It's funny people seeing people argue the legal aspects like it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Vanilla WoW was as hardcore as it could get, and Blizzard had more subscribers then than they do with Legion. Actually now that I think it, TBC was even more hardcore and had even more subscribers. Why do you think so many people want Vanilla back? Cause it was WoW before the casual craze. No pet battles, no multiple raid and dungeon difficulties, no mount hunting, and no world quests.
    Pet battle could be considered a nice side-thing to do if you want time to pass, but it is also argueably a "waisted" resource that could be used to add more substance to the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Pet battle could be considered a nice side-thing to do if you want time to pass, but it is also argueably a "waisted" resource that could be used to add more substance to the main game.
    *shrugs* I know pet battles and pet trading/selling kept me playing in MoP. It is a nice side thing there if people want to do it. Having pet battles is a good thing I don't see how it is a wasted resource. I just can't see pet battles taking tons of resources/manpower/time to create and then maintain versus some of the other things in the game. I don't really think you could say that having pet battles harmed the game from getting X thing instead.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-10-06 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The server needs it installed in order to work. Do you really want me to quote the realm setup instruction for you?
    The server itself? I'd like to see the instructions. From my experience the client just needs to edit the realm config file.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    If I pet battle it's generally to waste time when I'm waiting for a queue or waiting for people to run back after a wipe. I must have pet battled people like twice from my entire experience. There's always something more fun for me to do than pet battle. It's not like I don't have a backlog of Steam games that I can play instead of the Pet Battle system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *shrugs* I know pet battles and pet trading/selling kept me playing in MoP. It is a nice side thing there if people want to do it. Having pet battles is a good thing I don't see how it is a wasted resource. I just can't see pet battles taking tons of resources/manpower/time to create and then maintain versus some of the other things in the game. I don't really think you could say that having pet battles harmed the game from getting X thing instead.
    Cause developers had to put time into making it. Time that could be better spent on real content. It takes a team of people to make something like the pet battle system in WoW. It's practically a Pokemon Go clone, but instead of real world it's WoW world.

The server itself? I'd like to see the instructions. From my experience the client just needs to edit the realm config file.

- - - Updated - - -

If I pet battle it's generally to waste time when I'm waiting for a queue or waiting for people to run back after a wipe. I must have pet battled people like twice from my entire experience. There's always something more fun for me to do than pet battle. It's not like I don't have a backlog of Steam games that I can play instead of the Pet Battle system.

Cause developers had to put time into making it. Time that could be better spent on real content. It takes a team of people to make something like the pet battle system in WoW. It's practically a Pokemon Go clone, but instead of real world it's WoW world.
    Pokemon go clone? It's basically regular Pokemon Lite within WoW. How do you draw the pokemon go comparison?

You don't know what it cost to make pet battles and maybe the people that made it could have done very little else. Considering the amount of people that pet battle, collect pets, sell pets and trade pets I think it is a fine inclusion into the game. It is here to stay so use it or don't it matters little. You don't know what 'real content' was lost for pet battles. I would argue that the content pet battles provided was a great idea and gave more options for people.

I want to get into pet battles until I get into pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You don't know what it cost to make pet battles and maybe the people that made it could have done very little else. Considering the amount of people that pet battle, collect pets, sell pets and trade pets I think it is a fine inclusion into the game. It is here to stay so use it or don't it matters little. You don't know what 'real content' was lost for pet battles. I would argue that the content pet battles provided was a great idea and gave more options for people.
    If Blizzard wants to bring back the players they lost, they will have to cut the fat out. It's one of the many reasons why people want Vanilla back. I'm not saying they should remove battle pets from the game now, cause the damage is done, but they could put less emphasis in it. When I played WoD they had a pet battle week, which pissed me off cause I don't pet battle. I want valor dammit, not pet battle crap.

But people who want to play Vanilla want this content missing. They don't want Pet Battles, or LFR, or 4 raid difficulties, and easy mode questing. Less is more. This stuff you consider content, is what I consider a waste of time. General rule I have is, does it help me kill a boss? If it doesn't, then I don't waste my time doing it. This is why people wonder why there's so many complaints about content, when they consider all this junk a form of content. Cause we don't, or at least I don't. Raids, dungeons, and PVP. There's the holy trinity. Work on that.

If Blizzard wants to bring back the players they lost, they will have to cut the fat out. It's one of the many reasons why people want Vanilla back. I'm not saying they should remove battle pets from the game now, cause the damage is done, but they could put less emphasis in it. When I played WoD they had a pet battle week, which pissed me off cause I don't pet battle. I want valor dammit, not pet battle crap.

