Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How about "Grand Inquisitors of Legacy"? It has an ominous ring to it.
    Ohhh even better. Grand Vizier!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I've worked in the industry long enough to know that it's a simple identity protection issue. Otherwise, Kern would've had to also hide his date, but he did not. Because the issue is so controversial, it's both in Blizzard and Nostalrius interest to keep the date private.

I certainly hope not XD Though personally I don't mind them calling themselves whatever they want. All I care about is results, whom deliver it is not really important to me.
    Exactly. Last time we got jack shit in the way of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ohhh even better. Grand Vizier!
    But then they'd have to start over again each time the developers held a conference in the room on the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Last time we got jack shit in the way of results.
    Here's to hope it'll change. Something went in motion, that's factual - pristine, petition, meetings. So we know there's something going on.

Now the question is what's their next step - and what's their plan. Obviously Blizzard accepting to receive the paper petition and to meet with Kern this week is, in itself, an acknowledgement of this whole situation. If this ends up with legacy or not remains to be seen, but in any case I'll be happy.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Here's to hope it'll change. Something went in motion, that's factual - pristine, petition, meetings. So we know there's something going on.

Now the question is what's their next step - and what's their plan. Obviously Blizzard accepting to receive the paper petition and to meet with Kern this week is, in itself, an acknowledgement of this whole situation. If this ends up with legacy or not remains to be seen, but in any case I'll be happy.
    if nothing happens i won't be happy
    But i'll put it to rest knowing we did our best I wouldn't feel guilty about playing on a private server at least
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    if nothing happens i won't be happy
    But i'll put it to rest knowing we did our best I wouldn't feel guilty about playing on a private server at least
    That seems to be the general consensus. But considering there's so many alternatives, it's more a matter of principle. I'd rather play on an official Blizzard platform than a tierce party, whom can be fraudulent or shady in their practices. Although for the moment, there's quite an array of old-school servers thriving both in quality and in population.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I am a retail player but I would definitely vote for it to stay up because not everyone has the buying power to pay for subs, but wow being a beautiful game, a lot of players still want to play it. Whats the point taking down the legacy server?

What do they mean by "security reason"? I doubt some anti legacy nut is gonna kidnap em or something.
    Read my signature. Remember that guy? Would be not surprised if he would do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Read my signature. Remember that guy? Would be not surprised if he would do something.
    he was prolly talking about the toxic pro legacy peeps that were 'attacking' him. He even says a post later he'd want to see legacy servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    I hope something comes out from the meeting with blizz and nost.
    But who knows, would suprise me definetly

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    he was prolly talking about the toxic pro legacy peeps that were 'attacking' him. He even says a post later he'd want to see legacy servers.
    Nah man that guy had a YouTube channel in his sig and he goes full crazy, compares pro-legacy players to Isis and hopes they jump of a bridge and die. I think he hated how noobs got treated in vanilla (spoiler: not well) and viewed anyone pro-legacy as being any of those old school meanies

Yes, which is exactly supporting what I'mm saying. He's attacking the pro legacy people with empty threats. Yet the post right after Elis' sig quote has the guy saying he actually wants to see Legacy servers happen. To me, that doesn't sound like a 'security' threat to Mike Morhaime or Mark Kern. It sounds like scapegoating a fanatic for the sake of it.

Deleted
    Yes, which is exactly supporting what I'mm saying. He's attacking the pro legacy people with empty threats. Yet the post right after Elis' sig quote has the guy saying he actually wants to see Legacy servers happen. To me, that doesn't sound like a 'security' threat to Mike Morhaime or Mark Kern. It sounds like scapegoating a fanatic for the sake of it.
    Are you guys actually debating wheater or not there is a security risk involved in this?

Thats hilarious. I honestly didnt think anyone would care so much about a legacy server.

Thats really pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Are you guys actually debating wheater or not there is a security risk involved in this?

