Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Nicely put. And then they keep posting how unreasonable everyone else is while adding nothing to the conversation.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head. "I don't care about any of this or any of you" "/popcorn" RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

Still not willing to pay for content I've already cleared a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd say he's the better person here, really, since it'd PROBABLY be more about making the handicapped girl feel good about HERself. I volounteered with handicapped children at a riding school for a summer, and there was a LOT of praise given for things that us experienced and fully functional people viewed as trivial.

But hey, fuck inclusion ESPECIALLY in such serious matters as games!!
    Yea, at this point it's gone from trying to have a discussion to back to the early 60s where less fortunate people should be laughed at and not helped. I'll come back when there's some actual discussion again instead of just people trying to insult others to get their point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Ghostcrawler's rant was not wrong. Nothing he said was incorrect. These were just overly vocal and entitled. It coincided with a sub loss for many other reasons and Blizzard simply did the easiest thing and that was make shit easier. It didn't resolve the sub loss. Subs didn't fix themselves until Pandas hit.
    His blog was completely wrong and showed how truly anti-inclusion the guy (and the eiltists that support him) are. But, that's a discussion for another thread and a long time ago.

I'm not going to claim that the game is all perfume and roses now, because it isn't. Blizzard laid an egg with WoD, though Legion is looking quite promising.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    which has the client source so it can easy be implemented into bnet, converted to 64bit, etc?....
    That's a good joke. Vanilla can't even make use of enough memory to need to be converted to 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Yea, at this point it's gone from trying to have a discussion to back to the early 60s where less fortunate people should be laughed at and not helped. I'll come back when there's some actual discussion again instead of just people trying to insult others to get their point across.
    You won't get that much with the legacy crowd. They've already gone back to insulting posters and trying to derail the conversation. It's best to simply report their posts for infractions and take what you can from it.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd say he's the better person here, really, since it'd PROBABLY be more about making the handicapped girl feel good about HERself. I volounteered with handicapped children at a riding school for a summer, and there was a LOT of praise given for things that us experienced and fully functional people viewed as trivial.

But hey, fuck inclusion ESPECIALLY in such serious matters as games!!
    And I see that kind of inclusion as insulting to her and everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Doing normal is way slower than LFR, and if you're still gearing up you're going to have a hard time getting in groups. LFR is just much much more rewarding until you finish the legendary. Since both are easy watered down versions that I don't find fun I'm gonna do the more efficient one.

And if everyone did what you said and ignored LFR, they'd improve LFR's rewards until it was impossible to ignore it, because LFR falls apart without players like me carrying the load.
    How is LFR more rewarding? No tier/class trinkets, shitty gear.
    I have 2 alts on the final part of the ring quest and I don't think I'd ever finish it because I won't do LFR and I couldn't be bothered to pug normal. I could go do it on heroic with some of my friends, but I hate doing low dps and being carried. Woe is me

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And I see that kind of inclusion as insulting to her and everyone involved.
    There are different grades of handicapp, the people that are given praise and encouragement for simple things (to others) are PROBABLY the ones that flourish from it.

My cousin is handicapped in that she lacks a chromosome, she loves getting praise and positive attention yet can't perform at the same level of other children. She's given simpler task, but no less praise.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-02 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    as nice as legacy sounds and to have Windfury able to Proc off itself again
    Windfury proccing off of itself was pretty uncommon. Also, if you think Windfury is the most overpowered thing in vanilla...top kek m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    once people progress to nax how long until that burns out?
    Vanilla is not WoD. In Vanilla, you cannot hit level 60 and be raiding naxx in 1 week. Vanilla actually requires time and effort to progress through the raid tiers. Hell, just getting to 60 in the first place can take 2-3 months, unless you play 4 or 5 hours every day.

On Nostalrius, there were lots of guilds at different levels of progression, and that was with just MC and BWL released.

And on the current WOTLK server I'm playing right now, it's only up to ToC, and there's still lots of people spamming global chat with "LFG naxx" and such.

As long as new players are continuously coming to the server, there will never be any majority "burnout".
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-05-01 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    His blog was completely wrong and showed how truly anti-inclusion the guy (and the eiltists that support him) are. But, that's a discussion for another thread and a long time ago.

