Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Man that rock you're living under must be heavy if you're this painfully ignorant.

Pro tip: The website isn't about a shitty expansion, it's more than that.
    Pro tip: Kill yourself you criminal.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-04-07 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Blizz is butthurt because nost was growing bigger than official wow, deal with it, i really hope legion will be the last expansion, a game in the actual state doesn't deserve to live...
    You think that realm had millions of players? Get real. There are a few thousand nostalgic people that refuse to let go of the past, and desperately try to relive their memories through a game that's mostly about the eternal grind to 60.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Steal? How is it stealing?

They're not taking money for anything, how is this any different than Fair use?
    If you posted the entire show of Friends on youtube for free it's still stealing, dude.
    As for Fair use don't throw that term around if you don't know what it entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Thieves? You mean like when you hear songs on youtube?
    "Copyright Infringement" is dangerous and bad for society! Jail for 30 years!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkinn View Post
    Pro tip: Kill yourself you criminal.
    Oh please. I hate to defend this guy but he's hardly done something that warrants the death penalty. I mean yes like I said it's theft but by your logic all theft should be punished with death then?

Blizz is butthurt because nost was growing bigger than official wow, deal with it
    These delusions are getting quite comical. I wish I had popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I am a member in a 40 man raid guild on Nostalrius.

My guild mates are now thinking where to migrate (another private server) so as to continue raid together as a guild.

Not one of us wants to play WoW in its current form. We believe WoW's present incarnation is so much changed so as not to be WoW at all.

Just wanting to clarify that Blizzard won't get our subs back. I stopped playing retail 2 years ago or so and will never re-sub.
    How the hell do you somehow manifest fun out of the same 4 raids over and over and over.

I mean. If you enjoy it. Cool. But jesus if I had to do hellpacks one more time in BWL I'd never play wow again.

OT: Just because someone isn't making money off of something doesn't mean they get to reap the benefits of it at no cost.

If an author posts a digital version of a book on kindle and i hack/steal it. I'm still stealing it. Just because I'm not reproducing it and making money off of those reproductions doesn't magically make it ok.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    These delusions are getting quite comical. I wish I had popcorn.
    Want some of mine? It's salty

What a garbage company.

edit: Wow these forums are actually worse than reddit.

Blizz is butthurt because nost was growing bigger than official wow, deal with it, i really hope legion will be the last expansion, a game in the actual state doesn't deserve to live...
    Sounds like you are the one who is butthurt. The tears are salty but sweet at the same time. Delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Kind of like every second word that gets typed from the keyboard Blizzard must be paying for because no one has brown nosed this hard in history.

Had you even done 7 seconds of research you'd beable to figure out how popular the servers were, but of course the opinions of a naive onlooker are valid.
    LOL I did look it up, I actually played on it for a bit and I was quickly reminded just how trashy it was.

The only thing that is legitimately verifiable is the nightly active players and the server crapping out at around 16k players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    You think that realm had millions of players? Get real. There are a few thousand nostalgic people that refuse to let go of the past, and desperately try to relive their memories through a game that's mostly about the eternal grind to 60.
    800,000 registered accounts and 150,000 of them being active seems pretty impressive for something as shady and underground as a MMORPG private server though.

Part of me is laughing about it though because they caused Blizzard zero problems at all until they decided to have it shut down, no they can't even keep the live servers up because of that decision. Brilliant Blizzard, just brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play Nos, but it's making me sick to my stomach reading all of these comments. Why be happy THOUSANDS of people are losing something they enjoyed playing simply.. because? It doesn't effect you, or blizzard for that matter in the slightest. Most, if not all, will not return to retail WoW anyway. I really don't understand people these days, what makes stomping all over people's enjoyment or sadness fun? In the end it was still the same game it was now, just at a different time. You should be happy even more people were enjoying a game we all love playing at one point or another.

https://gyazo.com/6b30f4f1fbd55e9e0dac062a535a76e0
    https://gyazo.com/3748aac35825b133a85d00265e9e1843
    https://gyazo.com/e625fc294be835a332644363dbff73d3

3k + 60s in one spot aoeing and shit posting RIP NOST it was good well it lasted shame blizzard is to stubborn to go back to their old business model.

All they would have to do would be make one difficulty and their sub numbers would instantly jump. First tier of raid somewhat easy with somewhat hard last boss, 2nd tier of raids gaining difficulty 1 or 2 easy bosses 2-3 hard ones last tier of the xpac should rape you and your raid in every single way possible and should be near impossible to clear.

Can't play WoW now and haven't for years what incentive is their to play? Everyone has the same looking gear, I don't want shitters to have the same tier pieces as me I don't want them to even see the same bosses as me. If I'm going to play and put the time in just to do "mythic mode" whats the point if all I gain from it is an achievement and recolored gear over some shitter who logs in with zero clue to play for fun.

WoW died after sunwell RIP BLIZZARD 95' - 08' (D2 > D3 - SCBW>SC2 - OLD WOW > NEW WOW)

Fuck this. Let's hope someone will create another server like this in future.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    What a garbage company.
    They really are. An absolute joke compared to their early 2000s version.

How far the mighty fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Steal? How is it stealing?

They're not taking money for anything, how is this any different than Fair use?
    Fair use, while a pretty nebulous concept, usually requires:

a) That only a portion of the original work is reproduced.
    b) Some added amount of rearrangement or commentary on the original work.
    c) The reproduction has minimal effect on the market.

If Nostralius was just reproducing one zone and added commentary on the game design or whatever, they'd probably be fine. What they did was most definitely not fair use.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with intellectual property - Nostalrius has been around for years. Even longer if you take into account it's previous incarnations.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the severe, severe drought of players the game is experiencing. The very reason they stopped reporting subscribers. Why? Because Nostalrius was nearing one million registered player accounts, a milestone they had been quietly approaching ever since Warlords drowned and the franchise started to crash.

They want each and every player they can possibly get back in order to prop up what is likely going to be a mediocre launch of Legion, and the decline to follow which would herald the bottoming out of the WoW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    If you posted the entire show of Friends on youtube for free it's still stealing, dude.
    As for Fair use don't throw that term around if you don't know what it entails.
    Fair use pretty much entails anything educational or something that might create a discussion, I wonder what Nostralius did in terms of creating discussions...

Also, it's a game mode that's over 10 years old. Blizzard getting butthurt over one of the only servers that don't try and make money off of it is a bit bizarre as well no?