Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    omg... please you can't really be serious... please connect the dots. I don't want to have to explain something so obvious to you.
    Why are you quoting me twice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He said the image was his own. It is not. Read the quote I responded to before you try attacking me. "Which I took on PTR". No which he took right from Reddit sweetheart. Never said it was PS image but if you want to go down the whole road of putting words in my mouth and illusory arguments then sure go for it.
    he only said he took it during PTR times because saying that it's from stress test is not allowed. Dude, seriously...

he only said he took it during PTR times because saying that it's from stress test is not allowed. Dude, seriously...
    Wow you are overreacting to all of this.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 12:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How stupid must be ppl who thinks Vanilla>rest of shits. Even gamplay/content/class design whatever in wod is better than vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    No mate, you as a part of the fact police made a claim, that they don't have the data. Please prove it earsay is not proof you know?
    It's already been proven. Blizzard themselves saying that the code they have isn't readily usable, they have the code, not the metadata from way back then.

Honestly just to go onto class design say what you want it was shit in Vanilla. Oh wanna be a Survival Hunter for more than a few PvP talents? Nope because the final talent Lacerate was a joke and the spec was not finished which was even admitted to. Boss resistances were also moronic as well because it invalidated a few specs and spells.

Deleted
    Eleccybubb -> I apologize if I was rude but I was just amazed that you accused him of stealing while he clearly wanted to just post an image from yesterday's stress test.

And about the class thingys -> apart from people who are nostalgic, I am realistic. I do not wish to achive the FEELING of vanilla, I don't want to get a frozen game without any bugfixes and any interaction from the devs. I want the old system back - so the old game but with devs support. Including fixing was broken back in the day.

Before you say that this is delusional and stuff - it seems to be working in Diablo 2, that game recieved a lot of bugfixes and stuff waaaay after its release, even after D3 premiere - and from what I hear it is still supported(?). Thats how I see legacy realm. And progression after the content is cleared by a significant amount of people.
    Last edited by mmoc8f21bd35ff; 2016-11-28 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly just to go onto class design say what you want it was shit in Vanilla. Oh wanna be a Survival Hunter for more than a few PvP talents? Nope because the final talent Lacerate was a joke and the spec was not finished which was even admitted to. Boss resistances were also moronic as well because it invalidated a few specs and spells.
    I remember fighting The Curator for the first time in Karazhan with my arcane mage... and having to spend the whole fight spamming fireball because none of my arcane spells did any damage to it. Pretty sure there were more bosses like that, just can't really recall any.

Eleccybubb -> I apologize if I was rude but I was just amazed that you accused him of stealing while he clearly wanted to just post an image from yesterday's stress test.

And about the class thingys -> apart from people who are nostalgic, I am realistic. I do not wish to achive the FEELING of vanilla, I don't want to get a frozen game without any bugfixes and any interaction from the devs. I want the old system back - so the old game but with devs support. Including fixing was broken back in the day.

Before you say that this is delusional and stuff - it seems to be working in Diablo 2, that game recieved a lot of bugfixes and stuff waaaay after its release, even after D3 premiere - and from what I hear it is still supported(?). Thats how I see legacy realm. And progression after the content is cleared by a significant amount of people.
    All older battle.net games are still supported. The infrastructure for it still exists. All the way back to Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 in it's basic form. Thing is when they started the new Battle.net for the modern era they didn't toss out the old one however they are wanting to make older games run on it. Strings were found for Warcraft 3 in the app along with a couple of images. The thing is for a Legacy version of WoW you would have to make it work on an infrastructure it wasn't designed for initially. Blizzard wouldn't want Legacy running on the old infrastructure because let's face it while it still works it's very outdated.

Switched it to Starcraft 1 instead.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    anyways, are you Polish? coz this screenshot is from polish channel :P

anyways, are you Polish? coz this screenshot is from polish channel :P
    Nah just Googled it and saw that one and used it. Any screenshot is a screenshot at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think there are a number of reasons as to why they have not gone ahead with Legacy servers and no doubt cannibalisation of the existing population is high up on the list. I don't know whether a high demand would count against it, I would say the opposite, but without knowing what data Blizzard has it is impossible to guess at their reasoning.
    Do you think blizzard has the internal leeway to release a fairly authentic classic game?

The question is quite serious. Everything I have ever seen or heard (mainly his own explicit statements) suggests kotick sees the business as a mass-market issue. Would blizzard get whatever greenlight they need to do this without making (potentially) substantial concessions to the 'everyone should see everything' philosophy that appeared post-2008? One issue with classic is that in all candor it wasn't made for everyone to see everything, though a player who played enough could see most of it (higher raids excepted).
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    ah okay. Anyways, I think this is actually from a pirated battlenet I mean I don't seem to remember polish channels in D1, but I remember that pirated ones existed.

As to what you wrote - I cant seem to have anything to add. Creating and maintaining a legacy realm is not something simple. And if they ever did it - I wouldve wanted it to be fully supported.

I never said thats its easy. I just said that if its not gonna happen then I want a clear answer NO from blizzard. If they keep on leading me on - I will whine and whine over it and if you want to blame anyone - blame blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Do you think blizzard has the internal leeway to release a fairly authentic classic game?

The question is quite serious. Everything I have ever seen or heard (mainly his own explicit statements) suggests kotick sees the business as a mass-market issue. Would blizzard get whatever greenlight they need to do this without making (potentially) substantial concessions to the 'everyone should see everything' philosophy that appeared post-2008? One issue with classic is that in all candor it wasn't made for everyone to see everything, though a player who played enough could see most of it (higher raids excepted).
    Also i think a game without anything further, no patches, no new raids, no new content will get old quickly. PPl would play for the nostalgia for how long until get bored?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Also i think a game without anything further, no patches, no new raids, no new content will get old quickly. PPl would play for the nostalgia for how long until get bored?
    thats why it should be progressive. Vanilla content alone would last for at least a year. When people get bored - release TBC and so on.

Also bugfixes, balancing issues - whole support.

ah okay. Anyways, I think this is actually from a pirated battlenet I mean I don't seem to remember polish channels in D1, but I remember that pirated ones existed.

As to what you wrote - I cant seem to have anything to add. Creating and maintaining a legacy realm is not something simple. And if they ever did it - I wouldve wanted it to be fully supported.

I never said thats its easy. I just said that if its not gonna happen then I want a clear answer NO from blizzard. If they keep on leading me on - I will whine and whine over it and if you want to blame anyone - blame blizzard.
    Meh I'll go find a better image then. But yeah it ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's already been proven. Blizzard themselves saying that the code they have isn't readily usable, they have the code, not the metadata from way back then.
    Blizzard saying something =/= proof sorry. Even less by your standards of what proof is reading the last tenths of pages in this thread.

thats why it should be progressive. Vanilla content alone would last for at least a year. When people get bored - release TBC and so on.

Then you would be playing wow again from scratch... that's not legacy server man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    granting this assumption (which would apply to some subset of potential players), have to consider how long in /played time it takes to do most of what one wants. Worth considering that leveling itself was a many-month process for most players.

- - - Updated - - -

a YEAR? seriously? is everyone here a .001%er raider?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    granting this assumption (which would apply to some subset of potential players), have to consider how long in /played time it takes to do most of what one wants. Worth considering that leveling itself was a many-month process for most players.
    True, but that was back then. I took like 5 months to lvl 60. If i would play again i would take like what 3 months to lvl 60 then what? Don't take wrong back then was fun because we were all noobs. No internet to know everything, how to do the quests. How to kill the bosses. Nowadays the game would not last long with all the knowloadge we have of WOW