Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Then he was a noob grinder

- - - Updated - - -

3 days 58 comments so many people. SO MANY
    It'll get bigger after Blizzcon I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Most players during Classic did not raid

*shocking i know*

- - - Updated - - -

I would play both Live as Classic
    i was a Fury warrior (Casual, i did not raid) back in Classic and only rarely tanked a dungeon. If i were giving the possibility i'd make a warrior again and go full prot
    Yet in these "vanilla" servers more ppl are raiding which makes it kinda odd when they say its the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It'll get bigger after Blizzcon I meant.
    I'm pretty sure there will be a different thread where its whining and how blizzard is evil incarnate.

That reddit is gonna explode and be hilarious to read if they don't announce them. Guarantee one or two "BUT MUH PROMISES BY BLIZZARD" or "DEY LIED TO US" comments will be there.
    Yes and no, if that happens it is still a possibility for Nost team to open up in Russia. I'm happy if Blizzard announce it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Yes and no, if that happens it is still a possibility for Nost team to open up in Russia. I'm happy if Blizzard announce it or not.
    Same but I imagine some crazies will go all out and make up shit like Blizzard promised them. If Nost do reopen in Russia then cool if not then meh not the end of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    That reddit is gonna explode and be hilarious to read if they don't announce them. Guarantee one or two "BUT MUH PROMISES BY BLIZZARD" or "DEY LIED TO US" comments will be there.
    none of that really matters. the only issue is what blizz says if anything at blizzcon. assuming a negative, the p/s community will sort it out to the limited degree it can (location, scripting, bugs, etc).

forum drama/outraged wrongs (on the outcome) is a low-value event.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yet in these "vanilla" servers more ppl are raiding which makes it kinda odd when they say its the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure there will be a different thread where its whining and how blizzard is evil incarnate.
    They are raiding because the on the private servers MC and BWL is faceroll.

BWL cleared in a week.....thats an authentic experience.

one of the things I really liked about the vanilla servers, aside from a much better sense of community

was the REAL fresh start. everyone starts at zero. I loved that about nost when I joined the PvE server. It was really great to start at zero with everyone. and leveling was a true adventure where I got to meet people I wanted to raid with at 60.

also having every alliance class atleast lvl 35 because I wanted 8 maxed alchemists lol

it is still a possibility for Nost team to open up in Russia.
    In that case they will be shut down pretty quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    one of the things I really liked about the vanilla servers, aside from a much better sense of community

was the REAL fresh start. everyone starts at zero. I loved that about nost when I joined the PvE server. It was really great to start at zero with everyone. and leveling was a true adventure where I got to meet people I wanted to raid with at 60.

also having every alliance class atleast lvl 35 because I wanted 8 maxed alchemists lol
    I miss the feeling of leveling via quests with tons of people doing the same.

I still remember the day me and a friend defeated a skull level horde player trying to kill us lowbies.
    It was epic.

I would not expect to see Nost reappear. The discontinuation of legal action against them and the trip to Blizzard HQ will not have been without strings, I have little doubt that Blizzard and their legal team have covered all bases when it comes to re-opening Nost, distribution of its source code, etc and that there are heavy penalties in place if Nost. fail to uphold their end of the bargain.

Deleted
    If Nost re-open in Russia they can clean they're ass with all the legal action that Blizzard send to them, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post

Well unless "Eternal Sunshine..." becomes a reality, people aren't going to be able to "unlearn" how to do fights they did hundreds of times 10 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    If Nost re-open in Russia they can clean they're ass with all the legal action that Blizzard send to them, so...
    Assuming Nost ever releases its source, which they promised they wouldn't when Blizzard flew them to California for the meet and greet. Blizzard doesn't seem to have upheld the "open line of communication" with Nost, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets "leaked" in the next few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I would not expect to see Nost reappear. The discontinuation of legal action against them and the trip to Blizzard HQ will not have been without strings, I have little doubt that Blizzard and their legal team have covered all bases when it comes to re-opening Nost, distribution of its source code, etc and that there are heavy penalties in place if Nost. fail to uphold their end of the bargain.
    yeah. folks cannot seem to realize the obvious. nost people personally won't be moving to russia. their hands are completely tied, if that postulated agreement is anything like what a fortune 500 company would set as a minimum hurdle to talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post