But people who want to play Vanilla want this content missing. They don't want Pet Battles, or LFR, or 4 raid difficulties, and easy mode questing. Less is more. This stuff you consider content, is what I consider a waste of time. General rule I have is, does it help me kill a boss? If it doesn't, then I don't waste my time doing it. This is why people wonder why there's so many complaints about content, when they consider all this junk a form of content. Cause we don't, or at least I don't. Raids, dungeons, and PVP. There's the holy trinity. Work on that.
    Just because you do not pet battle doesn't mean others do. It is still a popular feature. Side content is a good thing in an MMO. FF14 has a good amount of side content and while lacking in PvP it still keeps a fresh emphasis on raiding imo.

This mentality gave us WoD where was Raid or PvP or quit.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

You don't KNOW why people stopped playing over the years. You just make the assumption that pet battles and other fluff things caused people to leave. If anything it is likely to have kept some people playing and interested in the game.

See that is the thing, you loved when the bonus weekends fit your playstyle, I didn't pvp so I didn't care when that week was picked, I did the pet battles, pve content. Was I pissed because they picked a pvp week? Nope, just did something else.

You act like there is content 'missing' when the fact of the matter is there are MORE things to do now than ever. You just want questing in the world to take fucking forever and pose some challenge, There is little difference to me in killing 1-2 mobs at a time in Vanilla and killing 3-8 at a time in Legion. Neither one posed a real challenge to me in the world. The raiding in Vanilla was WAY WAY fucking easier and it wouldn't matter if there was one raid difficulty again.

Go look at some numbers Blizz have provided over the years, the amount of people doing raid content is WAY less than you think. You just assume because you did it in Vanilla that EVERYONE was doing dungeons and raids and gearing up for it. The fact is many people in Vanilla failed to hit max level, some people just played tons of alts, some people did tradeskills and gathering. Fast forward to Legion and the SAME THING is true. Some people don't hit max level, some focus on alts, some do professions and NOW some people focus on pet battles, or achievements, or collecting mounts and so on.

Raiders and diehard elitists are in the minority in many facets and have ALWAYS been that minority. I LOVE raiding and have done it from Vanilla through Legion with very little gaps of missed time. I understand that many people will NEVER do heroic or mythic raiding. I also understand that many people do LFR and normal and that is it. What would happen if those modes no longer existed and only one difficulty was there? You'd see even LESS people raiding than now. It wouldn't be some revival of raiding and everyone conforms to one difficulty and puppies and kittens and rainbows.

Raids, dungeons, and PVP may be the holy trinity to YOU but the reality is even in Vanilla MANY of the players were casuals and the holy trinity to the majority of the playerbase in Vanilla would be Level, Alts, Professions with a sprinkling of PvP and group content. In Legion the 'holy trinity' of content would be all over the place because there are more things to do than ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just because you do not pet battle doesn't mean others do. It is still a popular feature. Side content is a good thing in an MMO. FF14 has a good amount of side content and while lacking in PvP it still keeps a fresh emphasis on raiding imo.
    Yup he just wants what works for him, which is Raiding, dungeons and PvP he does not care about the people that are actually playing the game and doing content he does not find suitable. Past data has shown just what content people are doing and it does not align with what he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    This mentality gave us WoD where was Raid or PvP or quit.
    Pretty much. Garrison crap or Raid or PvP or....unsub. Guess what option many picked.

From what people say,it looks like Vanilla had the same if not less content then retail or previous expansions but everything just take longer to accomplish
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-10-07 at 12:27 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

From what people say,it looks like Vanilla had the same if not less content then retail or previous expansions but everything just take longer to acompliesh
    Having played in Vanilla, it was largely just one giant Timesink compared to the overall amount of content.

From what people say,it looks like Vanilla had the same if not less content then retail or previous expansions but everything just take longer to acompliesh
    Pretty much exactly this.
    People got nostalgia goggles strapped on way too tight to see what was up, though.

I like how all the usual suspects are back furiously posting here.
    What's up? Legion not good enough to stand as its own defense?

And not one month after release ..

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post

I just post when I see things going on in the thread. I'm quite happy with Legion when compared to WoD and I'm on break during my raid and taking a minute to post.

Because someone can't post in a forum and still be playing the game...........

From what people say,it looks like Vanilla had the same if not less content then retail or previous expansions but everything just take longer to accomplish
    Combination of tuning issues, player lack of experience, and probably speed of certain grinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Im not playing...wish i was...but im not
    Mage Tower Final Result:

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Because someone can't post in a forum and still be playing the game...........
    Because having vanilla servers optional is bad.

That's how easy this argument is.

Vanilla servers would be there for people who want to play them, retail would be there for people who want to play them

Win/Win. Play them if you want, don't play them if you don't want to.
    (inb4 it would take away from content, Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company, I'm sure a team of 25-50 people for vanilla realms wouldn't hurt.)