Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Perhaps the example I used wasn't the best but I was looking at this more from the angle of what having a lot of players bottlenecking into quest territory would do to the game. Vanilla questing never experienced this because the game would never have the level of bottlenecking that would assuredly happen were Legacy realms be introduced. (Hundreds and thousands of players rushing to try this "new" game feature out, only to get slapped in the face with the reality that it's not only way grindier but that they have to wait in line for quest mobs to get tagged. I think it'd turn off players, but that's just me.)
    Nostalrius launchs and others server now that got the nost players says you are wrong

Perhaps the example I used wasn't the best but I was looking at this more from the angle of what having a lot of players bottlenecking into quest territory would do to the game. Vanilla questing never experienced this because the game would never have the level of bottlenecking that would assuredly happen were Legacy realms be introduced. (Hundreds and thousands of players rushing to try this "new" game feature out, only to get slapped in the face with the reality that it's not only way grindier but that they have to wait in line for quest mobs to get tagged. I think it'd turn off players, but that's just me.)
    Common man, if you're going to attack the idea of legacy servers at least put some thought into it instead of thinking "oh this part used to suck lol y u <3 this so mch legacy??"

Bottlenecking is still a problem so saying this as a point why Legacy servers wouldn't work just doesn't stack up.
    Though it would be a problem on release that heaps of people will complain about regarding having to wait to kill bosses/mobs/loot items for quests.

No need to resolve that though, its all part of legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Common man, if you're going to attack the idea of legacy servers at least put some thought into it instead of thinking "oh this part used to suck lol y u <3 this so mch legacy??"

Bottlenecking is still a problem so saying this as a point why Legacy servers wouldn't work just doesn't stack up.
    Though it would be a problem on release that heaps of people will complain about regarding having to wait to kill bosses/mobs/loot items for quests.

No need to resolve that though, its all part of legacy.
    I quoted one part of a larger post as evidence of something I personally didn't enjoy about the old questing architecture.

As for bottlenecking on Legacy realms: Wouldn't it be in Blizzard's interest to provide the most user-friendly version of the game possible? If this is to be a feature, I think it'd be in their interest not to leave it completely "as-was" and let the chips fall where they may. There will be a lot of community outcry if bottlenecking literally breaks Vanilla WoW and the negative backlash may be enough to prevent the whole thing from ever gaining the traction pro-Legacy players are so convinced it'd generate.

Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    Except that you can't. One group or another would complain as loudly about being left out as the legacy server crowd is complaining now. It's an all-or-nothing type of thing.

You couldn't do just one expansion because so many people like so many things.

Unless you're just advocating for one expansion and for only one region... That'd be a bit hypocritical, don't you think?
    I guess Legion isn't coming out anytime soon then. There's probably less consensus there than among legacy servers.

Without RP-PVP Oceania Cataclysm, legacy servers are hypocrisy and too unfair to be done.

With ability pruning, Legion is all inclusive and meets the standards for all of WoW's playerbase.

I quoted one part of a larger post as evidence of something I personally didn't enjoy about the old questing architecture.

As for bottlenecking on Legacy realms: Wouldn't it be in Blizzard's interest to provide the most user-friendly version of the game possible? If this is to be a feature, I think it'd be in their interest not to leave it completely "as-was" and let the chips fall where they may. There will be a lot of community outcry if bottlenecking literally breaks Vanilla WoW and the negative backlash may be enough to prevent the whole thing from ever gaining the traction pro-Legacy players are so convinced it'd generate.
    They've already released a user friendly version of the game with the cataclysm patch. You're thinking along the wrong lines - people don't play vanilla because it's user-friendly.

If they so choose to alter things, they'll need to be very careful about which parts they alter. There will ever community outcry about many things, there always is. What makes a difference is if people completely desert the game which, if they already know what they're in for when choosing to play legacy, I can't imagine they would do. They can also suggest that the play plays in retail wow for those improved qol features.

Pretty hard to argue with the traction legacy has gained at this stage man. High profile tweets from gamers and bloggers, a reasonably big petition and weeks worth of comments doesn't really sound like a soft wind gently dying off us know?

What makes a difference is if people completely desert the game which, if they already know what they're in for when choosing to play legacy, I can't imagine they would do. They can also suggest that the play plays in retail wow for those improved qol features.
    I can't imagine every player rolling a toon on a Legacy realm would be doing so only because they think it'll be better than retail. I'd imagine most of them -- the unwashed masses -- would be doing it because it's "new." It's different. It's something they've never experienced before. But then they log in, realize that literally everything takes ages upon ages upon ages and quests are in all kinds of disarray because Vanilla WoW was never designed to have 10,000 players trying to start the same quests at the same time and it turns into a bottlenecking disaster similar to what was experienced on WoD's launch (perhaps even worse if all they do is take Vanilla 1.12 and resurrect it unchanged).

Obviously, I can't speak for everybody. I'd imagine the players who genuinely want to be there will stick it out past the initial rush. And after a few days, it'd die down and return to normal... but I just wonder exactly how populated these realms would be if the first experience new players have of it is marred by a poor launch.

Pretty hard to argue with the traction legacy has gained at this stage man. High profile tweets from gamers and bloggers, a reasonably big petition and weeks worth of comments doesn't really sound like a soft wind gently dying off us know?
    Movements always seek to be heard. It doesn't surprise me that there are big name people in the Twittersphere/YT personalities pushing the party line. But having clout with a fanbase doesn't necessarily mean it's the majority opinion of their fans. (That's why Kern's claim that Vanilla WoW would be watched by "14 million people" is extremely stupid.) The most militant, outspoken supporters of this movement represent the mentality of a very small group of people, hence why I often refer to them as the "vocal minority." I'd imagine most people -- the unwashed masses -- are of the opinion that Legacy realms are something for Blizzard to consider and if they happen, cool and if they don't, oh well.

