Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They met before with them and then said "big news coming" and announced that they they thought they were the ambassadors for legacy or some shit. EDIT. I was wrong my apologies on the matter should better educate myself.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44031

This though I remember them saying a big update was coming which was just the crap that I've linked.
    their "big update" might have been the replay-functionality. Remember that these people did that as a hobby, for them it might have been a big thing.
    perhaps the "big update" was that they actually got a meeting. no one expected them to get invited to blizz HQ.

And yeah you might think bad of their self-proclamation as ambassadors, but they kind of ended up kind of being them.
    I don't know what exactly their opinion is or if they behave properly - we know next to nothing about them.
    BUT they actually got to meet blizz about legacy servers, unlike you and me.

I would prefer to look at it with a more positive view - they at least appear to have taken their opportunity serious, at least tried to.
    who knows what was talked this weekend, but the description of ambassador is not that far-fetched even if it is lousy to be self-proclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
    their "big update" might have been the replay-functionality. Remember that these people did that as a hobby, for them it might have been a big thing.
    perhaps the "big update" was that they actually got a meeting. no one expected them to get invited to blizz HQ.

And yeah you might think bad of their self-proclamation as ambassadors, but they kind of ended up kind of being them.
    I don't know what exactly their opinion is or if they behave properly - we know next to nothing about them.
    BUT they actually got to meet blizz about legacy servers, unlike you and me.

I would prefer to look at it with a more positive view - they at least appear to have taken their opportunity serious, at least tried to.
    who knows what was talked this weekend, but the description of ambassador is not that far-fetched even if it is lousy to be self-proclaimed.
    I just think the whole ambassador thing is a bit high and mighty in my opinion. I agree with what they are doing though always have done and I sort of agree with Kern's whole input but I still think he is just trying to get his name known a bit. Also like I said I did make a mistake and should have looked at it again properly I will admit
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-05 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest positive here is that Blizzard has finally stopped with the bullshit "You think you do but you don't" attitude. They realize that a large group of potential players do actually want a legacy realm and miss when Warcraft was a proper MMO. They are starting to understand that they've gone too far with the convenience and that while the live game will never be what it once was there are lessons that they can take from the mistakes that they've made with current Warcraft. Whether we get proper legacy realms, a "pristine" version, or the vanilla "spirit" in a new MMO something will happen.

Give me Universe of Starcraft with tiered progression, actual community, completely distinct classes, and no easy modes and I'm there.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The biggest positive here is that Blizzard has finally stopped with the bullshit "You think you do but you don't" attitude. They realize that a large group of potential players do actually want a legacy realm and miss when Warcraft was a proper MMO. They are starting to understand that they've gone too far with the convenience and that while the live game will never be what it once was there are lessons that they can take from the mistakes that they've made with current Warcraft. Whether we get proper legacy realms, a "pristine" version, or the vanilla "spirit" in a new MMO something will happen.

Give me Universe of Starcraft with tiered progression, actual community, completely distinct classes, and no easy modes and I'm there.
    Agreed . I like your signature btw.

World of Heroes of the Stormcraft? :O Although I agree a Starcraft MMO if done properly would be quite decent. Would probably get whiny masses going "Hurr durr wow in space" but tbh that is what Starcraft basically was when it first came out. Warcraft in space.

"Proper MMO"... All an MMO is is a persistent world where many people can play at the same time. WoW is still a "proper MMO" whether you think it is or not. You may not like it, but it is still the most popular MMO in the world and most MMOs on the market now have taken many things from WoW (dungeon finder, raid finder, cross-realm, etc) because these features are now considered the standard.

This isn't 2004 anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Agreed. I like your signature btw.
    Yeah, people who link casual with bad pisses me off. I'm a casual and I raided at the highest levels of Warcraft for years. I want challenge, I want dedication and effort. I hate when bads try to pick up our banner and run with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    "Proper MMO"... All an MMO is is a persistent world where many people can play at the same time. WoW is still a "proper MMO" whether you think it is or not. You may not like it, but it is still the most popular MMO in the world and most MMOs on the market now have taken many things from WoW (dungeon finder, raid finder, cross-realm, etc) because these features are now considered the standard.

