Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok so 1 whole server? Amazing.......
    That's the sound of goalposts being moved. You made a comment that there were "actually players" on retail, implying there weren't on Nost. But that's not true. Good try.

Anyway, who cares how many servers there are? All people care about is whether its busy or not. Whether they can do dungeons or raids or buy things. You could do everything you wanted to do. That's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    That's the sound of goalposts being moved. You made a comment that there were "actually players" on retail, implying there weren't on <edit>. But that's not true. Good try.

Anyway, who cares how many servers there are? All people care about is whether its busy or not. Whether they can do dungeons or raids or buy things. You could do everything you wanted to do. That's all that matters.
    Blizzard could learn much from the unfolding events. A single server that can hold 20k players is monumental and frankly, very fun. Blizzard is still around the 2-3k threshhold, with heavy phasing, adding to discontinuity to community. Cross-realm doesn't help. It's nice to remember people on your server, which you can't do in retail "looking-for-anything" cross-realm garbage. No community in retail

Blizzard has several hundred servers, but it's all disconnected since the servers are cross-realm showing different people constantly -- players you will not see again. If the servers are mostly dead, whats the point for customers? Blizzard loves it when people pay for realm transfers, Added-Value revenue essentially, to charge existing customers more, to receive less.

Deleted
    I quit legion long ago and have been waiting for an announcement of vanilla servers without avail, it would make my day to see an announcement on blizzards website saying vanilla servers are coming for wow, i would be extremely happy to hear it, to me wow died along time ago and i refuse to play it in its current state, it is not the game it was 5 or 6 years ago and the focus and difficulty of the game has changed significantly as well as the combat of the game. the theme of the game has shifted massivley over the years from been you been an adventurer in a massive world full of threats to overcome to becoming a threat to the big bosses of the game, to you been the boss of the game in legion, you have the best gear, the best weapons, and the best everything, but the main villans of the game died along ago and the proper lore that the game once had has all but evaporated into mindless, thugs and silly villains that make no sence to the game and are just put there to make it sound like the game has decent lore still.

I just loved the rich world the game had in vanilla, from the dark and dank zones of dusk wood to the gank fest of stranglethorn vale, to the deserts of Tanaris, to the majestic winterspring, and the superb ashenvale forest, every zone was unique and you could go there at any time during max level, and there was constantly groups of people going to multiple raids and dungeons out in the world from low level to max level giving the feeling of an actual mmo, you would would come across the same players and guilds while out in the world and it really felt like an actual community, you met the same people in the same battlegrounds and devoeloped real hatreds of friendships, and you knew what eatch zone was and they all had meaning to them, the barrens was the social hub of the game, and many different things used to happen there from alliance raids to the usual barrens chat, the gold farmers in tyrs hand would be constantly fighting with other farmers for mob tags the game world felt so alive and there was so many different things to do, from doing dungeons to open world pvp in zones across the map, to gathering up for a raid in a epic raid for the chance of a massive upgrade, the farming for mats and gold, and potions, to do said raids and dungeons, everything you done in the game had meaning as it was a journey in itself, you felt like you where a part of a living world full of people with purpose and meaning.

The same cannot be said about wow anymore, the best world i could describe it would be a completley casualised, a to b, zero to hero in 3 weeks mess. it just lacks everything that vanilla had and it shows extremely with age, sure, vanillas graphics have aged, but the core gameplay and pace of the game, and the great lore and zones it once had are just gone, and will never return until blizzard gives us retail vanilla servers.

It just saddens me to see the state the game is in at the minute, it does not resemble wow in any shape or form, the dumbed down classes, removal of class identity, over simplifying of combat, and ease of access features have completely destroyed wow. it is no longer an mmo but a streamlined casual stroll and lacks any kind of depth and character the original game had.

The people who continue to play the game are the generation who never played it in its golden age and just cant see how shallow the game has become.

I'll have to settle to playing on private servers untill blizzard finally sees the light and releases classic servers, but i just cant see it happening until the game is on its last legs.

It's clear to me that the people working on the game now are not the same people who had the vision for the original game. theres none of them left working for blizzard, or they have moved on to other companys.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-11-23 at 02:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Blizzard could learn much from the unfolding events. A single server that can hold 20k players is monumental and frankly, very fun. Blizzard is still around the 2-3k threshhold, with heavy phasing, adding to discontinuity to community. Cross-realm doesn't help. It's nice to remember people on your server, which you can't do in retail "looking-for-anything" cross-realm garbage. No community in retail

Blizzard has several hundred servers, but it's all disconnected since the servers are cross-realm showing different people constantly -- players you will not see again. If the servers are mostly dead, whats the point for customers? Blizzard loves it when people pay for realm transfers, Added-Value revenue essentially, to charge existing customers more, to receive less.
    Oh yes, I can't wait to have 3000 players fighting for a quest mob with a 30 minute respawn. I sure love me that sense of community, where I get to remember people out of a crowd of thousands, but only for taking my mining node while I was fighting the mob near it.

