GL irrelevant anti-legacy people.
    inb4 this is a PR move and no vanilla server comes.

It's far more likely the only thing they're going to do, if by some miracle it's not just a PR move, they'll consult them on Pristine server idea and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why are people so aggressive on this matter? In particular the anti-legacy crowd?

It does not affect them in any way, shape or form... they can still play the live game, Legion is coming up, it literally does not affect them AT ALL. Why does the possibility of such a realm bring out so much hostility from them?

It's baffling at this point.

Yes, the pro-legacy crowd can also turn the rage on, no doubt, but they're the ones after the game they love, and want to experience again... the anti-legacy crowd has nothing to lose, at all?
    Don't try to argue with these people. First of all, there's just no single rational reason to be against, beside "morality" behind the origin of Nostalrius. Blizzard don't care and they invited them anyway. So did they with Kern.

They want to be negative? Fine for them. I'm past that and I'm looking forward to the discussion with Nostalrius, Kern and Blizzard.

The best you can do, as an individual, is post news, tweets or anything positive related to a legacy/pristine server. Eventually, without anyone to attack, they'll either pat each other in the back or leave.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

It doesn't help that Blizzard specifically stated to talk to them about Legacy. He is correct that they might get offered jobs........ jobs to run a Legacy server.
    They'd only be relevant if Blizzard decided to run legacy servers on emulators, and I don't think this will ever happen (tons of reasons).

I guess "talking about legacy" in this case means Blizzard listening to them as to what things in vanilla seemed to be appealing to the players, what the players did, and what they think about this and this variant of pristine servers.

And you continue to pretend some random single person saying "This is bullshit" is the same thing as Kungen or Sodapoppin telling their large audience to brigade uninvolved WoW streams to spew their propaganda.
    QQ Kachoo.

QQ Kachoo.
    You sure showed me. You most definitely aren't being disingenuous (I know you like that word) as fuck and pretending me or somebody else talking about how this entire topic is bullcrap is equal to somebody with a large audience telling their followers to brigade someone.

inb4 this is a PR move and no vanilla server comes.

It's far more likely the only thing they're going to do, if by some miracle it's not just a PR move, they'll consult them on Pristine server idea and that's it.
    Well untill you have proof of this, refrain from voicing your ignorant opinion. Nothing at the moment points to this.

Anti-legacy people are hostile because it's part of WoW culture.

Someone makes a 80 page thread about balancing holy paladins in arena, citing that only 2 holy paladins are above 2400 rating, yet half the replies are non-paladins saying "learn to play." It's a bitter culture of egos and adrenaline junkies; people always on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They'd only be relevant if Blizzard decided to run legacy servers on emulators, and I don't think this will ever happen (tons of reasons).

I guess "talking about legacy" in this case means Blizzard listening to them as to what things in vanilla are appealing to the players, what the players did, and what they think about this and this variant of pristine servers.
    No, they can take bits of their work on their emu with bits of Blizzards work to make a pristine legacy server.