Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Wouldn't be the FBI spying in Europe anyways, that would be the CIA. FBI handles internal stuff, other countries is the realm of CIA, at least when it comes to spying and listening :P
    Where the CIA is concerned, that would be items of severe importance that could impact national security. The CIA isn't going to give a shit about Nostalrius, their code, or the private servers they gave it to.

People get so overworked about private servers, sheesh. The elephant in the room is all the counterfeits coming from China, robbing established governments and their people of internal, inerrant value. The value that makes their governments "great". Give the money away for garbage, then overall internal worth is much less.

Loss from Private Servers? 100 Million annually (Taxable loss: small) ... Loss from counterfeits? 100's of Billions annually. (Taxable loss: Total loss)

Agencies give a shit about private servers. Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    If you ask a hundred people what they want "fixed" you'll get a hundred answers, but none of them will not play if those changes aren't implemented.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I wouldn't be making absolute statements like that. All it takes is a single person to sink that argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. I wouldn't be making absolute statements like that.
    That part was a hyperbolic illustration, the part above it which you didn't quote used the qualifier "most", so not an absolute statement

That part was a hyperbolic illustration, the part above it which you didn't quote used the qualifier "most", so not an absolute statement
    Even so. You cannot state, as fact, what 'most people' think. Maybe the absence of this or that QoL change is a deterrent to a sizable amount of people. I imagine not many people enjoy dying on a corner of a map and having to traverse over half the map because of the lack of graveyards in the area, for example.

Even so. You cannot state, as fact, what 'most people' think. Maybe the absence of this or that QoL change is a deterrent to a sizable amount of people. I imagine not many people enjoy dying on a corner of a map and having to traverse over half the map because of the lack of graveyards in the area, for example.
    When Legacy happens, my vote is to keep the game as it was originally conceived. That means graveyards spread out, with people going out of their way to not die, because of stiff penalties. Nerfing the game is undesirable to me.

QoL changes are generally nerfs. Some may be acceptable though, like separating out quantities of a stacked item, instead of 1 at a time. Most QoL changes however are not welcome, IMO.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-07 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    That's basically what anti-legacy people do, saying that "X" people are not playing or "X" people don't like or "X" majority don't want that.

People can't talk for other people in general, unless they know what they wan't. I know what 8 friends of mine wants, and i'm talking for me and from them, but i cannot talk for around de 580.000 accounts of WoW made in Spain in the last 11 years since the game came in here. Just for me and 8 more.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    And this new server or the ppl that was already ran this server hasn't got to some of those in 6 years.
    So you're including the ages it took for a bunch of part time (spare time) devs spent to make the game? Rather than just starting when the server was released. Without proper context your statement is very convenient and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    That's basically what anti-legacy people do, saying that "X" people are not playing or "X" people don't like or "X" majority don't want that.

People can't talk for other people in general, unless they know what they wan't. I know what 8 friends of mine wants, and i'm talking for me and from them, but i cannot talk for around de 580.000 accounts of WoW made in Spain in the last 11 years since the game came in here. Just for me and 8 more.
    I try not to do this, and even point this out as well. Retail folks are just as guilty, IMO. In general, I would assess your attempt to stereotype as useless hyperbole.

Your assessment is stereotyping and not representative of a community, for which you were trying to lash out with faulty anecdotal facts to sum up a fanbase.

And when you say "thats what they do", you are implying "most" at a minimum, with "all" as being perceived via generalizations. Hypocritical.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-08 at 12:11 AM.

I find it rather ironic people are claiming the small numbers that make up the private server community does not justify the few weeks it would take for BLizzard to restore Vanilla. Being as the server is 100% illegal and the threat looms that you will loose ALL progress at a drop of the hat, some how the community has mustered a modest number. How many people are avoiding partaking in Legacy due to the above factors? How many more would jump into vanilla when its official, I can't tell you an exact number but I can promise you its larger than the private server community as a whole. As far as the FBI, who cares about them. They are worthless. If they won't hold Hillary accountable of her foundation, they are 100% toothless and let them come. I will just Bleach Bit everything and tell them I'll mail them my components, which will incidently be lost in the mail. #FBIisworthless

Actually, most of the time, in my experience, it's anti-legacy people pointing out pro-legacy people doing it, since some of the arguments they used was to point at that petition and say something along the lines of 'look how many customers Blizzard is not getting', or saying things like 'if Blizzard made legacy servers, people would flock in droves back to retail', etc.

Yes, but i'm sure copyright laws are not inside trade agreements.
    International copyright is often enforced at the national level by threatening to terminate trade agreements if the nation doesn't prosecute or extradite.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    I find it rather ironic people are claiming the small numbers that make up the private server community does not justify the few weeks it would take for BLizzard to restore Vanilla. Being as the server is 100% illegal and the threat looms that you will loose ALL progress at a drop of the hat, some how the community has mustered a modest number. How many people are avoiding partaking in Legacy due to the above factors? How many more would jump into vanilla when its official, I can't tell you an exact number but I can promise you its larger than the private server community as a whole. As far as the FBI, who cares about them. They are worthless. If they won't hold Hillary accountable of her foundation, they are 100% toothless and let them come. I will just Bleach Bit everything and tell them I'll mail them my components, which will incidently be lost in the mail. #FBIisworthless
    While both entities are untrustworthy, the foremost is not concerned with Private servers - it is out of their scope. Digging back how the FBI even got brought up might be entertaining - but likely from someone reaching for straws in their Blizzard defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    While both entities are untrustworthy, the foremost is not concerned with Private servers - it is out of their scope. Digging back how the FBI even got brought up might be entertaining - but likely from someone reaching for straws in their Blizzard defense.
    I'm just trolling Hillary and the FBI for being so terrible. The origins of the FBI are indeed entertaining but the body of my text holds true. If 300k people are willing to opening partake in the illegal and constantly unstable nature that results in losing everything, imagine how many more will partake IF it is ever legal.

BTW seriously screw the FBI, worthless scum only out to protect the pedo status quo.

Deleted
    Even so. You cannot state, as fact, what 'most people' think.
    Blizzard has no reason to make Legacy servers, much less make them free, as most pro-Legacy people want.
    Actually, most of the time, in my experience, it's anti-legacy people pointing out pro-legacy people doing it
    Might wanna point at yourself...

Might wanna point at yourself...
    Did you join the thread only in the last few pages? The majority of people I've seen in this thread talking about implementation costs and sub fees talked about making official legacy servers free.

Deleted
    The majority of people I've seen
    Oh, so you're qualified to make statements based on what you've seen, but others are not and should only speak for themselves.

Lol @ hypocrisy

This is the most unenthusiastic circle-jerk I've ever seen. Somebody needs to spice it up.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2016-11-08 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    This is the most unenthusiastic circle-jerk I've ever seen. Somebody needs to spice it up.
    Start by telling us how enthusiastic a circle jerk can be. I never attended one. Spice it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's arguing the legality of it and they just don't realize, people that truly want to get their fix of Vanilla don't care if it's legal or not, it's like buying drugs.

If any of you have ever smoked weed then the chances are wherever you smoked it wasn't in a place that was legal, ever drank underage? That's illegal but people still do it. You can't stop people who want to play Vanilla from playing Vanilla, all it takes is a few dedicated devs with a good knowledge of hosting a server, writing solid code to change that and when you get a game that's as popular as Vanilla it's bound to happen at some point.

Like everyone here is acting like they're so high and mighty, like I get it we've all been keyboard warriors but holy shit we're arguing about something being illegal that doesn't really harm anyone. Blizzard won't lose their copyright, they're to big and even if Nostalrius came back and it was in some place like Serbia or whatever, just because it gets popular doesn't mean they lose their copyright. As long as they don't have any paper trail of profit Blizzard won't prosecute if the server is, again, in a country like Serbia/Russia.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Start by telling us how enthusiastic a circle jerk can be. I never attended one. Spice it up
    Need some name calling, some bans, maybe a meme or three. This discussion is nothing but "no you!" from both sides. I'm surprised it's still open. There is no discussion and the thread is headed nowhere.