It is certainly true that the initial launch would be painful. That has always been the case and there is no easy way around it that I can think of that doesn't lead to problems down the road.

I mean that movement seems to be losing traction already. Seems like most of the high profile people have already moved on to other things. It isn't easy for a vocal minority to stay vocal if everyone is not in it for the long haul. You really think those youtubers/streamers are in it for the long haul? Not when there is money to be made in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean that movement seems to be losing traction already. Seems like most of the high profile people have already moved on to other things. It isn't easy for a vocal minority to stay vocal if everyone is not in it for the long haul. You really think those youtubers/streamers are in it for the long haul? Not when there is money to be made in other ways.
    Exactly. Kern and streamers knew they could get some publicity by backing the idea. Now it's pretty much over the whole debacle they've moved on.

Not really. We are now waiting for meetings. Can't really do much more till after that. Lol and people trying to use this as validation to a dying movement. K. If you guys actually read anything, except trying to personal attack people, you would see twitter is still full of ideas from all these streamers for legacy servers etc... and interviews and blah blah blah. You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Not really. We are now waiting for meetings. Can't really do much more till after that. Lol and people trying to use this as validation to a dying movement. K. If you guys actually read anything, except trying to personal attack people, you would see twitter is still full of ideas from all these streamers for legacy servers etc... and interviews and blah blah blah. You get the point.
    And blah blah blah the hype has died down quite a bit. And most of the 'personal attack people' are on your side lol. But hey keep believing your movement is gonna change the world....of warcraft.

And blah blah blah the hype has died down quite a bit. And most of the 'personal attack people' are on your side lol. But hey keep believing your movement is gonna change the world....of warcraft.
    Yeah. Okay internet tough guy. Keep playing the victim in something that you have perceived to be and not support any of your opinions. Go back to personal attacks, you are better at that.

Yeah. Okay internet tough guy. Keep playing the victim in something that you have perceived to be and not support any of your opinions. Go back to personal attacks, you are better at that.
    If I was making personal attacks and being a nuisance as you claim I'd have been reprimanded by mods and/or infracted.

Back on topic: It is quite easy to see that most of the attention/hype/fame from this Legacy server/Nost thing has been dying down over the past week. I mean this thread is a good example of it. Was hella hot when it came out and then when Blizz made the blue post things died down quite a bit. It will get some attention again depending on how that meeting goes but the further away that meeting is the less people will care.

They've already released a user friendly version of the game with the cataclysm patch. You're thinking along the wrong lines - people don't play vanilla because it's user-friendly.
    I see that as being very true, but I don't think lack of user friendly interaction is a good thing either. It's fine for me and my group of friends who want to go back for lolz, but it's difficult to convince new people to play for legitimate reasons. Even Wrath did away with a lot of Vanilla bullshit while maintaining a high level of challenging content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

If I was making personal attacks and being a nuisance as you claim I'd have been reprimanded by mods and/or infracted.

Back on topic: It is quite easy to see that most of the attention/hype/fame from this Legacy server/Nost thing has been dying down over the past week. I mean this thread is a good example of it. Was hella hot when it came out and then when Blizz made the blue post things died down quite a bit. It will get some attention again depending on how that meeting goes but the further away that meeting is the less people will care.
    "Back on topic: I don't want these servers, therefore I will present a view with no factual basis".

I've been waiting 6 years to play a legitimate version of Burning Crusade again, and I'll still want a server 6 years from now. If it happens soon great, if not I'll still be here advocating for one and waiting like I always have been.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ball's in Blizzards court now, that's why. Little point to keep spamming now that Blizzard has agreed to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    The ball's in Blizzards court now, that's why. Little point to keep spamming now that Blizzard has agreed to talk about it.
    Exactly. All he did was show he obviously has no indication of where the movement is at right now. Blizzard already agreed to a meeting to listen to the cause. Shall we keep being vocal for the thing that is already happening?

"Back on topic: I don't want these servers, therefore I will present a view with no factual basis".
    First of all no one is going to be giving factual basis on anything as we aren't dealing with facts but opinions. And I have given my opinion, as have many others, as to why we believe Legacy servers would be a bad idea.

I feel it is the can of worms theory. If Legacy was to be a thing they'd have to pick a point to start at. Why that point? What about class balances? What about bug fixes? Why not X realm? Why not X expansion? And so on. I also think it would take away from Legion and expansions beyond because it might divert man power/resources/time to something that could be an epic failure. I also believe it is a very coal minority that got more attention just because some streamers/youtubers made a fuss about it. Now that the fuss has died down and they moved on to other things it is just a vocal minority again. Blizz has said no for years and it still seems like they are going to stay the course on it.

Bottom line is I don't want these servers as I think it will add more problems to the game and likely hurt the game when people leave them after a short time. I think a can of worms is something that should be avoided.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. All he did was show he obviously has no indication of where the movement is at right now. Blizzard already agreed to a meeting to listen to the cause. Shall we keep being vocal for the thing that is already happening?
    Let's settle down about the 'movement' k? You guys are a vocal minority that got some play from youtubers/streamers who just used you to generate traffic.

Bottlenecking won't be an issue. Nostalrius had like 8x the population of a retail Vanilla server, and the bottlenecking was only sparsely bothersome. The only issue would be in the first couple of weeks when the entire population is trying to race out of the barrens.