Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Maybe you have been watching wrong stream or heard that from third source because he directly said that only reason he is streaming Legion is twitch sub + donations money. He also said that the reason he cannot stream Nost/other private servers is because Blizzard directly threatened him and he didnt want to get his characters and twitch channel banned.
    Blizzard wouldn't directly threaten anyone for streaming illegal servers. The only thing blizzard could do is get his channel closed, so as long as he doesn't stream it, there's nothing blizzard could say or do. So stop making stuff up, he might play legion for subs and donations, which is possible, but the threaten part is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    Is this weird? I am pro legacy and I actually think that Legion is great. Whats more - Legion is even positive towards the legacy topic. I mean - Legion is a completely different game than legacy. That is why you have legacy supporters - coz you can play Legion, but you cant play Legacy. Simple.

anyways, I cannot understand one thing. Why Blizzard wont just legally let some people (afer meeting certain requirements, paying a fee etc) actually run a vanilla realm. It is legally possible, they could just lend their licence.

Why bother with making suck realm if they think they wont profit - just lend a licence, what is wrong with that.
    Because then Blizzard would have to admit they made bad decisions regarding expansions for the sole purpose of getting more $$$$ over quality of game and that would be bad publicity especially when they are slowly closing the WoW book and trying to diversify their $$$ gained from other games like Hearthstone, HotS, Overwatch etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    How can someone be this thick?

A company owns a product. They make their money by marketing that product. Then comes along a group of cunts with a robin hood syndrome, steal the product and distribute it for free. Ofc it hurts the company.
    They destribute a version that is no longer for sale though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Oh for god sake not this again. Yes it's not for sale but Blizzard still own the franchise "World of Warcraft". That is how it works. Let's not go in circles again please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Blizzard wouldn't directly threaten anyone for streaming illegal servers. The only thing blizzard could do is get his channel closed, so as long as he doesn't stream it, there's nothing blizzard could say or do. So stop making stuff up, he might play legion for subs and donations, which is possible, but the threaten part is made up.
    Actually they would as was shown in that example, they even gave notice to other big streamers not to attempt anything like that despite them not even talking about private servers. Whiteknighting Blizzard is silly and childish and reminds me of beaten wife scenario/Stokholm syndrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

That remains to be proved. That's what they said. It is unrealistic for me to belive people would go this far for a pirated game if they didn't stand to win/lose something.

...and that tshirt stunt was even worse for their image...
    Just as a hobby, why not, it's entirely believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh for god sake not this again. Yes it's not for sale but Blizzard still own the franchise "World of Warcraft". That is how it works. Let's not go in circles again please.
    The person in the quote didn't question the legality of the issue.

Simply stated that it's an outdated version, nowhere obtainable via any legal means.

They distribute a version that is not theirs and don't have the permission of the owner, it doesn't matter if it's still for sale or not.

If the Nostalrius people were truly passionate for that vanilla experience, why not devote their energy to crowdfund and develop a game that matches their vision? Hell everyone would applaud and support them including Blizzard.

Instead they waste their talent on taking other people's work, and pretend they're doing some service to society.
    Last edited by corebit; 2016-11-07 at 05:18 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    That's irrelevant, the trademark didn't expire.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What's hilarious is that you somehow think people are going to be okay with their wishes not being respected.
    Except a customer is not paying Blizzard to have their wishes come true. They're paying Blizzard to access and play on Blizzard's servers, nothing more.

Blizzard refuses to make legacy servers and so people make their own. What's so shocking about that? It's how human nature works, when someone refuses to give you X you get it yourself.
    Except instead of offering their own product, making their own 'Blizz-like MMO game', they're infringing copyright law by using assets that are not their own, without the asset's owner's permission. They're breaking the law.

Yeah sure it's piracy. So is downloading TV shows, music and games and most of these forums are guilty of that on some scale.

I more than most, I've bought like 5 games my whole life and played thousands.

Deal with it.
    So you admit to being a supporter of crime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If the Nostalrius people were truly passionate for that vanilla experience, why not devote their energy to crowdfund and develop a game that matches their vision? Hell everyone would applaud and support them including Blizzard.
    The guys from Trials of Ascension should be free to help right now.

I'll be fighting Ragnaros.

Cheers.
    A boss that everyone and their mother have killed, over and over, throughout the years. Even the Ragnaros memes have become boring.

The guys from Trials of Ascension should be free to help right now.
    Did that finally die?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Maybe you have been watching wrong stream or heard that from third source because he directly said that only reason he is streaming Legion is twitch sub + donations money. He also said that the reason he cannot stream Nost/other private servers is because Blizzard directly threatened him and he didnt want to get his characters and twitch channel banned.
    You literally just made this up. His Twitter says it all. He enjoys Legion, he's stated that he's having fun and he doesn't need vanilla servers to enjoy the game. If he actually stated what you say he did, provide proof. I don't see any vod or clip of it anywhere. Only thing I see is him saying he enjoys the current version of WoW.

That's the whole thing for a lot of people I guess. WoD had no content and was shit so nobody wanted to play it therefore people wanted the option to play a previous expac. Now that legion has loads of content and even more coming soon there's really no reason to play a worse version of that aside for a trip down memory lane.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-11-07 at 05:23 PM.

Please show me a single Vanilla fan that actually enjoys running 5 minutes in spirit mode because there's one spirit healer in the whole zone.

Or that likes having to go from Westfall to Loch Modan because the quests in Westfall don't give enough xp to switch to the next zone.

I call bullshit on that.
    So you want only the QoL improvements you like? What if a random vanilla fan likes another QoL that you don't? Or they don't like a QoL that you do? What then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Did that finally die?
    They've been quite silent with their "bonus pets and skins" for a while now, I expect they are laying low hoping everyone just forgets about all the money they stole.

That or furiously learning code for their revolutionary engine.

So you admit to being a supporter of crime?
    Piracy? Yeah, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Sweet, Ill be reporting every private server I see now. I really hope its gets shut down

Ahahahahaha.

That's rich. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahaha.

That's rich. Good luck.
    I'm almost sure he was joking.

But it was a joke as good as when people say "if Blizzard doesn't give us THEIR product the way we want, we'll just steal it and use it ourself because that's what humans do, maaan!"

Piracy? Yeah, sure.
    Ok, so as long as we are clear that you're not on the side of the law and morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Ok, so as long as we are clear that you're not on the side of the law and morality.
    Virtue? Virtue? Where are you, Virtue?