Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Okay, were they arrested? Indited? Brought into court? Served time?
    The case is not over yet.

Was the version of WoW running available to the public?
    Even if it wasnt, thats no reason trying to steal it.

You can run around and call people names all you want. It doesn't make it true, because none of the factors to make it true ever happened.
    Sure the factors that make it true happened. They still did copyright infringements no matter if blizzard sues them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The case is not over yet.
    There is no case, it was a C&D letter and they complied. Any legal action ended there.

Even if it wasnt, thats no reason trying to steal it.
    That's the thing, it's not. And you can't steal or pirate something that doesn't exist. The only factor at play, per Blizzard themselves, is the IP.

Sure the factors that make it true happened. They still did copyright infringements no matter if blizzard sues them.
    All factors and actions are here-say until proven in a court of law. Western society has this neat thing called "innocent until proven guilty" look it up sometime, it's pretty cool.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Deleted
    There is no case, it was a C&D letter and they complied. Any legal action ended there.
    No, currently blizzard still could sue them. And the FBI still could try to get them.

That's the thing, it's not. And you can't steal or pirate something that doesn't exist.
    The game exists. Your ignorance doesnt change that. The damage dealt by Kern and Nost exists. Also, your ignorance doesnt change that as well.

All factors and actions are here-say until proven in a court of law. Western society has this neat thing called "innocent until proven guilty" look it up sometime, it's pretty cool.
    I hope blizzard will not put them to court but just ignore them. Both kern and Nostralgius. And you should hope and pray to your legacy realm gods that Nost does not get the idea to setup another private realm..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Lol an indi studio team? Oh yeah that is a good one. Totally stole the art assets, framework for the game, classes, lore, etc. Don't compare them to an indie studio who does the actual work, thanks.
    No you're totally right, I meant more of the passion and level of commitment than anything else.

A lot of stuff on Green Light and some other sites have questionable art assets too, framework, etc too. Digital Homicide comes to mind.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I'd link a website that guides you through how to make your own private server, but I'd get banned. Again. It's not hard.
    What is sarcasm?
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Don't even respond to Rym and his anti-vanilla crusade. He has actually been on twitter trolling Mark Kern as well. He is a class A troll who is trying to use the internet to single handely control both Blizzard and the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Don't even respond to Rym and his anti-vanilla crusade. He has actually been on twitter trolling Mark Kern as well. He is a class A troll who is trying to use the internet to single handely control both Blizzard and the WoW community.
    Doesn't this also go to Kern and the Nost guys using it he Internet and Twitter for their pro vanilla campaign? Not to mention everyone who is using Twitter talking about this issue, both pro and other?

So what was the announcment they said was coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So what was the announcment they said was coming?
    About that meeting? Haven't heard anything about that yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, currently blizzard still could sue them. And the FBI still could try to get them.

The game exists. Your ignorance doesnt change that. The damage dealt by Kern and Nost exists. Also, your ignorance doesnt change that as well.

I hope blizzard will not put them to court but just ignore them. Both kern and Nostralgius. And you should hope and pray to your legacy realm gods that Nost does not get the idea to setup another private realm..
    Internet tough guy.

Also they are having an in person meeting. I doubt they need to involve the "FBI" lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Doesn't this also go to Kern and the Nost guys using it he Internet and Twitter for their pro vanilla campaign? Not to mention everyone who is using Twitter talking about this issue, both pro and other?
    There are legit points and counterpoints from each side and some are presenting them, then there are the assholes on each side who are either trolling or becoming extremist for no reason.

Happens with every debate.

Just stop talking to Rym. No coherent thoughts that make no logical sense claiming what he says as facts. Not worth the time. Matter of fact. People like Eapoe aren't either. Just put on ignore and you can have all their posts ignored and actually have real discussions not based off fallacies or around the Realm of comments like "just start your own company"

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The Czech Republic is a member of WIPO and a signatory of all of the copyright treaties, and is in full standing with the rest of the world as a country that upholds copyrights and the Berne convention. They're also members of the EU, which has it's own rules and laws enforcing copyright in that country.

What part of that makes you think that they're "not known for it's interest in upholding International copyright law"? Do you have any actual case law that shows this? Any cites?

There's an urban myth floating around this thread that certain countries are "copyright infringement havens", which has not been proven, is untested in court, and based on "I hope", and not facts.
    I clarified my stance in the post after that one. I realize I painted a fairly broad stroke of the Czech Republic and I apologize for that. That said, it's no huge secret that many of the displaced Nost players are on these servers right now so I only have to wonder if Blizzard hasn't already sent them a C&D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Also they are having an in person meeting. I doubt they need to involve the "FBI" lol....
    Yes, they will have tea and cookies with Mr. Morhaime. As he wants to personally thank the Nostralgius guys to hype the community against Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Just stop talking to Rym. No coherent thoughts that make no logical sense claiming what he says as facts. Not worth the time. Matter of fact. People like Eapoe aren't either. Just put on ignore and you can have all their posts ignored and actually have real discussions not based off fallacies or around the Realm of comments like "just start your own company"
    At the end you would like to include anyone who has a controversial opinion about the Nostralgius debacle into your list. But sorry, i think the hype is not really healthy, as there are some myths which need to be debunked.

Deleted
    listen to this music, see the summons of the native americans, and give them all the home they have longed for for so long, FOR THE HORDE, for vanilla wow, for blizzard

join us , ally with us, for the horde, for blizzard, and for the glory of world of warcraft!

FOR VANILLA WOW

I will fight this battle until the day i die, and only when people see the truth of the matter is the day they will understand why we have battled in the fist place.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-05-07 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    listen to this music, see the summons of the native americans, and give them all the home they have longed for for so long, FOR THE HORDE, for vanilla wow, for blizzard

join us , ally with us, for the horde, for blizzard, and for the glory of world of warcraft!

FOR VANILLA WOW

I will fight this battle until the day i die, and only when people see the truth of the matter is the day they will understand why we have battled in the fist place.
    Sigh guess you got unbanned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sigh guess you got unbanned again.
    Jesus Christ. Just shoot me would ya? I don't think I can take any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Jesus Christ. Just shoot me would ya? I don't think I can take any more.
    I wouldn't mind it if he was actually constructive instead of crazy crusader. Posting stupid crap like some 3 hour video and well just read the post. It's batcrap crusader mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if he was actually constructive instead of crazy crusader. Posting stupid crap like some 3 hour video and well just read the post. It's batcrap crusader mode.
    He's the kind of guy that'd stand in line for 20 hours to take a picture of himself on Mark Kern's lap.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    He's the kind of guy that'd stand in line for 20 hours to take a picture of himself on Mark Kern's lap.
    now that is a creepy thought. What about just a seat on the Super Bus?