Quote Originally Posted by Manzothesaw View Post
    No he's not, this thread is full of people making false claims to try and downplay the community, aka liars and/or trolls.
    Oh please stop pretending the Pro Legacy community is all sunshine and rainbows with that one sided nonsense. Both sides are as bad as each other when it comes to the full on Zealotry.

Deleted
    No he's not, this thread is full of people making false claims to try and downplay the community, aka liars and/or trolls.
    The only person I see here making false claims is you mate, also calling other people troll's is against forum rules so I will have to report you.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I am not against legacy servers, I hope they happen.
    I just don't believe these made up numbers people keep trowing out there.
    Not one piece of actual data has been posted thats actually a credible source that will prove this will be a long lasting product for the amount of players people keep saying.

People are speaking from the heart as they want something and feel very strongly about it but no one is looking at the facts and not some made up shit.

"I believe" and "I think" is not data we can actually do anything with.

Again I hope it will happen as we can finally close this tread and move on but I still have not seen a single piece of evidence to make me believe this is a good investment.
    ok i'm not going to embed this because it's fucking huge, but here.
    https://en.nostalrius.org/medias/infographic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...king-seriously

I would like to respond to Ion as a member of the Nostalrius community:

Hey Ion, I believe that Blizzard, following their denial to make any Legacy-related announcement at Blizzcon, has pretty much lost all credibility in our eyes.

I think that it is quite clear at this stage, especially in view of the Viper@Nostalrius announcement posted today at Nostalrius forums, that Blizzard merely wanted to buy time when they promised us Legacy servers in the summer. We do not believe that you guys are serious when you say you want to do legacy servers.

I believe that your statements constantly relegating Legacy Servers ad calendae Romanorum is just PR damage control and you make them so that you won't anger many of your fans like it happened with the J. Allen Brack fiasco after you shut down Nostalrius I.

Sorry, but we no longer buy any of your lies. The ball is in our ballpark now, and we intend to play.
    Nonsense like this is what hurts Pro Legacy people. When they get all high and mighty and start making up stuff such as "Blizzard Promised" or act like they speak for the entire Pro Legacy community. Hell the best one was the guy who claimed he had contact with the Nostalrius devs and he knew what was happening on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    i sure hope this time this nostalgius server can stay low, otherwise it might not end as nicely as the last time
    1. Nostalrius shut down the first time on receipt of the C&D letter because the Team considered themselves fans, and because they wanted to discuss with Blizzard the launch of Blizzard Legacy servers.

2. Project Valkyrie has been online for around 12 years. During that time, as they said, they have received a great number of C&D letters which they simply ignored.

3. If Blizzard send C&D letters, we will ignore them this time entirely. If they insist, the servers will go somewhere Blizzard can't reach.

Examples:

a. Russia
    b. Serbia
    c. Athens, Greece, Exarcheia.

Exarcheia is the home of the largest Anarcho-communist movement in Europe, and it is virtually an independent state-like Anarchic Commune where Police does not dare enter and the Greek state cannot enforce laws.

As for servers, they can be hosted in the University Of Athens, where the Anarcho-Communists are in complete control of the University's servers for the past 10 years or so, and INDYMEDIA.gr is also hosted.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Exarcheia is the home of the largest Anarcho-communist movement in Europe, and it is virtually an independent state-like Anarchic Commune where Police does not dare enter and the Greek state cannot enforce laws.

As for servers, they can be hosted in the University Of Athens, where the Anarcho-Communists are in complete control of the University's servers for the past 10 years or so, and INDYMEDIA.gr is also hosted.
    Live and learn... you have an interesting arrangement there.

Wasn't Nost going to shut down initially anyway because the servers weren't being paid for or did I imagine that?

Deleted
    ok i'm not going to embed this because it's fucking huge, but here.
    https://en.nostalrius.org/medias/infographic.jpg
    1. Nost can say anything they want, I don't see proof that this is actually true. A group of people stealing stuff from a company and running an illegal server isn't really the best source id say.
    2. What defines active accounts? I had an account there hardly played it? Does that one count?
    3. 800.000 accounts made over how long? How many people actually played on a daily basis? Creating a free account on a free server isn't really difficult to do and there is no payment like on retail that stops you from doing so.
    4. How does 150.000 "active" accounts translate into paying customers?
    5. Weren't they low on cash and could hardly pay for the servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    A lot of the content patches released things they did not finish on time. If i remember correctly, three of the eleven patches just set up PvP (honor, battlegrounds, and battlegroups). Two patches just offered small dungeons, and another patch just introduced four world bosses? While it did offer the most content, it was not an expansion, but the base game itself.

Now, you also say that Nost tuned their raids well (like to Blizzard tuning). The Blizzard tuning is easy to disprove as final bosses on Nost did not last months, or even weeks. I think the best metric for time for how long a final boss lasted on Nost was seconds? But, you say that 95% of guilds (i am assuming you mean raiding guilds) took weeks to clear a raid. Any proof of this? How many attempts did they spend on the bosses?

Finally, you mention that it has been Blizzard's stance to give year long content droughts since LK. While content droughts are awful, i doubt it has ever been Blizzard's stance to do this. Vanilla did not open up with a magnificent endgame. The entire leveling game was seen as content. Because they failed to add content for levelers (while it was still their main focus), that can be seen as a horribly long drought.
    Everything upto 1.5 was intended to be in at launch. The dungeons and battlegrounds. Molten Core was initially not going to be in for launch so all there would have been raid wise is Onyxia. Kaplan himself worked on Molten Core with a few team members to get it out for launch. Hell Vanilla even had specs that they even admitted to was broken such as Survival Hunter which was supposed to be a Melee spec initially but never finished. Had a few decent PvP talents and that was it but the spec was pretty much worthless as a full on commit to it spec.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-07 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Got a link? Not that I'm doubting but id like to see the context.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/co...zzcon_qa_2015/

They've stated they just don't want to "fix bugs" with the code which isn't what we want, we dealt with the bugs in 1.12, they were bearable.

Classic Realms
    Tom Chilton (Game Director for World of Warcraft) answered a question about classic servers during the BlizzCon 2015 World of Warcraft Q&A.

While we realise there is a desire for servers running previous versions of the game, we do not have any plans to setup classic servers. The old code is designed to run on the old hardware. The old code brings with it the old data, which includes the old bugs. The natural expectation from players would be that we would fix these bugs to ensure a smooth gameplay experience (along with the need for Customer Support and other dedicated support teams for such realms).

We feel it is not feasible to support multiple versions of World of Warcraft concurrently, and instead believe that our resources would be better placed continuing to build upon the current live game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Everything upto 1.5 was intended to be in at launch. The dungeons and battlegrounds. Molten Core was initially not going to be in for launch so all there would have been raid wise is Onyxia. Kaplan himself worked on Molten Core with a few team members to get it out for launch. Hell Vanilla even had specs that they even admitted to was broken such as Survival Hunter which was supposed to be a Melee spec initially but never finished. Had a few decent PvP talents and that was it but the spec was pretty much worthless as a full on commit to it spec.
    I played a melee hunter in vanilla for some time. I wasnt the sharpest pen

i mean, russia is not out of reach, blizzard will just have to try harder to shut those guys up

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The only person I see here making false claims is you mate, also calling other people troll's is against forum rules so I will have to report you.
    I've posted proof for my claims and I haven't singled anyone out as a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I played a melee hunter in vanilla for some time. I wasnt the sharpest pen
    The end talent Lacerate was trash. People played SV for a joke if they fully invested in it and nothing more.

i mean, russia is not out of reach, blizzard will just have to try harder to shut those guys up
    Look at how many other servers they managed to reach and shut down in Russia. (None.)

cuz none of them was such a bitch like nostalgius, just watch it get enough speed and exposure, we shall see then

Deleted
    The end talent Lacerate was trash. People played SV for a joke if they fully invested in it and nothing more.
    Ye i know. There was also the spell damage hunters. If i recall they were amazing for soloing

cuz none of them was such a bitch like nostalgius, just watch it get enough speed and exposure, we shall see then
    Let's see then (although I already know the result, because some Russian servers were even larger than Nost and the "bitch" angle is kind of hard to quantify anyway).

Except there was no such talent in vanilla. The end talent in survival tree was Wyvern Sting, which put a target in sleep for 12 secs.

You realize that they already have the code and all the shit ready to be set up at a moments notice? The costs equate to literally getting the hardware, and running the server. It would cost no more or less than any other currently live server that's already being run on Live.

Sorry but I very much doubt that. And of course it would cost more because they would suddenly have two entirely separate lifecycle development phases.