I'm not going to claim that the game is all perfume and roses now, because it isn't. Blizzard laid an egg with WoD, though Legion is looking quite promising.
    Blizzard laid an egg with Cata, MoP and WoD. Subs have been in the toilet for years and years now. Ghostcrawler is not an elitist. His attitude is that of somebody who understands what an actual MMO is and how progression is supposed to work. You don't have to like it, but he's not wrong. Just like I don't like that I can get capped in under 2 days played and completely bypass all content until current tier.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    man this guy makes a statement about fully functional people and handicapped people as if they are a homogentic mass to make his argument for lfr work
    I'm fully aware that handicapped people aren't a homogentic mass, YOU are the one who seems to need it spelled out for you.
    The handicapped children I volounteered for, had mental handicapps as well as physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Blizzard laid an egg with Cata, MoP and WoD. Subs have been in the toilet for years and years now. Ghostcrawler is not an elitist. His attitude is that of somebody who understands what an actual MMO is and how progression is supposed to work. You don't have to like it, but he's not wrong. Just like I don't like that I can get capped in under 2 days played and completely bypass all content until current tier.
    Eh, my headcanon has the previous threat being vanquished upon a new patch. How am I supposed to go back and kill blackhand when according to the lore of the patch, he's dead already?

AM I FIGHTING HIS GHOST?

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler thinks that the aspiring players should be the focus of a MMORPG. Yes, that is infact elitist.

The problem is he shares this opinion with many of the current WoW devs.

Just imagine the typical "remove LFR" crier.. some of the devs are exactly like them.

I thin they are a humgenous amont of people who want to play a moba but playing wow for some reason.

I hope LoL introduce transmogs maybe then the people are gonna away

keep building strawmens and reaching, maybe at the end they are some subs you can donate blizzard.
    Nothing a bit more intelligent to contribute with? Figures. ^^
    During MoP when there was good content and LFR was interesting in many ways, subs weren't "tanking". 14 months of a final patch actually had pretty damned good retention power then. Removing the only content that interest them from a huge chunk of people wouldn't help the sub numbers, stop pretending otherwise.

what for ? you ignored 3/4 of my posts in the previous pages. You get the threatment you deserve, sry no lfr modus.

If you gonna only pick up posts that you want why i should reward you with intelligence? earn it
    You're not important enough to ignore, I'm willing to bet it's more a case of I missed them in all the rest of the whine of "less content and more exclusion will be good for the game durr!!" nature.

I don't crave your kind of "intelligence" at that. I'm for inclusion, more content, more options and more players feeling they have a place in my game. Not less. And LFR's existance, means they can justify spending more resources on the thing I love, raids, since it'll be seen by so many across the lower difficulties. I'll take that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> knowing that I'm part of a 1% that gets to see the inside of raids, period.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-01 at 08:59 PM.

And then we have you where the focus of the rpg should be solo content and lfr

i take 10 ghostcrawlers over you thanks
    The focus should be the majority, not the vocal minority.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

the focus should be whats best for the game. The current modell isnt, simple as that
    It isn't "as simple as that." 5.4 is widely considered to be one of the best patches to ever be released, if anything we should go back to that and we are.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

But your dumb enough to laugh about and whiny about doging arguments that you can not counter, i give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

the focus should be whats best for the game. The current modell isnt, simple as that
    The model didn't tank until WoD, when they gave us LESS content than ever, not more, and raiding (with LFR included) being the only thing for people. Now imagine if a huge chunk hadn't even had access to LFR.

Your "model" would go down the same road as Wildstar. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    It isn't "as simple as that." 5.4 is widely considered to be one of the best patches to ever be released, if anything we should go back to that and we are.
    Or 5.2. Holy balls, I loved that patch.

I think the funniest thing is all the "unsubbed" people who are/were playing on Vanilla servers that think Blizzard are going to cater to them immediately so they what, sub? They obviously don't need your sub if you're not interested in the products they're working on currently/for the future lol. Even if every single person on the petition wasn't a current sub and honestly subbed to just a Vanilla server, that's what 250k? Compared to the ~10 million Legion will have when it spikes. Good luck with that lol.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.