Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Yeah, and they will come back, stay for a while, loose interest and go offline again.

All this nonsense about legacy realm is mind cringing. Why people believe they will play Vanilla again for more than 1 year is beyond me. It will become abandonware very fast after 1st year. But before going down, people will start having demands to Blizz like:
    - add this or that feature (picky) from live to legacy (every class will demand something, even the smallest thing)
    - maybe add dk's/monks/whatnot? this for sure will pop as soon as Blizz will announce legacy servers (if ever)

If I were blizz and I was considering to introduce this, I would make all these petition signers pay 3 years subscription in advance and only after 250k people pay up I would start taking action. And also no requests to implement features from live to legacy!

- - - Updated - - -

Would you pay at least 3 years in advance the subscription for this?
    totally agree. But there is no point to write it here. Braindead people, who think they are going to play it long enough for blizz to consider this option profitable is too damn high.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I were blizz and I was considering to introduce this, I would make all these petition signers pay 3 years subscription in advance and only after 250k people pay up I would start taking action. And also no requests to implement features from live to legacy!
    That's a bit pointless really, they know the demand is there and the costs are minimal so the isn't really any chance they could lose money on it. I.E right now the are people (millions of them) playing on live despite the fact the expansion has basically been done and dusted since around Xmas, many of these people like WoW but have nothing to do so would jump at the chance for Vanilla, likewise millions of people who played Vanilla quit in WoD because they didn't like the direction/design of the expansion and many of these would jump at the chance fr a Vanilla server.

I think Everztar's post should win, and possibly end, this thread. I also think someone should take that post and post it on the official wow forums for blizzard to see. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! NICE POST

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lastRaven587 View Post
    I think Everztar's post should win, and possibly end, this thread. I also think someone should take that post and post it on the official wow forums for blizzard to see. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! NICE POST
    You will run out of space in 1 post. Silly post limit on their forums.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and they will come back, stay for a while, loose interest and go offline again.
    Sounds like WoD to me. Oh wait, it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *sigh* This is why these debates about Vanilla vs later editions of WoW are pointless. You aren't being honest with us or yourself.
    You mean, debates are pointless because other might not share youre opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That's a bit pointless really, they know the demand is there and the costs are minimal so the isn't really any chance they could lose money on it. I.E right now the are people (millions of them) playing on live despite the fact the expansion has basically been done and dusted since around Xmas, many of these people like WoW but have nothing to do so would jump at the chance for Vanilla, likewise millions of people who played Vanilla quit in WoD because they didn't like the direction/design of the expansion and many of these would jump at the chance fr a Vanilla server.
    From Xmas to now there ar like... 4 months?
    Vanalla was consumed for how long? An I endulged adding 1 extra year. Add fucking 2 more of the same Vanilla content. In 2 years after they release it (if they ever), that realm will be a ghost town. People can't play live for 2 years without bitching about "not enough content"...

I don't consider it pointless. I want all those 250k signers to put their money where they have put their signatures and only then send the package to Blizz.
    All arguments about legacy maintainince costs are just speculation. Blizz cannot operate like private servers. People do not react the same to bugs. It's going to be a constant push to put more and more resources into it, same way people ar pushing for the servers to be created.

Deleted
    Maybe Blizzard should do a vanilla kickstarter project, to make sure the interest is at a level to make it profitable for them.

Vanalla was consumed for how long? An I endulged adding 1 extra year. Add fucking 2 more of the same Vanilla content. In 2 years after they release it (if they ever), that realm will be a ghost town. People can't play live for 2 years without bitching about "not enough content"...

I don't consider it pointless. I want all those 250k signers to put their money where they have put their signatures and only then send the package to Blizz.
    All arguments about legacy maintainince costs are just speculation. Blizz cannot operate like private servers. People do not react the same to bugs. It's going to be a constant push to put more and more resources into it, same way people ar pushing for the servers to be created.
    WOD content is consumed in 1 month and then there is nothing left besides pet battles, achievements, mount collecting. If you think people will be done playing vanilla in less then a year i think you are in for quite a shock.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the population wasn't even 60 after 6months. Even if you brute force it to 60 its still a 2 week journey.

Most guilds wont even clear a raid instance before the next one is released.

the AQ war effort itself will likely last longer then any WOD patch has.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should do a vanilla kickstarter project, to make sure the interest is at a level to make it profitable for them.
    Go for it i say, I would pledge a year with little thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    How many people have you seen post anything like "I've tried Nost and it sucked?" lol.... be honest Kary. And only *some* encounters are better designed and tuned, the fact is most players have to go through that LFR shit for a looonnnggg time before getting to the fun stuff. Vanilla had awesome fights too, they just weren't in that first tier of raiding.