i am not sure if you are the right person to ask this question but

how hard would/were bwl/mc to clear in official 1.12, if you assume raid had not done any other raids (e.g. no t2 etc). I have read repeatedly that just talent/class changes along made those raids easier, but I am also aware there seems to be a bias in ps's to undertune raids, period. one bc server's much-touted kara release was cleared first night with no gear (except bs weapons?) higher than ilvl 115 available pre-kara (unless world bosses were already out, I dont recall, but that isn't that much gear for a server's raiding popultion).

as anyone who played bc knows, you didn't one-shot kara in ilvl 115 in one night no matter how well you knew the fights. maybe attumen and chess.?? you were almost definitely stopped at curator.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    how hard would/were bwl/mc to clear in official 1.12, if you assume raid had not done any other raids (e.g. no t2 etc).
    Here's some of factors in 1.12 that make MC and BWL easy as shit.

- Every class has been revamped by this point and improved, not always just in raw DPS but in meaningful areas, both in talents and spell design.
    - Gear is much better itemized in general (i.e. a lot more caster gear has spell damage and healing)
    - Molten Core and BWL items themselves have been improved since their initial release, so as your raid obtains loot from these raids they get stronger than they initially would have gotten.
    - Many bugfixes make the bosses easier (e.g. Vael will no longer randomly despawn and ruin your BWL raid)
    - Even before Youtube was ubiquitous, by this point your raid group can know every strategy for every boss.
    - The debuff limit is 16 instead of 8.

Not sure if by "they haven't done any other raids" you mean they haven't raided 20-mans either, but if you count gearing up there:

- ZG is available. 1.12 ZG gear is in many cases superior to Molten Core loot (in rare cases your BiS pre-AQ items are from ZG) and can be obtained quite easily on a short lockout.
    - On live servers, but typically not on private servers, AQ20 would be available as well, and a lot of AQ20 gear is comparable to or superior to early BWL epics.
    - You can get an extremely strong world buff from Hakkar as well as the ZG enchants.
    - On a small server you also might be able to get gear from the Dragons of Nightmare but this would likely require a raid-geared group to get down.

These factors combine to make private sever Molten Core and BWL, even if it's 100% accurate to retail, considerably easier than any modern raid.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-10-20 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Here's some of factors in 1.12 that make MC and BWL easy as shit.

- Every class has been revamped by this point and improved, not always just in raw DPS but in meaningful areas, both in talents and spell design.
    - Gear is much better itemized in general (i.e. a lot more caster gear has spell damage and healing)
    - Molten Core and BWL items themselves have been improved since their initial release, so as your raid obtains loot from these raids they get stronger than they initially would have gotten.
    - Many bugfixes make the bosses easier (e.g. Vael will no longer randomly despawn and ruin your BWL raid)
    - Even before Youtube was ubiquitous, by this point your raid group can know every strategy for every boss.

Not sure if by "they haven't done any other raids" you mean they haven't raided 20-mans either, but if you count gearing up there:

- ZG is available. 1.12 ZG gear is in many cases superior to Molten Core loot (in rare cases your BiS pre-AQ items are from ZG) and can be obtained quite easily on a short lockout.
    - On live servers, but typically not on private servers, AQ20 would be available as well, and a lot of AQ20 gear is comparable to or superior to early BWL epics.
    - You can get an extremely strong world buff from Hakkar as well as the ZG enchants.

These factors combine to make private sever Molten Core and BWL, even if it's 100% accurate to retail, considerably easier than any modern raid.
    Sounds like the true Vanilla experience those people that play on Private Servers are looking for . Too bad that was not true to what Vanilla really was. Like I said before they don't want the true Vanilla experience just VanillaLite and that is what they get with Nost. It still strikes me as funny that is the type of Vanilla they are championing for and not the real Vanilla experience where raids were a lot harder due to many specs not being tuned well and gear being really poor. They want the 'hard/slow' level grind still but they want classes to be improved and gear to rain from the skies. Sounds pretty shitty.

