Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This thread needs to die and be locked by the mods. Since Blizzard has officially said NO to legacy servers, all this discussion now does is promote illegal private servers which is against the forum rules.

People need to let the past STAY in the past.

And if you play on, and get caught playing on an illegal private server, I hope you get arrested and sent to jail to think about what you have ILLEGALLY done.
    The latest statement from Blizzard is not a NO
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...king-seriously

It is closer to no than yes for sure but it is not an official no. They have said no in the past and they should have said no now if that was their intent.

But i do agree that this thread should be pretty much closed soon as ppl are going to talk about the new private server and advertise it.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs to die and be locked by the mods. Since Blizzard has officially said NO to legacy servers, all this discussion now does is promote illegal private servers which is against the forum rules.

And if you play on, and get caught playing on an illegal private server, I hope you get arrested and sent to jail to think about what you have ILLEGALLY done.
    No Jaylock it's you that are overreacting.. blizzard shouldn't have built up so many peoples hopes like that that is not best for business the thing is if they had provided a legacy server which would consist of classic-burning crusade-wrath of lick king only just maybe they would triple in the subs but no they fail to listen to the people as always.. just saying my opinion on things.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfury View Post
    Now this makes no sense to me, seeing as they are stealing it all from Blizzard. . . It is what Blizzard put out. lol
    Blizzard doesn't even have the stuff needed to make a legacy server, unless they got it from Nostalrius. But Blizzard being Blizzard, they're not contempt to give a genuine experience. They will shape the game somehow to reflect a modern WoW approach. Also it makes them more money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't understand how people can get so enraged over other people liking an old game more than a new one. Are you gonna bite my head off if I prefer the original Dark Souls over Dark Souls 3 too?
    Cause they know it hurts to admit that the changes done over expansions has gotten so bad that some people have taken to private servers. This is like the whole Sega Genesis VS Super Nintendo argument. You support the console you own cause you can't afford to buy the other one. In this cause, it threatens the way you play modern WoW, cause developers might be encouraged to listen and take steps needed to go back to the way things were before.

Also, as much as people want to bitch and moan about getting bored of Vanilla, that's going to be hard. Vanilla WoW was built around progression, in that you can't skip to the latest content without experiencing the older content first. No shortcuts, no hand holding. Old raids didn't get nerfed for new raids, and there's no catchup gear. Modern WoW lets you skip content you paid for, because you don't want to feel like some peasant who can't experience the latest and greatest raid. It's like buying a game and skipping most of it for the last 10%. Before Dark Souls 3 was released, I went back to play Dark Souls just to experience the awesome that game was. I plan to also play Dark Souls 2, cause I felt it was the best of the 3. But with the story that Dark Souls series has, it's worth it to experience the first two games. Players today can't go back and do that with WoW. And there's expansions worth of value just sitting there, that you paid for that you can't experience again. Or for other people, never experience.

I agree Jaylock. 100%. They are just slapping Blizzard in the face by playing on these illegal servers. Tbh I hope they get this new Nost/Elysium combo and many more illegal servers.

Lol, the Trump supporters agree that we should be "sent to jail."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree Jaylock. 100%. They are just slapping Blizzard in the face by playing on these illegal servers. Tbh I hope they get this new Nost/Elysium combo and many more illegal servers.
    Blizzard is slapping the classic crowd in the face by not deploying official servers. Forcing them to go the PS route.

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    Lol, the Trump supporters agree that we should be "sent to jail."
    Nope. Just the people hosting it. Also what does being a supporter of Trump have to do with our opinion on illegal private servers? Stop trying to derail please.

Depends what country you live on. It wouldn't be illegal to play on a private server, only illegal to open and run the private server. The most you could get punished is that you can get your live account banned.

All in All it will be hard for them to close down anything after trump builds all these walls.

Blizzard is also slapping me in the face by not buying me a Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Blizzard is slapping the classic crowd in the face by not deploying official servers. Forcing them to go the PS route.
    Why? They don't have to. It is their decision. In the end the majority playing legally on retail win. Millions>Couple of hundred thousand. As Mr Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Nope. Just the people hosting it. Also what does being a supporter of Trump have to do with our opinion on illegal private servers? Stop trying to derail please.
    It is like the wall they are trying to build everywhere. America will throw everyone in jail and then make them pay for it.