This isn't 2004 anymore.
    Sitting in your instanced town without any other players in it playing facebook games while waiting to run a ridiculously easy tourist mode version of a raid with people you'll never have to see again or really even communicate with WHILE standing in every bad thing on the ground and basically never paying attention to any mechanic is not an MMO.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-06-05 at 07:35 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Yeah, people who link casual with bad pisses me off. I'm a casual and I raided at the highest levels of Warcraft for years. I want challenge, I want dedication and effort. I hate when bads try to pick up our banner and run with it.
    Never understood why casual is associated with bad personally. I raided casually in Cata and did alright for myself.

This isn't 2004 anymore.
    And that's the reason we have to look to a 10year old version of the game to find a proper mmo.
    Because that "standard" sucks donkey balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Sitting in your instanced town playing facebook games while waiting to run a ridiculously tourist mode version of a raid with people you'll never have to see again or really even communicate with WHILE standing in every bad thing on the ground and basically never paying attention to any mechanic is not an MMO.
    Welcome to my world. I was in a Top 30 guild in Wrath and did raids in Vanilla and TBC - never considered myself more than a mid-level player, never was, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    And that's the reason we have to look to a 10year old version of the game to find a proper mmo.
    Ehhh debatable. I've said I'm pro legacy but I would be happy playing an official Wrath Server and current WoW personally.

Never understood why casual is associated with bad personally. I raided casually in Cata and did alright for myself.
    It's mainly on the forums - that's where it started. People needed an excuse for them sucking so they started calling themselves "casuals". Most of these "casuals" played more than me, yet were awful at the game for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Sitting in your instanced town without any other players in it playing facebook games while waiting to run a ridiculously tourist mode version of a raid with people you'll never have to see again or really even communicate with WHILE standing in every bad thing on the ground and basically never paying attention to any mechanic is not an MMO.
    It's an MMO.

(Massive) Large persistent world: check
    (Multiplayer) Many people playing at the same time (does not have to mean playing with eachother): check
    (Online) Must be connected to internet to play: check

Yup, it's an MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Nah, the new standard is EXTREMELY better than the mess that was Vanilla & TBC.

This isn't 2004 anymore.
    In theory it's an mmorpg, in practice you might as well remove that first M and call it a multiplayer online roleplaying game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh debatable. I've said I'm pro legacy but I would be happy playing an official Wrath Server and current WoW personally.
    Same.

Honestly I'm more interested in playing the Vanilla/TBC/Wrath/Whatever is it in content drought. I think it's a good complement to the main game. Some people will main live, some will main the legacy server, in the end it's the player who wins.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

It's an MMO.

(Massive) Large persistent world: check
    (Multiplayer) Many people playing at the same time (does not have to mean playing with eachother): check
    (Online) Must be connected to internet to play: check

Yup, it's an MMO.
    By definition it is an MMO. In reality it isn't because it meets the definition but it doesn't have any of the characteristics of an MMO. At it's current state it is a weird mixture of LoL and Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by goibonuden View Post
    In theory it's an mmorpg, in practice you might as well remove that first M and call it a multiplayer online roleplaying game.
    Nothing wrong with that either, since the only people in the game that actually matter to me are my friends, guild mates, and people that have been nice to me. Everyone else can go fu*kaduck.

By definition it is an MMO. In reality it isn't because it meets the definition but it doesn't have any of the characteristics of an MMO. At it's current state it is a weird mixture of LoL and Diablo.
    They're turning it more and more into Diablo. It's insane..

Nothing wrong with that either, since the only people in the game that actually matter to me are my friends, guild mates, and people that have been nice to me. Everyone else can go fu*kaduck.
    Think 7 million people went to "fu*kaduck. ".

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm glad the garrisons are a thing of the past. (I never spent much time with them anyway.) But, I still prefer the modern style of MMO to the garbage that was out TBC & prior. (Including UO/EQ/SWG/etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Think 7 million people went to "fu*kaduck. ".
    Good for them. They matter to me, why?