Does 1.12 also make the honor items really easy to obtain like the overpowered weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    yeah. folks cannot seem to realize the obvious. nost people personally won't be moving to russia. their hands are completely tied, if that postulated agreement is anything like what a fortune 500 company would set as a minimum hurdle to talk.

- - - Updated - - -

i am not sure if you are the right person to ask this question but

how hard would/were bwl/mc to clear in official 1.12, if you assume raid had not done any other raids (e.g. no t2 etc). I have read repeatedly that just talent/class changes along made those raids easier, but I am also aware there seems to be a bias in ps's to undertune raids, period. one bc server's much-touted kara release was cleared first night with no gear (except bs weapons?) higher than ilvl 115 available pre-kara (unless world bosses were already out, I dont recall, but that isn't that much gear for a server's raiding popultion).

as anyone who played bc knows, you didn't one-shot kara in ilvl 115 in one night no matter how well you knew the fights. maybe attumen and chess.?? you were almost definitely stopped at curator.
    Yeah I see your point. With 1.12 and all the new talents, and class balance changes.
    Plus a little more availability of gear it could be much easier.

I guess much easier than rolling into MC with Dungeon sets or blues from Dire Maul.
    Maybe 20 of your 40 raid members a had a purple from Ony.

I guess I am being old and crotchety with a get off my lawn attitude. I would try Legacy, but I doubt it would hold me

If THEY want legacy dammit then THEY are going to farm Black Lotus for 4 hours a week and fish up Eels for hours on end so you can raid.....and dont forget about farming elemental fire!

I could go on.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sounds like the true Vanilla experience those people that play on Private Servers are looking for . Too bad that was not true to what Vanilla really was.
    Well, look - 1.12 was a Vanilla experience. It wasn't the only one, or the one from the game's launch, but private servers and legacy realms cannot operate as a time machine. I don't think anyone can reasonably ask them to reproduce the state of every one of the dozens of patches and hotfixes through an expansion's lifetime. This isn't the model other games' private servers or legacy realms operate on either.

Some people were doing MC and BWL for the first time ever in 1.12. "Frozen state" realms like Nostalrius can (not necessarily did, but can theoretically) offer a very accurate reproduction of this experience. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as long as you go into it with eyes open.

Playing on a Wrath private server is a lot different than playing Wrath in 2008 until Cataclysm came out. But it's very similar to beginning during the year of Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Well, look - 1.12 was a Vanilla experience. It wasn't the only one, or the one from the game's launch, but private servers and legacy realms cannot operate as a time machine. I don't think anyone can reasonably ask them to reproduce the state of every one of the dozens of patches and hotfixes through an expansion's lifetime. This isn't the model other games' private servers or legacy realms operate on either.

Some people were doing MC and BWL for the first time ever in 1.12. "Frozen state" realms like Nostalrius can (not necessarily did, but can theoretically) offer a very accurate reproduction of this experience. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as long as you go into it with eyes open.

Playing on a Wrath private server is a lot different than playing Wrath in 2008 until Cataclysm came out. But it's very similar to beginning during the year of Icecrown.
    I get that, it IS a Vanilla experience but most of the people that are Pro-Legacy in this thread are trying to make it sound like it is as true in difficulty as Vanilla was ~12 years ago. The classes and specs are on 1.12, gear is far easier to get. It is just an EASIER experience, as it was right near the end of Vanilla leading into TBC. If they were honest about that I wouldn't have a problem but they think is how Vanilla was ~12 years ago when MC was first being raided. I mean that has been one of my big gripes in this thread over its duration is how some of these people (who didn't play ~12 years ago) claim it is totally authentic in difficulty. It is why I've started calling it VanillaLite. It IS Vanilla, just not the Vanilla some of us knew throughout the life of Vanilla before TBC hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If they get to opening the new Nost, why do you assume whoever'd do this would declare their true identities?
    Silly it doesnt matter who TRIES to make up a new Nost the day its opened, the Nost dudes that visited Blizzard get dragged into court and thrown into jail.
    Why do you think Nost DIDNT released their game data yet like they promised?