Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You have got to be kidding right? A streaming launcher is way better than a damn launcher that you have to fully wait for.
    Lol, who cares if you can start playing 30 seconds before the patch is finished. The old system let you save the patches so if you had more than one machine you didn't have to download it multiple times. It even let people with 56k or slow DSL get copies from friends, it was way better.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    I honestly don't even get what's wrong with the anti classic crowd for having the constant urge to shit all over a topic that really doesn't concern them. Just how petty do you have to be?
    Because they want as much as the Pro@Nostralius crowd for the game to be good again and don't like the idea of considering its current state is pretty terrible compared to all its previous iterations and the fact that no Legion or Xpac will fix it because the current dev's keep enforcing everywhere their stupid vision of what WoW should be while completely neglecting the community feedback and the freedom of players.

So they just keep bsing the "discussions" (And I put "Discussions" because there's not much to talk about due to a lack of information) with that nitpicky "Can of worms theory" explaining how a legacy server is likely to fail because some questions remain unaddressed (And that drive us back to our lack of informations...), telling us how a Vanilla server flop would hurt WoW, a game already put on life support.

Don't mind them, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It will functionally be running a different game. The systems wont be the same, it wont be the exact same game as Vanilla. Everything will have to be modified and modernized. It's a difficult task, but I think it's worth the effort. Either that or just give me Universe of Starcraft already built around the ideas and principles of Vanilla and BC WoW. Don't veer away from the vision to placate the drooling masses. If a game is good people will play it.
    That's not true at all. They need to update the server architecture, yes. But they've got the code for it, it's currently working keeping WoD realms online. They need to add Battle.Net, yes. But they've got the code for it.

They have the code for everything, it just needs to be skimmed and slightly modified. Aside from that and possibly fixing a couple gamebreaking bugs (maybe) it's easily doable with some software engineers. The biggest hurdle and problem is getting corporate to okay the large investment for new hardware and dev/QA/CS salaries.

Not saying it isn't a lot of work, but it isn't hard work.

Over 1400 pages why is it so much of a big deal?

Runescape has classic rule set server so does Everquest 1 and 2 and they arent even close to the scale of WoW, there is nothing out of the norm to have classic server infact it should of been done a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Over 1400 pages why is it so much of a big deal?

Runescape has classic rule set server so does Everquest 1 and 2 and they arent even close to the scale of WoW, there is nothing out of the norm to have classic server infact it should of been done a long time ago.
    Yes and we should get some in-depth news from Nost soon enough.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Lol, who cares if you can start playing 30 seconds before the patch is finished. The old system let you save the patches so if you had more than one machine you didn't have to download it multiple times. It even let people with 56k or slow DSL get copies from friends, it was way better.
    Uhm you can still do that today it would just take longer to transfer.

I hope this will be a live server

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think to achie with Vanilla server?
    You gonna hit the endgame in less then a year. You will also know for sure that you hit the end content, since vanilla won't be getting any more patches. So Cheers, you got the best gear in the game? I really see nothing to look forward to if vanilla comes back, i raided them 100 times on my higher characters, there is NO surprises anymore, NO actual good looking gear.

What is the big deal you want Vanilla WoW? The only difference is the big long ass grind, you really have time for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What do you guys think to achie with Vanilla server?
    Having fun for years.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    ATM I have no real interest in Vanilla. But if they intergrated Battle.net into Vanilla, making stuff like the Ahn'Qiraj mount available on my bnet account, I'd completely consider playing Vanilla on the side.
    This is one of the reason I want to experience this all. Never had an opportunity to obtain / do these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    This is one of the reason I want to experience this all. Never had an opportunity to obtain / do these things.
    Heh, good luck. The vast amount of people trying to get that mount will be astronomical.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Heh, good luck. The vast amount of people trying to get that mount will be astronomical.
    The mount doesn't go to one person only. These were flawed designs anyways and Blizzard has even admitted it in the past. So what other great opportunity than to do it on Legacy!
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mount doesn't go to one person only. These were flawed designs anyways and Blizzard has even admitted it in the past. So what other great opportunity than to do it on Legacy!
    I think it should have been one guild per faction, personally. I don't want that "everybody deserves a trophy" attitude bleeding in from live. Let the entitled people stay on live and let those of us who want the old ways stick to legacy realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's Vanilla. Everyone says they don't want Blizz to change anything in Vanilla, but now you want changes?

