10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it civil. Stop baiting people by calling them "kid".

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I never played EQ, but from what I understand all that separates WoW from EQ was time. For example, it took hours for a boat to travel between continents when in WoW it's every few minutes. That's more of a quality of life than being casual. Also, just because WoW was made more "accessible" doesn't mean the game was originally meant for a casual audience. That's like taking a Vanilla pudding and then someone adds some cinnamon and now you declare it a cinnamon pudding. Nowadays Blizzard has been pouring so much Cinnamon that it really is a Cinnamon pudding. It's like the Cinnamon Challenge where it's making you want to throw up.
    I think accessible is actually what people mostly mean when it's said that Vanilla was casual, or that WoW today is casual. Vanilla was accessible back then in comparison to Everquest and such games at that time. Live WoW is accessible in comparison to Vanilla.

Especially in Vanilla vs Everquest case, I suppose (never played EQ and don't know that much myself).

On the Vanilla vs Current case I suppose Casual fits a bit better as Vanilla required more dedication/commitement in all fronts to complete the content, whereas currently the content that required dedication/commitment is completly optional (ie you can see almost all quests, dungeons and raids without getting into the harder modes).

(PS: Love and peace!)
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-26 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's a southern thing more than a "baiting" thing, but okie dokie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In all honesty I think this was always going to be the most likely outcome regarding a Blizzcon announcement.
    yes, it avoids the (unlikely) yes and also avoids simply saying no never period (which I would have been baffled to have seen them do on this occasion) even if that in fact is their decision.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I think accessible is actually what people mostly mean when it's said that Vanilla was casual, or that WoW today is casual. Vanilla was accessible back then in comparison to Everquest and such games at that time. Live WoW is accessible in comparison to Vanilla.

Especially in Vanilla vs Everquest case, I suppose (never played EQ and don't know that much myself).

On the Vanilla vs Current case I suppose Casual fits a bit better as Vanilla required more dedication/commitement in all fronts to complete the content, whereas currently the content that required dedication/commitment is completly optional (ie you can see almost all quests, dungeons and raids without getting into the harder modes).

Vanilla was the casual alternative to EQ and Dark Age of Camelot no doubt about that. But compared to back then WoW is way more accessible today than it ever has been.

https://i.imgsafe.org/0f9eb9ef90.jpg

The plot thickens. (Or not. No context on that, from /wowservers reddit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What fucking word? They never promised shit or gave us their word along the lines of Pristine or Legacy happening. Pristine was just a basic idea they had to shut people up and they said they would be looking into Legacy and that they will not be discussing it at Blizzcon. Knew it wouldn't take long before people came in here spouting garbage like "but blizzard gave me their word" or "blizzard promised us". Absolutely laughable.
    I agree with @Eleccybubb here. Blizzard gave no promise of anything, they just said they would look into pristine servers.

Personally I can't wait for Blizzard to shoot the idea of Legacy servers down and quiet down the few people who still want them.

Interesting, that looks like a picture of large banner or screen rather than a screen shot. Although it could well be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree with @Eleccybubb here. Blizzard gave no promise of anything, they just said they would look into pristine servers.

Personally I can't wait for Blizzard to shoot the idea of Legacy servers down and quiet down the few people who still want them.
    I want them. i just know nothing was promised, hinted, heavily implied or given word on. Actually they did say they would look into the possibility of Legacy and threw Pristine at us which was heavily shot down and criticised. Pristine just wouldn't work unless they tuned levelling to make it harder again. Levelling currently is already easy without heirlooms, potions and buffs it just takes a bit longer.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-26 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I want them. i just know nothing was promised, hinted, heavily implied or given word on.
    I definitely agree with you here. Nothing was hinted or promised at all.

OMG! Looks legit to me!

Deleted
    I think it's very bad for Blizzard to not take the hype train going on right now.

If Nost relaunches and Blizzard doesn't announce legacy servers...everyone and their mothers is going to play on the Nost server and join the hype. Which is bad.
    IF Blizzard said something in the lines of "We are already working on Legacy servers" everyone would wait for the official Blizzard's servers and not go play in some pirate server.

If Nost relaunches is going to be a shitfest of "Oh snap Blizzard, what are you going to do now?".
    Nostalrius is getting to much publicity. I don't even know if MMO-C will allow this thread to live if Nostalrius decides to re-open. I guess mods would have to lock this thread or at least change the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interesting, that looks like a picture of large banner or screen rather than a screen shot. Although it could well be fake.
    Aye. A pretty well made one, but most likely fake, sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Same, but because I want Nost running the servers and not Blizzard.

There's quite a history of blurred images being fake. Looks cool though, hope its real.

Legacy servers need to die already please move on with the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyzr View Post
    Same, but because I want Nost running the servers and not Blizzard.
    I hope that blizzard nixes the idea all together, but I suppose IF they do happen to create some partnership with another company (nostalrious) then I hope that they still charge the $15 per month subscription fee, and maybe a classic server surcharge of another 3-5 dollars per month. So you would have access to both Legion, and the Nost servers.

Blizzard needs to profit off these players just like they do from regular paying customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    But I am a kid. A Toys R Us Kid.

Ain't it the truth.

Why does everything good have to be until 2017? What do I do in the mean time, play Legion? I could replay Dark Souls 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    While there is evidence to support all of this being upgraded, what evidence (and not opinions) is there to support the claim that players have gotten better? Zero, zip, nada!
    World first players in Vanilla (and even early TBC) were clicking their spells, typing messages to other people during the boss attempt, keyboard turning, autoattacking and zoning out when they have abilities up, not using voicecom to coordinate things, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Legacy servers need to die already please move on with the time.
    The more the game moves forward the farther from the Vanilla experience it gets.
    In retail its impossible to change LFR, LFG, Aggro management, Mana management, Transmog, epics rarity, server community, raid gating etc

And some people enjoy those aspects of the game.