Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    More MMOs were out when WoW game out. Your only argument that players are more demanding is time. Trying to redicule my thought process doesn't make yours anymore valid, nay, even a counter argument.

All the different MMOs that existed before WoW, and this could have some even missing since it was just a quick Wikipedia link.

No MMOs existed except 2 other MMOs. rofl.
    You missed Neverwinter Knights on AOL! Back when AOL was pay by the hour that game got me into trouble with my parents =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    You missed Neverwinter Knights on AOL! Back when AOL was pay by the hour that game got me into trouble with my parents =P
    I apologize for anything missed. I did just copy and paste. One reason I pointed out some could have been missed.

Also, I'm sorry you had AOL. Never personally experienced, but as a kid I had friends who did and I hated being on the internet at their house. We use to go in the backyard with those AOL CDs that got sent to you in the mail and throw them over the house and laugh for some reason when we heard them hit the street. Kids will be kids I guess and laugh at dumb stuff..... LOL
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-05-04 at 04:30 AM.

All the MMO's up to 2011. You can deduce there was definitely other MMOs that existed before Cata.
    Nice work, can we get a corrected list of MMORPG's that are in the same vicinity of WoW: design, style, questing, structure, playstyle? I know you responded in the very literal sense of every style of MMO (anything multiplayer that for its day counted as massive), but I think it's clear he was specifically talking about MMORPGs in the vein of WoW/Everquest/Guild Wars/Runescape.

I apologize for anything missed. I did just copy and paste. One reason I pointed out some could of been missed.

Also, I'm sorry you had AOL. Never personally experienced, but as a kid has friends who did and I hated being on the internet at their house. We use to go in the backyard with those AOL CDs that got sent to you in the mail and throw them over the house and laugh for some reason when we heard them hit the street. Kids will be kids I guess and laugh at dumb stuff..... LOL
    LOL yeah I remember those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Lol, you have it backwards. Vanilla is the Super Mega Candy Crush Blitz Mode. Vanilla WoW was so much more difficult than today's iteration. Hit rating was important, spirit, mp5, Defense, etc.

But I understand your comparison you were getting at.

If they (Blizz or Nostralius) were to open an official (or officially supported) vanilla server, I'd revisit the past. No doubt about that.
    I was saying more that vanilla was fairly basic without all the extra bells and whistles and extra pay options and facebook/twitter/whatever tacked on. Sometimes I enjoy playing a game, and not playing social media funhouse game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm afraid I don't get your point. You're not even responding to what I said.
    Blizzard "may" have a legal right. But why do game players concern themselves with legal rights? I'd rather play games. Fun games. Won't you rather have fun than to drivel on forums about "fun". When the game isn't fun, that's when it turns to forum arguments.

I'm not picking on you at all. I'm on this forum because I lack a fun game to play. Why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Blizzard "may" have a legal right. But why do game players concern themselves with legal rights? I'd rather play games. Fun games. Won't you rather have fun than to drivel on forums about "fun". When the game isn't fun, that's when it turns to forum arguments.

I'm not picking on you at all. I'm on this forum because I lack a fun game to play. Why are you here?
    If your 1 idea of a fun game is vanilla WoW it might be time to take up a different hobby. Not saying it's bad you enjoy it, but there's a plethora of fun games in the world. Having fun is one thing, but if having fun is against the law or impeding on another person, property, or thing's basic rights and liberties or civil rights then I wouldn't do it, with the exception of potentially saving another's life.
    Some people might want to batter the crap out of your mom for fun, but why should they concern themselves with the law or any legal rights? They just want to have fun, right?
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-05-04 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If your 1 idea of a fun game is vanilla WoW it might be time to take up a different hobby. Not saying it's bad you enjoy it, but there's a plethora of fun games in the world. Having fun is one thing, but if having fun is against the law or impeding on another person, property, or thing's basic rights and liberties or civil rights then I wouldn't do it, with the exception of potentially saving another's life.
    Some people might want to batter the crap out of your mom for fun, but why should they concern themselves with the law or any legal rights? They just want to have fun, right?
    I enjoy the world of Azeroth, as do many Legacy fans. Telling them to play another game is like telling them to eat lead, toxins, and/or some random Chinese manufactured product.

I don't even know what to say [red]

I own the vanilla box. I could not care less about legal mumbojumbo. I own the game. I'll play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I own the vanilla box. I could not care less about legal mumbojumbo. I own the game. I'll play the game.
    Not legally, but good luck with that mentality. Actually, let me rephrase, you own the game, so feel free to play retail in its current, true form, which is where we are right now. If you HAVE to play vanilla, I hope you have fun playing a knock off, illegal version that can get shut down at a moments notice from getting too much attention.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy the world of Azeroth, as do many Legacy fans. Telling them to play another game is like telling them to eat lead, toxins, and/or some random Chinese manufactured product.

