Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    issue is with offline mode is lets say your on the game offline mode, and your freind gets on and /whos you or sees you out in the world, then tries to whisper you and it says offline
    you have just /ignored your freind.... their not going to be your freind for long
    if you dont want people bothering you put your setting to do not disturb, people rather see you "hey im not in the mood to talk right now" then "hey im gunna hide from you so you dont know im on, so you dont talk to me"
    Yea basically an offline mode wont hide you from people when they want to find u.

10+ Year Old Account
    issue is with offline mode is lets say your on the game offline mode, and your freind gets on and /whos you, then tries to whisper you and it says offline
    you have just /ignored your freind.... their not going to be your freind for long
    I suppose that's stupidly simple to code so that every friend you have added can't /who you if you're toggled into offline mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I have heard that the new Russian host of Nostalrius II has had six (6) C&D letters from Blizzard over the past 12 years that they have been running a WoW private server.

I also heard that they used said letters to wipe their asses.

So yeah, let's see Blizzard "bring down the hammer". Do your worst, man. Also, make sure to sue them. They have ran out of toilet paper.

thats the stupidist fucking thing in the world
    what kinda fucking idiot would use printing paper to wipe
    1. clog your toliet easier
    2. paper cuts, and a cut in the ass is very bad, because of the germs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I suppose that's stupidly simple to code so that every friend you have added can't /who you if you're offline.
    then they cant see you out in the world?

and /offlining would that make NO ONE able to whisper you? that would make TONS of people annoyed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    thats the stupidist fucking thing in the world
    what kinda fucking idiot would use printing paper to wipe
    1. clog your toliet easier
    2. paper cuts, and a cut in the ass is very bad, because of the germs
    I've been saying they're asshats for a long time, that'd explain how they dealt with it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Please do not lecture me about "knowing everything" then follow it up with a bunch of bullshit presumptions on your part. You enjoyed the artificial gating. I'm glad. I'm glad you got to be part of the elite few players who ever even saw endgame content in TBC/Vanilla. I'm happy that you have fond memories of it. But the fact is that WoW would never had seen the success it did in WotLK had Blizzard maintained the same philosophy. Your personal rose-tinted recollections of Vanilla WoW may be shared among players who desire Legacy realms but when you make the incorrect broad assumption that this is something "most" people want back in the current game, it disservices your entire argument.
    Hahahaha, you can always meet the funniest people on the internet! Those are not presumptions, those are facts. Bosses DID drop 2 to 3 items. Raids WERE barred from entry into the next tier of raiding because of gear based power level and needing to farm more gear. Taking time to craft entire sets of resistant gear took a very long time and prevented guilds from killing certain bosses. Not opinions.

Speaking of presumptions, saying blizzard never would have been successful with maintaining it's philosophy, do you mean the only time in wow history of stable growth? The vanilla to WotLK era of WoW when this philosophy of gating and grinding was in full effect? Comon mate.

Also, more presumptions, you assume I played vanilla didn't you? I'm some high end raider from the good old days? I joined at the very end of BC and only started raiding in late WotLK. I have no rose-tinted goggles and I think vanilla WoW is the shit. Please check out that log in your eye sometime before you notice the splinter in mine.

Deleted
    2. paper cuts, and a cut in the ass is very bad
    In Russia, ass cuts paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    then they cant see you out in the world?

and /offlining would that make NO ONE able to whisper you? that would make TONS of people annoyed
    No no, I was imagining just the people in your friends list can't ping you. And just have you phase out of all your friend's phase too, or something like that.

Idk, I personally think an offline mode in a friend-centric game is stupid, I'm just thinking about ways to approach it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    No no, I was imagining just the people in your friends list can't ping you. And just have you phase out of all your friend's phase too, or something like that.

Idk, I personally think an offline mode in a friend-centric game is stupid, I'm just thinking about ways to approach it.
    yeah... offline mode would not work
    cause then your freinds could still see you out in the world, and if they did then yeah that would ruin a freindship quick "wtf john your avoiding me? and now your ignoring me? you could have just set DnD and i woulda left you alone!"

and they cant phase you out, because then everyone would do it, to have no competition for rares, farming locations, or herbs/ores

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Care to share your information then?
    By all means, after you...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    You only think they would, but they wouldn't.
    so
    the petition was a petition that was easy to sign up for, and possible to bot, way back when it started i posted in this very forum talking about how you could automate it to do everything except enter that "match the letters" that you had to do manually

i did 5 and posted them just to show
    the petition was FREEEEEE to sign and guess what?
    it only got 300k sigs

so 300k peopl who FOR FREE said "i would like legacy"
    so lets say 2/3erds actuallty end up honoring there word/arnt bots/duplicates, as 15$ a month may be way too much for people, and they just stick to the free private servers (as a poll was done back then, asking "Would you play legacy servers if they cost, 15$, would you play them if they were 10$, 5$, or free, or would you not play them even if they were free" and there was alot in EVERY option, there was a huge amount who even if legacy servers came up, wouldent play them cause "its blizzard, their horrid, they would fuck it all up"
    do you think making legacy servers woudl be worth 200k people?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilkarik View Post
    Hahahaha, you can always meet the funniest people on the internet! Those are not presumptions, those are facts. Bosses DID drop 2 to 3 items. Raids WERE barred from entry into the next tier of raiding because of gear based power level and needing to farm more gear. Taking time to craft entire sets of resistant gear took a very long time and prevented guilds from killing certain bosses. Not opinions.

Speaking of presumptions, saying blizzard never would have been successful with maintaining it's philosophy, do you mean the only time in wow history of stable growth? The vanilla to WotLK era of WoW when this philosophy of gating and grinding was in full effect? Comon mate.

Also, more presumptions, you assume I played vanilla didn't you? I'm some high end raider from the good old days? I joined at the very end of BC and only started raiding in late WotLK. I have no rose-tinted goggles and I think vanilla WoW is the shit. Please check out that log in your eye sometime before you notice the splinter in mine.
    Jesus fucking Christ. Is English a second language? I cannot believe I have to even bother responding to you since reading comprehension is the least of your worries.

"Stable growth" only exists until you reach market saturation, which WoW likely achieved in WotLK. Once you've reached market saturation, there's this fancy little thing called churn rate which determines how successful your subscription based service is. WotLK's churn was the lowest it's ever been (and the lowest it'll likely ever be). If you honestly think that WoW would have continued the stratospheric growth it had from Vanilla to TBC simply because there were artificial gating mechanisms and attunements than you are quite a bit more stupid than I had originally feared. The fact that you didn't even play the game back then makes the entire basis of your argument even more laughable.

But sure, go ahead and keep pretending the Vanilla/TBC model had infinite potential. I personally enjoy the fairy tales you guys concoct to defend yourselves.

Deleted
    Reading the latest news about it, seems Blizz have just made it worse and the feelings in the community have been damaged very badly.

Deleted
    After all, its a 100% sure bet right?
    Pretty much, when they decide to do it, they'll make more than a few buck on them.

Deleted
    do you think making legacy servers woudl be worth 200k people?
    Lol yes.
    Half the MMO's out there would kill to have those numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    Reading the latest news about it, seems Blizz have just made it worse and the feelings in the community have been damaged very badly.
    How did blizz make it worse? Most of the drama has come from the nost forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol yes.
    Half the mmo's out there isn't currently running a game with a few million playing.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I doubt it's that costly. Look at Elysium, with an amateur team they'll do it in a month.
    Another one who doesn't know the difference between emulation and the real deal... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol yes.
    lol.... the money and time it would take, and server upkeep it would take would so be worth 200k people for like 2 months

Some like the knowledge they can reach it.
    So... a different 'dangling carrot'?

Deleted
    Nice edit. So show us your information to back this up then.
    As I said, show me yours and I'll show you mine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    How did blizz make it worse? Most of the drama has come from the nost forums.
    That is how it has always been, Legacy people blame Blizzard & Retail fans for making things worse by not listening to their demands & wants for a legacy server. But in reality, Legacy people have just been very immature about the whole thing & can't accept the fact people don't want them bombarding forums about it all.

I like the idea of the servers & signed the 1st petition to show my interest in it. but that was during WoD's content drought & in my opinion with Legion doing well & the future for it looks great. I have no need for a legacy at this time.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2016-11-06 at 11:48 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.