10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Just like Blizzard won't ever give Mark or Nost the time of day and Nost would be sent directly to jail, right?
    They can't change the essence of Vanilla because people want shit. That's what the live game is for. Let the entitled players stay on the live server.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What do you guys think to achie with Vanilla server?
    You gonna hit the endgame in less then a year. You will also know for sure that you hit the end content, since vanilla won't be getting any more patches. So Cheers, you got the best gear in the game? I really see nothing to look forward to if vanilla comes back, i raided them 100 times on my higher characters, there is NO surprises anymore, NO actual good looking gear.

What is the big deal you want Vanilla WoW? The only difference is the big long ass grind, you really have time for that?
    Such a Gimlix post, contradicting yourself in the same post you make, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    They can't change the essence of Vanilla because people want shit. That's what the live game is for. Let the entitled players stay on the live server.
    The only entitlement I see going on here is from the pro vanilla crowd who demand vanilla and refuse to compromise.

Both sides are pants on head retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The only entitlement I see going on here is from the pro vanilla crowd who demand vanilla and refuse to compromise.

We're talking a theoretical Vanilla realm. How you can't compromise IF we get the realm...

7+ Year Old Account
    "No Vanilla realm, but here comes Pristine (with advice from Nost)!"

I expect a compromise like that, if we're talking compromises.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

We're talking a theoretical Vanilla realm. How you can't compromise IF we get the realm...
    Theoretical or not people will find something to complain about and the demands will continue, it's human nature to take and offer little back. If your ideal scenario came to light and you got given vanilla realms people would still complain and demand something else, you can try to cater to human nature but you'll never sate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretical or not people will find something to complain about and the demands will continue, it's human nature to take and offer little back. If your ideal scenario came to light and you got given vanilla realms people would still complain and demand something else, you can try to cater to human nature but you'll never sate it.
    The reason we advocate for Vanilla is because we realize the live game will never be anything close to what we want.

Deleted
    I'd love Vanilla servers. If they fixed all the bugs and remade the useless classes.

What does that even mean? I see no one "demanding" and what could a compromise even be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    I'd love Vanilla servers. If they fixed all the bugs and remade the useless classes.
    But half the specs in the game being useless was part of the charm :OO
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    But half the specs in the game being useless was part of the charm :OO
    The pro-Vanilla crowd would probably crucify me for suggesting such a thing. Even though I am part of the Pro-Vanilla crowd :< I just want all specs viable!

10+ Year Old Account
    The pro-Vanilla crowd would probably crucify me for suggesting such a thing. Even though I am part of the Pro-Vanilla crowd :< I just want all specs viable!
    Shadow and Ret are viable... In PVP.

Deleted
    Woo...

/10chars

Deleted
    It's usually a business job to sate customer demand, for a price. That's how the economy used to work.

Shadow and ret in PVE too, but ret was really hard to use in that content (some people were famous because they managed to though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    It's usually a business job to sate customer demand, for a price. That's how the economy used to work.

Shadow and ret in PVE too, but ret was really hard to use in that content (some people were famous because they managed to though).
    It wasn't difficult, it just required insane gear to be viable, and you couldn't get that gear unless you were there as a healer, and then you were rolling against all the DPS warriors, and then you had to convince the guild to let you go Ret at all... They weren't famous because they were good, they were famous because they somehow got the gear to make it look good, and then somehow their guild let them DPS instead of heal.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-06-08 at 05:21 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The reason we advocate for Vanilla is because we realize the live game will never be anything close to what we want.
    Then go play something else, and stop bitching about it. Blizzard has about as much obligation to supply you with Vanilla servers to cater to your whims as Ford does to re-tool their assembly lines to begin re-producing Model-Ts.

If you are pro vanilla, welcome to the family lol. That being said just about every spec works in certain circumstances. I'll pick out the wacky ones though, the ones that first come to mind:

Boomkin - viable on either side if you're willing to put in a lot of work. Easier on the alliance side though due to mana from judgements and blessing of wisdom and salv. The battle rez is a pretty big deal and an extra innervate is always nice too, not to mention in dire situations, they are capable of tossing out a few heals which is something mages and locks simply can't do. Rough in pvp, but the self heals help out a lot. The extra crit is an immense help for warlocks and fire mages alike. Almost no mobs in the game have immunity to arcane spells as well.

Ele Shammy - one of the best specs in pvp with proper gear, capable of bursting down even geared targets in 2 to 3 hits if left unchecked. Life for the ele shammy is rough in PvE, except at Naxx, at which point elemental shammies were used by some guilds successful due just to their rather large amount of burst.

Enhance shammy - these guy's are loved by other melee players and while not being able to top meters, the ability to toss out chain heals in rough situations is good, but even much better is that windfury totems scales incredibly well with rogues and warriors who already are two of the best scaling classes in the game. Plus who doesn't love windfury procs?

Ret pally - I know very little about them, I know they are good in Naxx though, but don't have enough info on them to go into much detail

Prot Pally - Extremely strong in certain situations, granted those situations don't come up very often, namely instances where aoe tanking is a must in raids. Having one in the raid does make life a lot easier though, besides extra buffs, they can handle certain things like core imps and ony drakes extremely easy. With the engineering shield you can destroy the damage meters on aoe fights, as well as easily grind money via aoe farming

Feral (tank) druid - these guys are capable of tanking most raid bosses in the game. Stuff like Rag is extremely hard, just because of the lack of defense but still possible in the right conditions. The battle rez is great, plus they actually have an easier time on some bosses (especially in ZG and AQ20) than warrior tanks.

Shadow priest - arguably the most op pvp class in the game. Of course just about all raiding guilds will want to give at least *one* shadow priest a raiding spot as their damage buff to locks is insane.

Fury Warriors - best dps in the game, horde side of course has lots of aggro issues

Arms Warrior - extremely strong dps, potentially better than fury in a few fights where sweeping strikes can be used frequently (this is very rare though)

Now I'm not trying to say you are wrong on the off spec thing, some specs are *considerably* easier than others, that being said minus elemental shammies in a pve raid setting, literally any spec can work if you put in the effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Then go play something else
    I believe most of the point is that all the other games that are available are even further away from what they want than vanilla is.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I believe most of the point is that all the other games that are available are even further away from what they want than vanilla is.
    That should tell them something then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    That should tell them something then.
    That the genre has been poisoned by entitled players who want shit handed to them and the market is flooded with those shitty games which tend to fold?