Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    WoW also have alot of lore before the events of vanilla. It would be cool to visit it someday in a wow 2 or warcraft 4.

I would love to go back to the time perios when eastern kingdoms and kalmidor were one continent and the different Zul troll tribes were dominant
    I think that would be perfect fit for warcraft 4. I think wow is gona be around for a long time so warcraft 4 isnt possible if u make it about future of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I think that would be perfect fit for warcraft 4. I think wow is gona be around for a long time so warcraft 4 isnt possible if u make it about future of wow.
    I would love a WC4,however RTSs are not as popular as they once were so i fear we may never see such game.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I would love a WC4,however RTSs are not as popular as they once were so i fear we may never see such game.
    I know. But i belive that wc4 would have a strong fan base ready for it. Maybe it could shed some light back in to the rts!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...why is Vineri posting on his role playing alt again?
    I have exactly 1 toon on this site. I feel very sorry for you that you believe everyone is against you and creating alts. Maybe a chunk of people simply disagree with you.

I also think it's against the rules to accuse trolling, which is what you are doing. I suggest you drop your assertions - it won't lead to happiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The true warcraft storyline isn't any of that shit. It is Orcs vs Humans. Or so Blizzard keeps claiming to keep factions a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It'll still have "orcs vs humans", with Warcraft characters, so, yeah, it'll still be "Warcraft".
    Uh, huh. Retail Orcs vs. Humans == less meaningful open world PVP. I guess Blizzard forgot this part. The retail concept is a shell of it's former glory. .... orcs vs humans indeed. Instanced PVP is what you may be referring to. What a terrible loss.

Orcs vs Humans implies strife, while a fan would need to play Private Servers to experience. Strife in retail, tell me another good joke. Open world PVP currently has a trashy implementation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    It would probably be a forced Co-op game, where you play as either Orcs or Humans, with the counterpart being unattackable. The goal would be the undead I would imagine. Warcraft 4: Rise of the Forsaken?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-16 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Uh, huh. Retail Orcs vs. Humans == less meaningful open world PVP. I guess Blizzard forgot this part.
    Except we're not talking about PvP gameplay, but lore. I guess you forgot this part.

The retail concept is a shell of it's former glory.
    Opinion. Nothing more.

Instanced PVP is what you may be referring to. What a terrible loss.
    You just into a conversation in the middle without knowing what it's being talked about? We're not talking about PvP gameplay.

Orcs vs Humans implies strife,
    And it is adequately reflected in the lore.

Seriously. You just returned to the thread, with your 'holier-than-thou' attitude and riding that high horse of yours, and all you accomplished was to make yourself look bad. If that's what you were aiming for, then... congratulations, I think?

'holier-than-thou' attitude and riding that high horse of yours
    This is my summation of your posts, I read the older ones too. We may agree on wording at least. Directed differently, I imagine, which is why you are complaining.

I think I was on target. Were you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Ok, let's calm down a bit. So, for now, recopilation:

A) - Some of us want official Legacy Servers from Blizzard

B) - Some of us don't want official Legacy Servers from Blizzard

C) - Some of us want official Legacy Servers from Blizzard and doesn't care about retail servers

D) - Some of us doesn't want official Legacy Servers from Blizzard and care about retail servers

E) - Some of us we are gonna play on Nostarlius

F) - Some of us we are not gonna play on Nostalrius

G) - Some of us don't believe that Nostalrius is making any piracy or ilegal activity

H) - Some of us believe that Nostalrius is making piracy and ilegal activities

I) - Some people hate Legacy idea

J) - Some people hate retail idea

In conclusion: Can we please CALM THE FUCK DOWN A BIT and just respect opinions from people? Bad languages, name callings and crap like that is just proving to Blizzard that the community is divided an we are nothing more than kids. So please, PLEASE, stop the bitching.
    / Cheer!

I said something similar, a month ago; with shorter calls for peace here and there, but it got lost in the mix of a heated conversation.

Thanks for bringing this back up. It's important for fans to note that there is no concrete majority here. Some do, some don't.

Posts involving such terms as minority, majority, most, everyone, noone, most, or even flavor words such as nearly or almost .. these terms just lead to arguments. Blizzard won't release NA/EU numbers, and there is literally no way to prove or disprove the Legacy fanbase doesn't consist of the entire paying retail population. No way to prove or disprove. No numbers.

Many play retail. Many play Private Servers. Some signed a Nost petition. Some didn't want to be bothered. Some play on other private servers besides Nost. Some never knew about a petition. Some don't care since their PS wasn't affected. ETC, ETC, etc...
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-16 at 03:33 AM.

I think I was on target.
    No, you weren't. Because we weren't talking gameplay. We were talking about lore, yet your entire reply to me (and Vegas82) is nothing buta complaint about world PvP.

You couldn't be more off the mark if you tried, in my opinion.