As for every class/spec being viable, that's brought along problems with it. Namely class homogenization and classes that never have to worry about resources. That being said, if you tried hard enough, every spec could be used in a raid. For example prot paladin's have tanked patchwerk, and elemental shammies have said of the best burst in Naxx. A properly geared moonkin could outdps hunters.
    Comeon you don't have to do any lfr to raid. I despise lfr and when they removed the set from it I said Fcking finally I don't have to do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    Go for it i say, I would pledge a year with little thought.
    So would I.

you guys are acting like blizzard has to hurt themselves and make a HUGE sacrifice just to offer these servers.. they don't have to do jack fucking shit. If 3 guys in college manage to get a server with 15k+ people online going how come its impossible for ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD to do so xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    you guys are acting like blizzard has to hurt themselves and make a HUGE sacrifice just to offer these servers.. they don't have to do jack fucking shit. If 3 guys in college manage to get a server with 15k+ people online going how come its impossible for ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD to do so xD
    The thing is, they can't just launch a couple of retro servers and call it a day. They would essentially have to manage another full-fledged triple A MMO, meaning they would have to provide active support, both in and outside the game. Additional GM's would be need to be hired, bugs would have to get fixed... things simply become a lot more complicated once you slap the word 'official' on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post
    The thing is, they can't just launch a couple of retro servers and call it a day. They would essentially have to manage another full-fledged triple A MMO, meaning they would have to provide active support, both in and outside the game. Additional GM's would be need to be hired, bugs would have to get fixed... things simply become a lot more complicated once you slap the word 'official' on it.
    These things have very little effect on retail development, Most of the dev time is consumed by game design, art assets, voice active, quest scripting etc. etc.

the people that do these likely have no involvement in managing servers or providing GM support to in game players.

While i don't think its a simple flick of a switch, I do however think it would have an extremely minor impact on other projects.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanalla was consumed for how long?
    From the last major content patch of Vanilla (1.11.0, Shadow of the Necropolis) to the next expansion's pre-patch (2.0.1, Before the Storm) was just under 6 months, then it was another month until the expansion went live (2.0.3, The Burning Crusade).

By comparison the last major patch of WoD (6.2.0, Fury of Hellfire) launched 10 months ago and we still haven't had the next expansion's pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys are acting like blizzard has to hurt themselves and make a HUGE sacrifice just to offer these servers.. they don't have to do jack ****ing shit. If 3 guys in college manage to get a server with 15k+ people online going how come its impossible for ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD to do so xD
    This pretty much, this isn't a massive effort on their part, it's the same code they were running in 2006, they could make a virtual machine from one of the pre-TBC backups and run it on an i7 Laptop in their server room lol.

Not hurt but is no simple task either,just a example of the work they would do,currently WoW is avaliable over nine or more languages.One less,eight languages left that Acti-Blizz need to translate before a Vanilla WoW server is realese to the public and work properly with the retail version.

Im not a game designer yet nor i work for Blizzard so i don't know if its ACTUALLY hard or not to do these servers.One thing i saw on various Private servers is that no one has two versions of the game runing at the same time on the same server.Its always two diferent servers.

It will not have a impact on the retail version but i think is better move foward than just live in a vanilla bubble.

Besides...have anyone though that the game was hard because you're a noob?Is no shame to admit everyone was a noob at some point.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-05-03 at 12:00 PM.

I get the feeling you drop into the thread every couple of days to post stupid questions that have been answered several times already, then disappear before reading any of the answers to come back a few days later and ask the same dumb, stupid questions.

Pretty sure there's a term for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    *** snip huge post***
    Amen
    I don't agree with all of your points, but i can tell it came from the hearth

And for what it matters, i think many classic players feel the same as you.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    And three guys managed to turn a car into semi-functional hovercraft or boat (and cross La Manche strait). Why doesn't some car company produce it already? They don't have to do "jack fucking shit", just turn on the assembly lines...

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I get the feeling you drop into the thread every couple of days to post stupid questions that have been answered several times already, then disappear before reading any of the answers to come back a few days later and ask the same dumb, stupid questions.

Pretty sure there's a term for that.
    what term are you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    CMs and Mythic 5 mans harder than vanilla? lol
    You realize people just AoE the mobs down in those dungeons just like on heroic difficulty right? Healers just heal through it.
    LOL vanilla dungeons were bigger, but they certainly weren't harder. But to a new set of people trying to learn buggy broken classes I suppose it could appear difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps