Deleted
    Hunters weren't that easy in Vanilla. Keeping your pet fed was pretty costly, you had a throng of pets to choose from, had to tame a lot to level up your skills, ammo was pretty expensive.
    We're talking about strictly open world pve, at which Hunters hands down was the easiest class to play. Also, pets weren't that extremely hard to manage, it was just the first 2 hours which were a pain. At loyalty level 6 you could've kept your pet happy using the meat that dropped from mobs and still have enough meat to make some food or something.

Not -THAT- bad, you can find a group to any dungeon within minutes as a tank.

One dungeon run gives you a level, allowing you to outlevel the ZONE you quest in, making levelling easier.
    Again, we're talking about open world PVE. Also, even if you outlevel an area by one or 2 levels, you'd still have to be careful as fighting 2+ mobs alone would most probably be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How is it defending Blizzard when the fact is hosting a server is illegal?
    That has yet to be proven. You need one hell of a lawyer to see if that's the case.
    Seriously. Yes screaming thieves and illegal consistently by a few people in this thread isn't constructive but you acting like you are owed it somehow is not either.
    I bought the game and can't play the game I want to play. If I added up all the subscription fees and character transfers I've paid, it would be well over $1k. For a game that most games today don't charge for online play. It's illegal and I can't get the product I paid for? Something wrong there.
    You knew when you bought WoW the game would evolve and change over time the minute they announced the first expansion.
    Evolve for the better, not for the worse. And I agree what I just said is subjective, but that's how things like this go. But you know you screwed up when a sizable amount of your player base wants the original obsolete version.

The facts are Blizzard were well within their rights to shut down this illegally hosted server.
    Within their legal rights? Maybe? Within their moral rights? Definitely not.
    You can spin it how you want that is the fact of the argument. I want Legacy as much as the next person but I'm at least willing to see the facts in this argument and not throw a tantrum acting like I'm owed it.
    There are lots of other Classic WoW servers on the internet, but we want Nostalrius cause they got it right. "Illegal" servers will always exist, but nothing as good and as accurate as Nostalrius. Arguing on the internet doesn't change that these servers are still operating with or without Blizzards consent. Nostalrius could do the same thing, again with or without Blizzards consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That has yet to be proven. You need one hell of a lawyer to see if that's the case.

I bought the game and can't play the game I want to play. If I added up all the subscription fees and character transfers I've paid, it would be well over $1k. For a game that most games today don't charge for online play. It's illegal and I can't get the product I paid for? Something wrong there.

Evolve for the better, not for the worse. And I agree what I just said is subjective, but that's how things like this go. But you know you screwed up when a sizable amount of your player base wants the original obsolete version.

Within their legal rights? Maybe? Within their moral rights? Definitely not.

There are lots of other Classic WoW servers on the internet, but we want Nostalrius cause they got it right. "Illegal" servers will always exist, but nothing as good and as accurate as Nostalrius. Arguing on the internet doesn't change that these servers are still operating with or without Blizzards consent. Nostalrius could do the same thing, again with or without Blizzards consent.
    Hosting one is illegal. There is no debate to that. It's Blizzards IP.

Again you knew that you were buying into an ever evolving a game and Blizzard don't owe you some loyalty crap because you chose to spend money. So not illegal. You knew the game would change over time. You willingly paid them money knowing that. Also their intentions to change any core aspect or major overhauls are announced way in advance so again you could choose to avoid the product.

At least you admitted it is subjective.

Law>Morality in a situation like this always. Especially when it's about protecting their IP

That they can and it is their choice to do so at the risk of being shutdown again.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-05 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    I posted earlier, it's ilegal if you make financial profit of it, so NO, in that case NOST is not ilegal. Other servers are cause they have cash shops and shit. Fuck even i know 3 Legion private servers. Butthey don't shut that down, they go after Nost. BRAVO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    I posted earlier, it's ilegal if you make financial profit of it, so NO, in that case NOST is not ilegal. Other servers are cause they have cash shops and shit. Fuck even i know 3 Legion private servers. Butthey don't shut that down, they go after Nost. BRAVO
    Its using their IP without premission, which is illegal. They dont have to make a buck out of it to be breaking copyright law. They can use whatever code they want, aslong its a massive staple of "world of warcraft" on it, its blizzards IP.

Deleted
    WoW it's Blizzard IP, TRUE, but the law is pretty clear, no profit, LEGAL, profit, ILEGAL.

Deleted
    WoW it's Blizzard IP, TRUE, but the law is pretty clear, no profit, LEGAL, profit, ILEGAL.
    That is not how it works.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you would, please link me to what laws you've seen that states that infringing copyright laws regardless of profit is the determating factor if its illegal or not, I cant seem to find it anywhere. My googling skills are as low as my coffaine count in my blood.

Deleted
    My early post:

It shall be punished with imprisonment of six months to four years and a fine of twelve to twenty four months, with the intention of obtaining a direct or indirect financial benefit and to the detriment of third, reproduce, plagiarize, distribute, communicate publicly or any otherwise exploited economically, in whole or in part, a work or literary, artistic or scientific benefit, or its transformation, interpretation or performance fixed in any medium or communicated by any means
    That's basically the law in Europe. If u are american, i don't know the law, but in Europe in basically all countries that's the law.

my brain hurts trying to read it

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    my brain hurts trying to read it

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html
    That's US law, i'm European not american, plus Nost was hosted on France, EUROPE, so it's under European law, and under european law, it's legal.

That's basically the law in Europe.
    Why are you quoting the criminal law? Quote the civil one.

That's US law, i'm European not american, plus Nost was hosted on France, EUROPE, so it's under European law, and under european law, it's legal.
    Pretty common knowledge Nost accepted donations as well. So your argument about making profit is out the window anyway.

Deleted
    Pretty common knowledge Nost accepted donations as well. So your argument about making profit is out the window anyway.
    The accept donations not for them but for the hosting, so in that case they cand demand the hosting provider, not Nost

The accept donations not for them but for the hosting, so in that case they cand demand the hosting provider, not Nost
    Which is why the Cease and Desist was sent to the host and not Nost directly.

Deleted
    My early post:

It shall be punished with imprisonment of six months to four years and a fine of twelve to twenty four months, with the intention of obtaining a direct or indirect financial benefit and to the detriment of third, reproduce, plagiarize, distribute, communicate publicly or any otherwise exploited economically, in whole or in part, a work or literary, artistic or scientific benefit, or its transformation, interpretation or performance fixed in any medium or communicated by any means

That's basically the law in Europe. If u are american, i don't know the law, but in Europe in basically all countries that's the law.
    It says, in whole or in part.
    So it is not only illegal to gain direct/indirect financial benefit from it, but also reproducing, plagiarizing, distributing.

Deleted
    WITH THE INTENTION OF OBTAINING A DIRECT OR INDIRECT FINANCIAL BENEFIT.

Seriously, i'm from Spain and in here, ON COURT, a lot of company's demands go off cause the people behind X things are not making profit (i can show you many). Same on France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Portugal, etc...

Again, i'm not american so i'm talking a a European, if Nost was hosted in america, yes, totally ILEGAL, not in Europe.

Absolutelly. That's why i said earlier, Nost do nothing wrong and it's not ilegal.

you wanted to know US law about it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    you wanted to know US law about it.
    Sure, thank's for the info.

American laws (not in that case, i'm talking generally) are fucked up in many ways, especially having diferent for every state.

you seem to be a boring dude, and whilst blizzard can take action in Europe, I'd like to see what they will do once its hosted in Russia. Blizzard won't have entitlement to anything under Russian law and the server is gonna go on and on and on.