Deleted
    Why? They don't have to. It is their decision. In the end the majority playing legally on retail win. Millions>Couple of hundred thousand. As Mr Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
    Yes, it is their decision, but they have to realise that if there is an itch, people are going to find a way to scratch it. They can either join in and make it legal for them to play, or they are going to have to fire fight these private servers for the rest of time. A lot of people want to play classic WoW and they will do it no matter what.

I don't understand how people can get so enraged over other people liking an old game more than a new one.
    This claim is a big, big fallacy because no one in the anti-legacy group is "enranged over people liking an old game more than a new one". You can like whatever you want, however, what we are against is people making up false numbers and claims to not only support the idea that the version of the game is "better/superior", sometimes even going so far as to claim it's "objectively better/superior", than the current version, and demanding Blizzard to cater to their whims.

Are you gonna bite my head off if I prefer the original Dark Souls over Dark Souls 3 too?
    No. You can like whatever you want. Honestly, nobody cares what you like or don't like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shridevi View Post
    lol, the trump supporters agree that we should be "sent to jail."
    we need to build a wall around private servers! Anyone who wants to go to these servers must go through the gate legally!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Blizzard doesn't even have the stuff needed to make a legacy server, unless they got it from Nostalrius.
    Are you claiming that Blizzard doesn't have the original WoW code?

Cause they know it hurts to admit that the changes done over expansions has gotten so bad that some people have taken to private servers.
    Once again, pro-legacy supporters making up stuff out of their behinds and claim such made up BS as facts... despite having no way to prove said statements as such.

I don't understand how people can get so enraged over other people liking an old game more than a new one. Are you gonna bite my head off if I prefer the original Dark Souls over Dark Souls 3 too?
    No one,the problem is demading that the company that made the game relaunch it.

You can go play Dark souls,but if you found a bug or the game got corrupted,broke up don't expect the company to fix it since its a old game.

And with WoW its not a old game,its the same game with a lot of features added and removed.They are not not actually asking for a different game,they are asking for a older version,older patch.

Its sound simple and good,"I want the version that i liked back in the day"

Well,what if a lot of people liked a patch where their class was Strong?Are you gonna bite their head off?

What if people liked that patch of Ulduar but didn't liked ICC.Should we have a server dedicated just to Ulduar's Patch?

Should they have a server dedicated to a patch where Rogues were Op?Just because a lot of people liked that?

No,they shouldn't and that's one of the reasons i don't believe Legacy servers shouldn't exist either.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Blizzard is slapping the classic crowd in the face by not deploying official servers.
    They're not "slapping" anyone in the face. If anything, it's the "classic crowd" that is slapping Blizzard in the face because they don't want to cater to their whims. Especially the Nostalrius crowd with that "if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement regarding legacy servers, we will!" BS.

Forcing them to go the PS route.
    Nobody is "forcing" anyone to do anything. Don't be melodramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They're not "slapping" anyone in the face. If anything, it's the "classic crowd" that is slapping Blizzard in the face because they don't want to cater to their whims. Especially the Nostalrius crowd with that "if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement regarding legacy servers, we will!" BS.

Didn't think people could get lower than supporting these illegal servers. Now they are trying to blame Blizzard. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

The Classic crowd isn't slapping blizzard in the face... They are on their knees begging to let blizzard play the game they want to play. You can say Blizzard is slapping people in the face but the reason would be that they are stringing people along with no answer. Then Nostalrius got off their knees and threatened blizzard that they would slap blizzard if blizzard kept slapping them.

You then have the anti-legacy crowd that thought that they might get a miss aimed slap here by the classic crowd so they needed to come in the middle and go "Woah, you should never slap someone when you have no right to slap, no one cares if you are on your knees for begging, what you want doesn't matter" which then they spit quickly at the Classic crowd. The Classic crowd then spits back and now everyone is threatening to slap eachother while actually just spitting on eachother.

This whole forum is about being Melodramatic because everyone thinks no ones opinions matter.

Didn't think people could get lower than supporting these illegal servers. Now they are trying to blame Blizzard. What a joke.
    Why is it low to provide a service, in most cases free, based on voluntary work, service wich Blizzards doesn't provides and so far has refused to do so, please explain it to me if you don't mind.

And please don't talk to me about legalities, i don't know and i dont care (i suppose its illegal but there are really many gray areas around this).