I don't even know what to say [red]
    Was this an attempt of 1 over dramatic analogy countered by another or do you strongly feel that someone telling you to find another game that is just as fun for you as vanilla WoW is the equivalent of someone telling you to get brain damage, go die, or get sleepy from MSG?
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-05-04 at 05:55 AM.

Not legally, but good luck with that mentality. Actually, let me rephrase, you own the game, so feel free to play retail in its current, true form, which is where we are right now. If you HAVE to play vanilla, I hope you have fun playing a knock off, illegal version that can get shut down at a moments notice from getting too much attention.
    It can get shut down once a month and It'd still offer more than retail.

If only that's how that worked, but oh well, not point complaining about it now.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It can get shut down once a month and It'd still offer more than retail.
    Well of course it would, you'd be in an infinite loop of leveling. Sounds amazing. If that's your thing man have fun with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    More MMOs were out when WoW game out. Your only argument that players are more demanding is time. Trying to redicule my thought process doesn't make yours anymore valid, nay, even a counter argument.

All the different MMOs that existed before WoW, and this could have some even missing since it was just a quick Wikipedia link.

No MMOs existed except 2 other MMOs. rofl.
    Some really cool games on that list that were a blast to play
    yes i know, SHOCKING, WoW was not the first MMO for everybody
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Was this an attempt of 1 over dramatic analogy countered by another or do you strongly feel that someone telling you to find another game that is just as fun for you as vanilla WoW is the equivalent of someone telling you to get brain damage, go die, or get sleepy from MSG?
    Heavily run-on sentence. I need you to rewrite this, as in it's current form, it has multiple meanings.

Grammar and punctuation (and proper education) are keys to success / communication, remember this! Thanks.

Well of course it would, you'd be in an infinite loop of leveling. Sounds amazing. If that's your thing man have fun with it.
    Better than an infinite loop of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    LOL you don't understand at all. WoW.

This is exponential growth.

Growth had gone down. The 2nd column in the below table is the growth.
    1-8 is Vanilla
    9-15 is TBC
    16-23 is Wrath
    24+ cata...maybe mop only did 30 quarters worth.
    Quater Change in subs (Growth) Total Subs
    1 1.5 1.5
    2 2 3.5
    3 0.5 4
    4 1.5 5.5
    5 0.5 6
    6 0.5 6.5
    7 0.5 7
    8 1 8
    9 0.5 8.5
    10 0.5 9
    11 0.3 9.3
    12 0.7 10
    13 0.7 10.7
    14 0.2 10.9
    15 0.1 11
    16 0.5 11.5
    17 0 11.5
    18 0 11.5
    19 0 11.5
    20 0 11.5
    21 0 11.5
    22 0 11.5
    23 0.5 12
    24 0 12
    25 -0.6 11.4
    26 -0.3 11.1
    27 -0.8 10.3
    28 -0.1 10.2
    29 0 10.2
    30 -1.1 9.1
    You mean growth had slowed down right?
    Yeah sure - but you wanting to link that to the age of the game holds no more weight than me saying it was the removal of exclusive 25 man raid rewards. Or including catch up mechanics like LK patch did.
    Hell I could point out anything I wanted and it would hold the same weight as a "game got old" argument.

Except 1 thing against you was the resurge of subs during the start of WoD. It clearly captured something in the market - doubt it was a fluke.

Market ain't dead, they just fucking up the content so the market left them

At this point, this thread and that concept seem to share much in common.

Heavily run-on sentence. I need you to rewrite this, as in it's current form, it has multiple meanings.

Grammar and punctuation (and proper education) are keys to success / communication, remember this! Thanks.
    Well, run on question if you really feel a need to correct me. Wait, is there such a thing? Not sure. How about you correct that for me since you know the correct way that question should be structured?

- - - Updated - - -

If you feel that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Windfury proccing off of itself was pretty uncommon. Also, if you think Windfury is the most overpowered thing in vanilla...top kek m8.

Vanilla is not WoD. In Vanilla, you cannot hit level 60 and be raiding naxx in 1 week. Vanilla actually requires time and effort to progress through the raid tiers. Hell, just getting to 60 in the first place can take 2-3 months, unless you play 4 or 5 hours every day.

On Nostalrius, there were lots of guilds at different levels of progression, and that was with just MC and BWL released.

And on the current WOTLK server I'm playing right now, it's only up to ToC, and there's still lots of people spamming global chat with "LFG naxx" and such.

As long as new players are continuously coming to the server, there will never be any majority "burnout".
    well didn't think it was the most overpowered i just found it fun when it happened. Mowed Through a T2 pally that tried to gank me once
    and well ya i wasn't saying it would take only a week. was saying some time in the future i remember how long it took to level. been playing since 3/13/2006 myself =P
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream