It has to have its own sub cost
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And you really think there wouldn't be a shit-show and massive uproar in the official forums because of that? Forcing someone to buy something they don't want to be able to do something they want is a pretty shitty business practice, one that can quickly erode customer trust.
    I think Legacy folks would comply. Some complainers sure, but aren't there always? People will complain about anything, yet somehow still pay. Gains offset losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, we all heard that before: "I know you're forcing us to close, but let it be on the record we're doing this voluntarily, not because you're making us to do it."
    The last shutdown prior to Nostalrius was in 2009, a sever in the US, with emulation preventing player "transition" to TBC. Successful emulators target abandoned versions. It would not be wise to emulate, for instance, WoD (current Retail minus one XP). Why anyone would emulate WoD is beyond me, but that would be an actionable case, in the Twilight Zone.

Nostalrius volunteered to shut down, for a number of reasons. One, to bring Mark Kern in the spotlight. Two, to reveal to the public just how extensive Private Servers really are. Three, to infuriate the Legacy playerbase enough to bring many times their number via social media into the fray.

Mark Kern had his own ambitions regarding the shutdown, such as heading an official Legacy Server team. It could still happen.

The Nostalrius shutdown was very effective I'd say. By seeing the traffic in this very thread, you would be a fool to note otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Nostalrius volunteered to shut down, for a number of reasons. One, to bring Mark Kern in the spotlight. Two, to reveal to the public just how extensive Private Servers really are. Three, to infuriate the Legacy playerbase enough to bring many times their number via social media into the fray.

Mark Kern had his own ambitions regarding the shutdown, such as heading an official Legacy Server team. It could still happen.

The Nostalrius shutdown was very effective I'd say. By seeing the traffic in this very thread, you would be a fool to note otherwise.
    There you go again promoting that false Kern narrative. You really should go look at a damn timeline of what happened when and educate yourself as to when Kern got involved in that whole shitshow. Posts like yours just go that much further to make you Pro-Legacy people look totally clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    There you go again promoting that false Kern narrative. You really should go look at a damn timeline of what happened when and educate yourself as to when Kern got involved in that whole shitshow. Posts like yours just go that much further to make you Pro-Legacy people look totally clueless.
    I'll assume you are trying to misdirect / troll, unless you are willing to give a "true narrative". We're all ears, take the floor! Explain to us.

PS - I really want to hear your spin on Kern!

I'll assume you are trying to misdirect / troll, unless you are willing to give a "true narrative". We're all ears, take the floor! Explain to us.

PS - I really want to hear your spin on Kern!
    Go look at a time line of what happened and when Kern got involved. Go do some damn legwork of your own. Go look at his twitter history and when he first got involved. If you don't want to put in your own work and want to keep promoting this false Kern narrative, which by the way Pro-Legacy people debunked it in this thread MULTIPLE times, that is on you. You are the ONLY person making up this Kern shit in this thread. Period.

Edit: just added in random color coding because why not.

Go look at a time line of what happened and when Kern got involved. Go do some damn legwork of your own. Go look at his twitter history and when he first got involved. If you don't want to put in your own work and want to keep promoting this false Kern narrative, which by the way Pro-Legacy people debunked it in this thread MULTIPLE times, that is on you. You are the ONLY person making up this Kern shit in this thread. Period.

Edit: just added in random color coding because why not.
    So you think Kern doesn't want a job doing Legacy, but would prefer one on the Retail team?

PS - you never debunked anything, but you do sound upset.

I did my own research, thanks, I stand by my comments. Do your own legwork and disprove me (if possible).

So you think Kern doesn't want a job doing Legacy, but would prefer one on the Retail team?

PS - you never debunked anything, but you do sound upset.

I did my own research, thanks, I stand by my comments. Do your own legwork and disprove me (if possible).
    I said Pro-Legacy people, you know the ones on YOUR side, have said in this thread multiple times that your Kern theory was wrong. The rest of us already fucking know your stance on it is wrong. I don't give a flying fuck if Kern does or does not want a job doing Legacy. Kern was not involved with Nost until AFTER they shut down. And with that I'm done wasting my time with you again, circle-jerk your posts to yourself if you want.

I said Pro-Legacy people, you know the ones on YOUR side, have said in this thread multiple times that your Kern theory was wrong. The rest of us already fucking know your stance on it is wrong. I don't give a flying fuck if Kern does or does not want a job doing Legacy. Kern was not involved with Nost until AFTER they shut down. And with that I'm done wasting my time with you again, circle-jerk your posts to yourself if you want.
    So he said, she said, takes priority over actuality? It's nice you gave comments, but comments do not equate to facts.

Link request. Thanks. Comments are worthless without connotation, sorry.

You don't deny Kern wants to work for Blizzard, to build Legacy?

Jesus Christ Vineri, can you try not to cause epileptic seizures with your color coding?

Further, Kern's opportunistic nature is hardly a new or interesting concept. It's been address countless times. The guy single handedly took a multi-million dollar gaming studio and ran it straight into the ground. Multiple people who have worked with and for him have attested to his incredible ineptitude. You needn't look further than his reddit account to see him resorting to immature, inflammatory responses the second anybody reminds him of his sordid past. He's hardly the kind of guy anybody would want spearheading a "movement," yet pro-Legacy people cling onto him like he's some kind of unsung hero. He may have connections in the gaming industry but he's also burned many, many bridges. The fact that he disappeared shortly after his meeting with Mike Morhaime is further proof of his opportunistic nature. (And not before using the buzz to promote his "new tabletop game." What a coincidence.)

Whatever Kern is looking to achieve, I have a hard time believing they're purely in the best interest of the Legacy movement. He cares about numero uno first and foremost and is the type of character who wouldn't think twice about completely abandoning the people who've helped get him to a place of influence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    It has to make money.
    It has to have its own sub cost
    Thus it will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Jesus Christ Vineri, can you try not to cause epileptic seizures with your color coding?

Further, Kern's opportunistic nature is hardly a new or interesting concept. It's been address countless times. The guy single handedly took a multi-million dollar gaming studio and ran it straight into the ground. Multiple people who have worked with and for him have attested to his incredible ineptitude. You needn't look further than his reddit account to see him resorting to immature, inflammatory responses the second anybody reminds him of his sordid past. He's hardly the kind of guy anybody would want spearheading a "movement," yet pro-Legacy people cling onto him like he's some kind of unsung hero. He may have connections in the gaming industry but he's also burned many, many bridges. The fact that he disappeared shortly after his meeting with Mike Morhaime is further proof of his opportunistic nature. (And not before using the buzz to promote his "new tabletop game." What a coincidence.)

Whatever Kern is looking to achieve, I have a hard time believing they're purely in the best interest of the Legacy movement. He cares about numero uno first and foremost and is the type of character who wouldn't think twice about completely abandoning the people who've helped get him to a place of influence.
    Truth to be told, there is no "leader" of the Legacy movement or whatever it is called. Most of the people that jumped on it were doing it purely for the buzz such as Chance (fitting name) and Markie. Then you have YT gurus such as Alexsensual and DodgyKebab and if those guys are the figureheads for this then there is a better chance of me driving a Mazeratti or something lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I told you nost would be relaunching but no one believed me. i cant wait for it to launch so I can enjoy vanilla once again.
    There's like a thousand priv servers out there. You can enjoy your vanilla right now if you want.

What a strange road its been for legacy WoW servers. On April 15, I joined the Nostalrius movement to bring back vanilla servers for WoW. The petition was already at 100k signatures, and I promised that if it reached 200k signatures that I would personally send it to Mike Morhaime.
    - Mark Kern

His involvement began after the server was already shut down.

Vineri has claimed in the past that:

* Mark Kern ran Nostalrius
    * Mark Kern shut down Nostalrius, which was "his server"
    * Mark Kern shut down Nostalrius for personal gain so he could get a job or become an adviser for Blizzard

None of these assertions are true. Now he is claiming that Nostalrius's developers shut down to "put Mark Kern in the spotlight" - whatever in God's name that's supposed to mean. There is no evidence that Mark Kern factored into Nostalrius admins' decisions to shut down the server or begin their legacy petition, as he was not involved until after the server was shut down and the petition already well underway.

Mark Kern did not found, operate, develop for or own Nostalrius. Mark Kern did not make any decisions about Nostalrius. During the years Nostalrius was operating as a primarily French language server, and the years where it relaunched as an international server, Mark Kern was founding an American game development company named Red 5 and working on his own game.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

I'll work on it.

I've seen it, but never had info supporting this assertion. Whatever Kern's actions, this thread is a result of Kern's actions. The big guy going to Blizzard HQ was huge.

Source, thanks.

Regarding, clinging-to, I don't cling to him. If you read my posts, he was an opportunist. But he did manage to bring the topic of Legacy into public scutiny. Some schmuck vs. former Dev. Former Dev makes headlines.

We agree Kern is an opportunist?
    You can argue against, but Kern seized the opportunity and grabbed social media, which escalated matters tremendously. Former WoW dev supporting Legacy? Let me read more ...

Your motives are not in the Legacy movement. Mine are for Blizzard to release official Legacy servers. From prior conversations, I believe our views conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Yes because citations come from countries of highly questionable accuracy.

Your link comes from DOT IO ... where in the world is this? The link has blocked links as well from my virus scanner. WTG.

I am shocked you guys wouldn't automatically ignore someone who throws in colors in his sentences randomly

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    I am shocked you guys wouldn't automatically ignore someone who throws in colors in his sentences randomly
    I am shocked this bothers yourself. I am also shocked you don't know the definition of random. Your post history indicates you are competent (in matters concerning random, RNG, and such).

/boggle
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-12 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Yeah he's been on ignore for a couple months for me, every now and then I click to view his posts and usually get such gems about his Kern-theories and color-coded playdo monsters.

Source, thanks.
    (Only replying to this because I don't want you to find new colors of the rainbow to assault my eye balls with.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDr...kern_implores/

This is a recent public breakdown by the guy (ironically, this was right around the time he was travelling to Blizz HQ). I've seen others but he definitely has a tendency to fly off the handle as the posts linked in this thread show. He, like you, also has a tendency to grossly misinterpret facts and present them as evidence of something which isn't happening. Perhaps that's why you like him so much.

Yeah he's been on ignore for a couple months for me, every now and then I click to view his posts and usually get such gems about his Kern-theories and color-coded playdo monsters.
    Yeah, Kyranion spews misinformation, without facts, time and time again. Kyranion seems to hate Legacy, while somehow liking Kern, which is very puzzling.

I simply want to play Legacy on an official Blizzard BattleNet server.

Yes because citations come from countries of highly questionable accuracy.

Your link comes from DOT IO ... where in the world is this? The link has blocked links as well from my virus scanner. WTG.
    The link is to Mark Kern's personal website, where he posts blogs about Legacy WoW and the tabletop game he is currently developing.

The .io domain represents the British Indian Ocean territory, but in this case (since Kern is an American) he took the domain for the same reason many tech and game related services have .io domains, as a reference to input/output. There is nothing "questionable" about a top level domain, other than your probably fictitious assertion that your virus scanner is blocking links on Mark Kern's website.

It's honestly breathtaking that you would try to pass off Mark Kern's personal website as a suspicious source.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-11-12 at 07:23 AM.