Thats hilarious. I honestly didnt think anyone would care so much about a legacy server.

Thats really pathetic
    It is pathetic. Because there's literally nothing to discuss about Legacy servers. Is it happening yet? Nope. Are the meetings here yet? Nope. Carry on then.

Sorry I wasn't clear but in his YouTube rant video he very clearly states he doesn't want legacy servers
    Evidence: https://youtu.be/-xK_v_qBpHE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Prove wrong? There's nothing to prove right or wrong.
    And, I never once told anyone to "fuck off" in this thread - but the child likes to lie about me, because nothing else he's tried to keep me quiet has worked.

In fact, I've never been warned or actioned by the mods in this thread once. If I'd been running around telling people to "fuck off", I would have been. But I wasn't...but someone else was.

Facts. They do plague him. But it's hilarious to see him cry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Indeed, whenever a anti-legacy zealot voices his/her opinion, that opinion somehow turns into facts (because they say so..). Those who does not share anti-legacy warriors' opinions ("facts"), are wrong.

Simply adorable.

Here is the plain facts on the matter

Nostalrius proves that a lot of people will flock to a free server promising a vanilla experience that involves not giving any money to the people involved in making the original game
    So all these claims of people that will "pay for a Vanilla experience like that one"..they werent paying.

At all.

They want their Vanilla servers..but arent and werent prepared to pay for them.

- - - Updated - - -

. Whats the point taking down the legacy server?
    It was illegal, it was a pirate site, it was stealing copyrighted materials.

Will that do?

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    They want their Vanilla servers..but arent and werent prepared to pay for them.
    There is no way to pay for it, we want there to be.

Players who have played wow on and off for many many years have sort of demonstrated their willingness to pay a sub fee for playing a game they enjoy. Why exactly shouldn't this apply to a game that we care about as much as many of us evidently do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    There is no way to pay for it, we want there to be.

Players who have played wow on and off for many many years have sort of demonstrated their willingness to pay a sub fee for playing a game they enjoy. Why exactly shouldn't this apply to a game that we care about as much as many of us evidently do?
    Some more reasonable people may be willing to pay for it but there's no proof that all Nost players would. In fact, look at how many of the perceived "fans" of Nost got pissed off when the developers told them they wouldn't be sharing the source code. Many of them just said, "Fuck you guys, I'll go play another (free) private server." Seeing as the popularity of K2 skyrocketed at the same time Nost got shut down, I'd say that's exactly what most of them did.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Some more reasonable people may be willing to pay for it but there's no proof that all Nost players would. In fact, look at how many of the perceived "fans" of Nost got pissed off when the developers told them they wouldn't be sharing the source code. Many of them just said, "Fuck you guys, I'll go play another (free) private server." Seeing as the popularity of K2 skyrocketed at the same time Nost got shut down, I'd say that's exactly what most of them did.
    Still don't understand why people would think Nost would have shared the source code. They would have been royally fucked had they done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Here is my opinion on the matter

So all these claims of people that will "pay for a Vanilla experience like that one"..they werent paying.

At all.

They want their Vanilla servers..butthere is currently no evidence to prove they areprepared to pay for them.

- - - Updated - - -

It was illegal, it was a pirate site, it was stealing copyrighted materials.

Will that do?
    Mate. Did you copy paste that response from the first page or something? We've been through this many many times also, fixed your post by adding red text.

People widely accept it was illegal and a legit move to shut down
    People accept there is no evidence to prove any <x> number of players WILL or WILL NOT pay to play on Vanilla Servers
    Some people believe there is sufficient demand for Vanilla servers which will last long enough to make Blizzard invest in making Vanilla servers available
    Some people disagree for various legitimate reasons.

Please take some time to read through the thread or at the very least prose your post in the form of questions seeking clarification.
    Private Servers have been around for AGES and people have not had as much interest as the Nostralius server generated. Ever. You fact, is just an opinion mate.