Community is still booming in retail, you're just not forced to do it.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    The people who continue to play the game are the generation who never played it in its golden age and just cant see how shallow the game has become.
    Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about. There are plenty of us who have played since the 'golden age' and still play in Legion. You remember those statues Blizz made and sent to people that have been playing since the first months of Vanilla? Those would have never existed if people stopped playing after the 'golden age'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about. There are plenty of us who have played since the 'golden age' and still play in Legion. You remember those statues Blizz made and sent to people that have been playing since the first months of Vanilla? Those would have never existed if people stopped playing after the 'golden age'.
    theres not many players around that played in vanilla playing retail wow right now, i can almost guarentee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Oh yes, I can't wait to have 3000 players fighting for a quest mob with a 30 minute respawn. I sure love me that sense of community, where I get to remember people out of a crowd of thousands, but only for taking my mining node while I was fighting the mob near it.

Community is still booming in retail, you're just not forced to do it.
    On a PVE server this may pose a problem for Open-World raid mobs. I'd prefer a PVP server anyways, and the problem seems to fix itself. Rewards handed out, accordingly.

For smaller stuff, spawn times are adjusted to player numbers in an area. More players == faster spawn times. It's something Blizzard does (did) already, as do their Legacy counterparts.

It's really a nonissue.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-23 at 02:36 AM.

theres not many players around that played in vanilla playing retail wow right now, i can almost guarentee it.
    Cool got any numbers to back that up?

Yet you have no proof of this. You just assume you are right.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't fit into his world view, so it doesn't exist. That was said a hundred pages ago and likely further back, if he was posting then.

Kids like him want to lump people into two groups, so its in black and white, but it's never that simple.

I'm a veteran from 'Vanilla beta', and I would never go back to that. I'm loving the game as it is, as are my room mates, who also played during vanilla beta.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Cool got any numbers to back that up?
    Yeah I wish, I'm curious how many of those statues got made. And hell that was just for people that stayed unsubbed from Vanilla til Legion without having a gap of any kind.

Yeah I wish, I'm curious how many of those statues got made. And hell that was just for people that stayed unsubbed from Vanilla til Legion without having a gap of any kind.
    You realise who you were initially quoting right? The very same person whom a while back in the thread started bashing people and going off on a tangent consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    On a PVE server this may pose a problem for raid mobs. I'd prefer a PVP server anyways, and the problem seems to fix itself. Rewards handed out, accordingly.

For smaller stuff, spawn times are adjusted to player numbers in an area. More players == faster spawn times. It's something Blizzard does (did) already, as do their Legacy counterparts.

It's really a nonissue.
    Because everyone is on a PvP server right? Wrong.

And Blizz did not put in that type of smart spawn system until TBC. So yeah having that in Legacy wouldn't be the true feel of Vanilla from back in the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Faulty logic. But then again, thinking rationally was never a strong suit of yours?
    How is that faulty logic? Insulting the person and telling them their logic is faulty. That's thinking rationally yeah?

15+ Year Old Account
    Want a picture of my statue?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

You realise who you were initially quoting right? The very same person whom a while back in the thread started bashing people and going off on a tangent consistently.
    I got baited! dammit.

Because everyone is on a PvP server right? Wrong.

And Blizz did not put in that type of smart spawn system until TBC. So yeah having that in Legacy wouldn't be the true feel of Vanilla from back in the day.
    PVE servers are more cordial, IMO. Guilds take turns. If a miscreant guild tries to steal the kill, there is plenty discord to go around, believe me.. there are plenty of ways to prevent their kill. I played on both end-game PVE and PVP WoW servers.

As to faster spawns, it is done. And it's very beneficial to everyone. It's inevitable with such a huge playerbase on a mere 2 continents. The game still feels like vanilla to me. It's mainly certain contested areas that are noticeable, before people branch out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    It is indeed faulty logic to assume oneself has no other choice. Nonetheless, i was out of line insulting him. As much as i am sick of many from the 'legacy' crowds' poor use of logic, i cannot expect them to evolve through insult.
    It's the same logic people always come up with when they feel 'forced' to complete certain tasks in game. There's always a choice.
    Then again. It's a choice between 'playing' and 'not playing'. So i can understand the people that decide to play on private servers.

heck i started playing on a private server back in 2005 before i went official later that year.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    not a lot of people from vanilla play now. Those are just facts. I know that those few older people just don't want to admit to playing with kids 10 years younger but that's just it.

Look up the age of players in WoW. Around the release the majority was between 25-30, even higher. Now most of the players in wow are between 16-25.

The numbers don't lie - if you dont belive them - just ask some people on your realm.

That is why the game is like it is. Children these days don't want to be challenged - they all want equaility, simple things for everyone. Why should there be mighty heroes like in vaniila or tbc? let's all be mighty heroes! this is this kind of logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    not a lot of people from vanilla play now. Those are just facts. I know that those few older people just don't want to admit to playing with kids 10 years younger but that's just it.

Look up the age of players in WoW. Around the release the majority was between 25-30, even higher. Now most of the players in wow are between 16-25.

The numbers don't lie - if you dont belive them - just ask some people on your realm.

That is why the game is like it is. Children these days don't want to be challenged - they all want equaility, simple things for everyone. Why should there be mighty heroes like in vaniila or tbc? let's all be mighty heroes! this is this kind of logic.
    You couldn't actually be further from the truth ....
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .