Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Also, which do you think is better? No Content or Old Content? I'd take the latter every day
    New content is better.

If they do legacy servers I wonder what they can do to battle addon creep. Ever notice that almost every video of a raider on Nost they have some variant of Gatherer, QuestHelper, full DBM as functional as WoD, automatic mob marking, and all the rest? Multiple guilds were clearing all of BWL in around 30 to 45 minutes. If that existed in Day 1 Vanilla I think WoW would have been a flash in the pan. People would have tunneled to 60 very quickly, figured out every quest in a matter of seconds, and then proceeded to full clear UBRS and MC in a week or two (all the addons telling you every strat, addons pointing out every single bug that exists in the game, etc.).

Then you have things like C'Thun and Four Horsemen that people just had no way to do them until a hotfix was added. Now that everyone knows this, rather than it being a mystery on how you best kill them, there is zero excitement.

If legacies are created that allow full access to all addons and every tool we have today, it will not be Vanilla but rather a dissected and lifeless process.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And you think a pristine realm will keep players playing? Will a realm without conveniences adress a lot of players? And where is the evidence it will?
    I don't think Pristine Realms will even exist unless the current population for some reason wants it. The people vocal about legacy servers have made it known we don't want pristine realms. That really only leave if the current population wants it.

If you mean a Legacy Server. I definitely think it will keep players playing. There is a lot of reasons to play. You will have people literally playing just to try and be the best guild on the server. On top of having the much needed push of patches coming out faster, it won't/shouldn't have the content doubts that actually existed during those eras. WoW has probably one of the largest pvp for this type of game. You will have players for example wanting to just come to these servers just to experience the pvp. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard added pvp competition rounds or w/e they are at their Blizzcon events for these servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Also, which do you think is better? No Content or Old Content? I'd take the latter every day
    You have old content all the time anyway, since the game expands on old content

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Appealing to the emotions rather than to logic or reason

The simple fact you have a response that is clearly sarcastic to which you then follow up with "even when I agree with you..." Which you clearly did not and then follow up with "AWWWWWW," you are working off of emotions in an attempt to get me riled up or rally more to your cause in witty banter than replying logically or reasonably.
    Still applies to my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    I would like to remind anti-legacy people that Nostalrius's model was to release one patch at a time. So if you started early you could get the now obsolete epic mounts, or take advantage of an OP talent (Spirit Bond), and check out the "new" dungeons and raids as they came out.

You pretend that it's boring and you'll max out the vanilla content in 2 days. Actually it's amazing, because it's like going back in time with a second chance, applying what you've learned, and exploring 1.0 sequentially.

Actually, we were days away from the AQ patch being released which everyone was looking forward to, and Nost was working on a future BC server which people could transfer to after Naxx if they decided.

How can you NOT think that is fun? You don't like gaming history?
    Its cool,the problem is.

Vanilla-->TBC begins,part of the community stays in Vanilla -->Wrath Begins,part stays in TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The only thing I wonder is, do you ever shut the fuck up?

Like, do your teachers in middle school have to have parent/teacher conferences for your 'talking problem"?
    Relevant to Legacy servers how?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    no actually i dont. Heroic SoO and Heroic overall in MoP was a lot easier then mhytic in WoD. Whats the problem with that? Totally worked.

They should simply more raids, with more preparation time so people dont get such easy acess, tune the difficulty down and make more raids like back then. Only beneficial for the game and atleast more then the actual modell if you ask me.

There is reason why the Raiding community shrink this expansion Much more exceptionally then the subscribtion base. And i tell you right now you can sure about one thing: If t hey crank up the difficulty more in legion, its gona shrink more.
    Then do heroic in HFC. Noone but yourself forces you do any particular difficulty. If Mythic is too hard for you, don't do it.

You want more prep time between raids? People who completed the raids would cry foul and say "content drought" while you were struggling to finish it.

zzzz though.

Also, the difficulty doesn't correlate to the time to create a raid. The time taken to create a raid goes mostly in art for the instance and tuning the encounters.

Whatever though, delusions are hard to dispel.
    Last edited by kary; 2016-04-30 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    What are your suggestions and requests for Blizzard that have an "absolute guarantee of a net positive for the WoW population"?
    Fix the current game. Follow through with promises. When you say you're going to create more content, more frequently, actually do it instead of leaving us in another 14 month content drought. Reduce the number of raid difficulties. Make gear feel significant again. (And before you say, "BUT VANILLA DID THAT"... grinding an entire resist set and spending eons waiting for shit to spawn is hardly my idea of a great time.)

A lot of these things are being worked on in Legion. I don't think Blizzard's word is gospel but I'm open minded enough to at least give it a chance. (I was a bit ticked off about Order Halls seeming to be echelons of Garrisons but I'll put that grievance aside until after I've played the game.) I personally play the game to raid and the raid content in WoD was about its only saving grace. The fact that they're sticking to the same model in Legion will likely keep me subbed at least through the end of the next tier. But I understand people play for different reasons... I personally do not feel the amount of development time necessary to upkeep a Legacy realm would offset its potential interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    If they do legacy servers I wonder what they can do to battle addon creep. Ever notice that almost every video of a raider on Nost they have some variant of Gatherer, QuestHelper, full DBM as functional as WoD, automatic mob marking, and all the rest? If that existed in Day 1 Vanilla I think WoW would have been a flash in the pan. People would have tunneled to 60 very quickly, figured out every quest in a matter of seconds, and then proceeded to full clear UBRS and MC in a week or two (all the addons telling you every strat, addons pointing out every single bug that exists in the game, etc.).

Then you have things like C'Thun and Four Horsemen that people just had no way to do them until a hotfix was added. Now that everyone knows this, rather than it being a mystery on how you best kill them, there is zero excitement.

If legacies are created that allow full access to all addons and every tool we have today, it will not be Vanilla but rather a dissected and lifeless process.
    Add-on creep is hardly a concerning factor for making Legacy servers. That's something Blizzard has been extremely hands-off on, except to tweak the API to prevent "chatty" add ons that create lag, or enable cheating.

Deleted
    oh my god... i saw your past posts.. and i have to say.. you are dumb idiot......... please guys dont listen this troll... hes spamming forums, reddit, twitter..... please just ban him this idiot

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-30 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Relevant to Legacy servers how?

So, the answer is, you never shut the fuck up. Noted.

And, you're not worth an infraction, so I'll defer from continuing to mock you.

Appealing to the emotions rather than to logic or reason

The simple fact you have a response that is clearly sarcastic to which you then follow up with "even when I agree with you..." Which you clearly did not and then follow up with "AWWWWWW," you are working off of emotions in an attempt to get me riled up or rally more to your cause in witty banter than replying logically or reasonably.
    I feel like you missed this Eli,, so just in case I wanted to repost it for you.

Anyone who thinks that anythng but a small minority of players interested in vanilla ever played on Nostalrius are deluding themselves. The number of interested players is obviously vastly bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Leveling 1-60 was character progression.

As for vanilla end game, you needed to farm the correct resist gear to take on the next challenge.

Progression was:
    Get to level 60
    Farm 5-mans to get a decent blue set.
    Farm fire resist gear to into MC.
    Farm MC to get into BWL.
    Farm BWL and nature resist gear to get into AQ40.
    Farm AQ40 and front resist gear to get into Naxx40.

Outside of 40 man raids, there were 20 man raids for people that wanted to go down that path instead.

That was lot of progression.
    The biggest kicker is you can't skip steps unless a guild was willing to carry. The game didn't really let you just skip raid tiers like its done for a while. Started in wrath and its gotten worse since. Not sure why blizz sets themselves up like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And you think a pristine realm will keep players playing? Will a realm without conveniences adress a lot of players? And where is the evidence it will?
    oh my god... i saw your past posts.. and i have to say.. you are dumb idiot......... please guys dont listen this troll... hes spamming forums, reddit, twitter..... please just ban this idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    So, the answer is, you never shut the fuck up. Noted.

And, you're not worth an infraction, so I'll defer from continuing to mock you.
    Good to know you can only tell people to shut the fuck up as your evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like you missed this Eli,, so just in case I wanted to repost it for you.
    Not really. You told me my proof isn't proof. So I told you all these things must not exist. So does it exist or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Learn to read better, i am talking about the overall game and about the numbers, not about my personal satifisctation. The results of 4 difficulties and more harder raids are less raiders, simply a fact which is not arguable
    But LFR has a higher participation % than any other sort of raid, and that's a direct result of several difficulties.

Maybe if you would actually make your point readable instead of implied. Granted you aren't doing a good job implying either but whatever.

Deleted
    If you mean a Legacy Server. I definitely think it will keep players playing. There is a lot of reasons to play. You will have people literally playing just to try and be the best guild on the server.
    I think you overestime the wish of many players to be the best and to play a MMORPG for competition. Thats actually only the truth for a small minority.

WoW has probably one of the largest pvp for this type of game. You will have players for example wanting to just come to these servers just to experience the pvp.
    Well, if i remember right, classic PVP was highly imbalanced, and just a matter of time investment. A friend of mine became GM just by sitting in a tower in Alterac 13 hours a day.

And Shadowpriests as like enhancement shamans were op in the pvp implementation of the old days. Then lets talk about bugs like wall jumping. And the fact that reputation grinds really were grinds.. just remember killing all those furbolgs for the agi enchants.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard added pvp competition rounds or w/e they are at their Blizzcon events for these servers.
    Competition rounds for classic PVP which mainly was based on achieving title and gear by time investement? That would be at least.. interesting. "Please stay tuned for the next 13 hours until Grummels the paladin become grand marshal! Watch him defending the tower in alterac against all that evil low equipped rogues!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    Anyone who thinks that anythng but a small minority of players interested in vanilla ever played on Nostalrius are deluding themselves. The number of interested players is obviously vastly bigger than that.
    Obviously. Hence all the posts about other private servers doing the same thing and people on those. There's even people who've never played on a private server and still play WoW that are interested in it. There's very few who argue that.