Hmmmm....
    I don't want it to change. I think that's the way it should have been in Vanilla, but it wasn't. You're now twisting people's statements in order to make your side look better. Notice the past tense and stop trolling.

"Make my side look better?"
    What side? I'm bringing up a point. I'm all for Legacy servers, I just wouldn't play them unless I can get the long lost benefits, Tmog gear and Mounts etc.

"Stop Trolling"
    I'm not trolling, just bringing up a point. I know I just said that up above, but it still stands. I never said anything trolly.

"Notice the past tense"
    I didn't notice that. Still though, I think I bring up a good point. There are going to be some people that want stuff like that changed, but I personally think if you want vanilla, thats how it should be if/when legacy servers go up.
    IF blizz decides to make legacy, they would do heavy research, polls etc about how exactly the majority want legacy servers implemented. I don't see it as a problem that people disagree slightly on how they should be. Let blizzard decide it based on their research.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What is the big deal you want Vanilla WoW? The only difference is the big long ass grind, you really have time for that?
    I disagree. Vanilla feels like a totally different game to me when compared to live WoW. They are the same only by name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Ideally yes however Blizzard may want to force Battle.net upon players with Vanilla servers
    Of course if they do something like this it will be tied to a battle.net account. It's unrealistic to think it wouldn't be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Make my side look better?"
    What side? I'm bringing up a point. I'm all for Legacy servers, I just wouldn't play them unless I can get the long lost benefits, Tmog gear and Mounts etc.

"Stop Trolling"
    I'm not trolling, just bringing up a point. I know I just said that up above, but it still stands. I never said anything trolly.

"Notice the past tense"
    I didn't notice that. Still though, I think I bring up a good point. There are going to be some people that want stuff like that changed, but I personally think if you want vanilla, thats how it should be if/when legacy servers go up.
    You misrepresented me based on not paying attention to the tense I used. Since It's cleared up I retract my trolling accusation. I apologize.

If you honestly think blizzard would make the Black Battle Tank available again as an account wide item to everybody and their dog playing on a Vanilla server, you are delusional. It was bad enough when people were server transferring to fresh servers to attempt to get it long after the AQ gates thing was a thing, but re-opening it to literally everyody would be monumentally stupid idea, even if they did restrict it to a similar "window" of availability affter the first ringing of the gong. That quest was a bitch and a half to do with a full guild backing you. Imagine the inasanity when every single player on the server is trying to get the questline done at the same time......(especially considering the number of steps that were only completable by one person in a raid each week / locckout)

There was a very good reason why only 2 or 3 people, per server, per faction got those mounts Legit.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-06-08 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If you honestly think blizzard would make the Black Battle Tank available again as an account wide item to everybody and their dog playing on a Vanilla server, you are delusional. It was bad enough when people were server transferring to fresh servers to attempt to get it long after the AQ gates thing was a thing, but re-opening it to literally everyody would be monumentally stupid idea, even if they did restrict it to a similar "window" of availability affter the first ringing of the gong. That quest was a bitch and a half to do with a full guild backing you. Imagine the inasanity when every single player on the server is trying to get the questline done at the same time......(especially considering the number of steps that were only completable by one person in a raid each week / locckout)

There was a very good reason why only 2 or 3 people, per server, per faction got those mounts Legit.
    Just like Blizzard won't ever give Mark or Nost the time of day and Nost would be sent directly to jail, right?