No, you weren't. Because we weren't talking gameplay. We were talking about lore, yet your entire reply to me (and Vegas82) is nothing buta complaint about world PvP.

You couldn't be more off the mark if you tried, in my opinion.
    OK, lets talk lore. I cherish the original WC RTS games. Orcs and Humans, there is no getting around the first game. This is lore. The two sides hate each other. Alliances here, defections there. All the way to WC3.

Then the lore ends. A portion of the original team is gone, and Deathwing is now an enemy. Who is Deathwing? Whatever, then Panda's, then resurrection of slain bosses, and the lore is defunct. Dev's can write in whatever they want, but it's not lore.

Dev's will continue to make stuff up (to generate sales and $$), but I guarantee you, it won't be lore. Lore died with the RTS series.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-16 at 05:52 AM.

Deleted
    Dev's will continue to make stuff up (to generate sales and $$), but I guarantee you, it won't be lore. Lore died with the RTS series.
    If you look at Blizzard's core values, you'll find that the very first one, the principle one is "Gameplay first".
    They make games with awesome gameplay. The story is secondary.

This is how it's always been. Even with WC series.
    The gameplay was so awesome it grew into completely own genre of games.
    The lore is and always was secondary.

No one cares about lore (except forum nerds)
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-11-16 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    No one cares about lore (except forum nerds)
    If the game was rehashed with, say, robots, or alien mutants, I'd snub it and prefer WC lore. You trivialize RPG fans by citing only Forum Nerds care? I don't care for ignorance.

I guess I care about lore.

Deleted
    I guess I care about lore.
    Blizzard doesn't. Gameplay > Lore.

{insert banal, repetitive, circular argument about how lore mattered in Vanilla and that's why it's great}

Gameplay means more than accessibility and interface options, which is why Legacy is popular. An awesome version of WoW doesn't need all the bells and whistles to promote itself. It only needs a solid core, which is something only Vanilla, TBC and part of WotLK had (auto-LFG can stick it).

Gameplay in Cataclysm made me quit after subscribing non-stop for, what, 7 years? Why pay for a single player game?

I don't think Blizzard has the capacity to uphold neither lore or gameplay. The current retail version is a trainwreck. It's not sustainable, from an RPG viewpoint. Some fans will keep it alive, but it won't last. IMO. Not with the rise of Private Server general knowledge that occurred over the past 6 months.

Deleted
    I don't think Blizzard has the capacity to uphold neither lore or gameplay. The current retail version is a trainwreck. It's not sustainable, from an RPG viewpoint. Some fans will keep it alive, but it won't last. IMO.
    Yes, WoW has been dying for 12 straight years in a row now. It should be dead any day now.

Yes, WoW has been dying for 12 straight years in a row now. It should be dead any day now.
    WoW rose from 2004-2010, then fell from 2010 to 2016, so I guess you are half right.

The private servers will rise again! YEEHAW! I just stole a south will rise again line, seems fitting when it comes from Vineri.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The private servers will rise again! YEEHAW! I just stole a south will rise again line, seems fitting when it comes from Vineri.
    Hi Kyanion, how are you?

You responded to the wrong link, BTW. Oh well, I suppose it was intentional so couldn't be accused of flaming.

If you would like to make accusations of north vs. south, how one side should feel, please go on.

edit: you are the only one to bring this taboo topic up .. /tap /tap .../snore

<crickets churp>
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-16 at 07:23 AM.

OK, lets talk lore. I cherish the original WC RTS games. Orcs and Humans, there is no getting around the first game. This is lore. The two sides hate each other. Alliances here, defections there. All the way to WC3.

Then the lore ends.
    No. It doesn't. It continues on, ever-expanding. Just because the lore progressed in a way you don't like doesn't mean "it has ended".

A portion of the original team is gone, and Deathwing is now an enemy. Who is Deathwing? Whatever,
    ... Seriously? You call back to the original Warcraft RTS games, and you didn't even know Deathwing existed until Cataclysm?

then Panda's
    Again, you call back to the lore of the RTS games... yet didn't know Pandaren existed?

then resurrection of slain bosses
    You mean, like Kel'Thuzad was slain in Warcraft 3, and resurrected in Warcraft 3?

and the lore is defunct.
    Simply your opinion. Nothing more.

Dev's can write in whatever they want, but it's not lore.
    Um... yeah, it's lore. I'm baffled at how arrogant you are to believe you can dictate what is lore and that isn't in a franchise that does not belong to you.

Dev's will continue to make stuff up
    Like they have been doing since long before Warcraft 1, since, you know, that's the basis of creation.

but I guarantee you, it won't be lore.
    You are objectively wrong, here. Period.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-11-16 at 07:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    blizzard certainly cares about both, just isnt great at writing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Nostalrius/snip announced a stress test. Please participate if you are interested to join the server.

snip
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-11-17 at 08:43 AM.