Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah he said "A lot of it is about nostalgia. A lot of it is about literally trying to re-experience what you remember from 2005-2006. Nostalgia is powerful." So that is why they announced Legacy servers right? Oh wait...they DIDN'T do that. So powerful, much wow.
    They are trying to figure out exactly how to release a re-release, as a new game.

Which makes sense it would need to be big, Blizzard style. IMO, with a big box, as example. Blizzard 90's style. All puns aside, it would need to be big. They would likely need a certain server to be on-board, at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    They are trying to figure out exactly how to release a re-release, as a new game.

Which makes sense it would need to be big, Blizzard style. IMO, with a big box, as example. Blizzard 90's style. All puns aside, it would need to be big. They would likely need a certain server to be on-board, at a minimum.
    Lolwut. You don't have a shred of proof they are working on anything of even debating how to re-release it as a 'new game'. Fun fact. It isn't a new game no matter how they dress it up. Just another fantasy of yours like the Kern stuff. So deluded.

Lolwut. You don't have a shred of proof they are working on anything of even debating how to re-release it as a 'new game'. Fun fact. It isn't a new game no matter how they dress it up. Just another fantasy of yours like the Kern stuff. So deluded.
    Fine, ignore WoW Game Director Ion's comments. stick your head in the sand.

Fine, ignore WoW Game Director Ion's comments. stick your head in the sand.
    Did anywhere in his comments he say things like "We are trying to figure out how to release as a new game." or "We are working on making Legacy happen." Anything like this? No. And you claim my head is in the sand? Your head is so far in the clouds I don't even know what to say.

Did anywhere in his comments he say things like "We are trying to figure out how to release as a new game." or "We are working on making Legacy happen." Anything like this? No. And you claim my head is in the sand? Your head is so far in the clouds I don't even know what to say.
    Have a cookie dear, and things will be alright. It's chocolate chip today, with a sprinkle of realism

Have a cookie dear, and things will be alright. It's chocolate chip today, with a sprinkle of realism
    Ohhh see, you do that when you know you can't win a debate because we're not in Fantasy Land where Blizz is making your Legacy game for you and Kern isn't heading the team or whatever other bullshit you want to toss into your dreams.

You bore me, run along and play.

Ohhh see, you do that when you know you can't win a debate because we're not in Fantasy Land where Blizz is making your Legacy game for you and Kern isn't heading the team or whatever other bullshit you want to toss into your dreams.

You bore me, run along and play.
    You would go much further if you read the article, instead on trying to comment on snippets provided. It was a full interview. You are looking extraordinarily silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is the point we're trying to make to him that going off box sales means very little.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah have fun with less options in Vanilla, Woo. Have fun grinding levels and then crying when the server gets shut down at some point? How many people are warriors and rogues, 60% of the server? Fun times. I'll hang my head in shame as I go back to my mythic+ group. I'm sorry!
    Don't forget Mages!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Don't forget Mages!
    Yeah Warriors/Rogues/Mages make up like what 80% of the classes picked in Legacy-flavor realms? Not what really happened in true Vanilla of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Warriors/Rogues/Mages make up like what 80% of the classes picked in Legacy-flavor realms? Not what really happened in true Vanilla of course.
    Enhancement Shaman with Sulfuras & Protection Paladin with Thunderfury. Mages, Warlocks, Priests, and Druids. with Atiesh

Legendaries more broken than Legion ones.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that one of Nostalrius devs joined to Mark Kern new project Em8er.

http://em8er.com/nostalrius-dev-etia...er-programmer/

To be honest? Nostalrius fucked up things with Vanila WoW as well after blizzcon...

The fuck is Kern doing? He took Firefall and ran it straight into the fucking ground and now he's making the same game???? I guess we can say what we want about him but he must suck the venture capital D like it's nobody's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    What are pristine servers? I have heard it brought up before, but never quite understood the concept.
    It was an idea floated by Blizzard as a compromise for the people who want a "Legacy" experience. Basically, it'd be retail without LFG/QoL improvements/longer levels/no CRZ, etc. The community didn't really react very well to the idea and Ion pretty much squashed the idea completely in one of the Q&A's before Legion was released.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The fuck is Kern doing? He took Firefall and ran it straight into the fucking ground and now he's making the same game???? I guess we can say what we want about him but he must suck the venture capital D like it's nobody's business.
    Kern ... not the idol you envisioned?

What are pristine servers? I have heard it brought up before, but never quite understood the concept.
    To quote J. Allen Brack:

"Over the years we have talked about a 'pristine realm'. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren't sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it's still an open topic of discussion."
    Source

I don't think this idea was ever seriously considered, nor did it target Legacy fans. Here's Ion Hazzikostas talking about it:

“The Pristine server idea was one that we floated as a general idea. It’s not aimed at the core legacy audience that wants the specific experience of old talent trees, the pace of the game, and the quest line that sends you across two continents, and all of that stuff. That’s not what pristine server would aimed at. It’s more a question of the social aspects of the game, the need for community, the speed at which you progress through the content.

“Those are things we are actually focusing on the regular game and I don’t know if that’s something that requires its own type of server to capture that. There’s some changes to level up experience we’ve already been making, I think there’s some we can continue to make in the future to improve the quality of that experience for a new player. Philosophically I think we want to make the experience one that lets you take your time and enjoy and have a well-paced experience if that’s what you want, but we can still allow people who want to rush through it the option to do that rather than have it be the default state for everybody.

“We know that dungeon finder, raid finder, all these tools make content super accessible, they also diminish some of the needs to form social ties to engage in cooperative gameplay and things like mythic dungeons and other pieces of content that aren’t necessarily hardcore in terms of challenge, but encourage the cooperation and community play are things that allow us to reintroduce that.

“It’s something we continue to talk about but obviously none of these ideas are dead or discarded. I wouldn’t expect to see anything on pristine servers in the very near future right now our focus is Legion.”
    Source

In my opinion the idea of "pristine servers" is deeply misguided. The problem in WoW leveling is that it's completely mindless busywork, not that it is over with too quickly. If anything, WoW leveling should be shorter. The reason leveling is not engaging is not the length, it's that the player toolkit is far too powerful compared to what you're dealing with while leveling. You are laughably strong compared to enemies in the world and in dungeons. I'd much rather see something complicated like "Heroic Leveling", where you fight actually challenging encounters that reward tons of XP, enabling you to level quickly if you can rise to the occasion. Making you spend more time fighting worthless encounters is not the answer, which is why I assume Blizzard never seriously considered it.

Additionally, it doesn't appeal to anyone. Retail fans want quick alts and deeper endgame. Legacy fans don't want slow retail leveling, they want Legacy with a capital L. Old talents, one-button Mage rotations, etc.

I disagree.
    This thread is no longer the place for private realm discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would go much further if you read the article, instead on trying to comment on snippets provided. It was a full interview. You are looking extraordinarily silly.
    After reading some of your last posts in this thread, I find this statement incredibly ironic.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    After reading some of your last posts in this thread, I find this statement incredibly ironic.
    Careful he might go into a color coded tirade.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. Enough of this arguing, off-topic spam and color crap. Get back on topic and stop attempting to draw each other into trivial and off-topic arguments. There will be no further warnings.

As a reminder any discussion of private servers by name is against the rules. If any of this is not clear, please send a PM to either me or a global moderator. Discussion of moderation in a thread is also against the rules.

Post about the topic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."