Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Again this is just ignoring common sense lol. Even blizzard have admitted they made a lot of mistakes with WoD,
    Admitting they made mistakes with WoD does not mean they stopped publicly posting their subscriber count because they made bad decisions with WoD.

Long story short, the "free" thing is not a big motivator and is only a factor for an extremely small amount of people.
    Assertions of fact made with zero evidence.

Yeah, but you'd be missing a lot of quests and useful upgrades along the way,
    So what if you miss a few quests on your way to max level? As for 'missing upgrades'? Really? Why should I be concerned about not getting this upgrade from this group quest, if I'm likely to replace it a level or two later with the reward from a single-player quest, or worse, a random mob drop?

It's all about finding a good guild, you won't have the problem if you take the time and find the right one.
    You do know people from your guild won't be readily available, all the time, at your beck and call, right? So what if people in your guild are busy doing something else to help you?

Yeah, but it's not encouraged in vanilla lol. And you miss out on some pretty important upgrades and the process is a lot slower.
    Using "miss out upgrades" is such a weak argument, because you'd be replacing said "upgrades" anyways by either crafting something better, finding something better from a mob you killed, or from a quest reward a level or two ahead.

Now you are just resorting to dishonesty. You are asking me to provide evidence of the success of private servers,
    This is what pisses me off, seeing people so blatantly misrepresenting other people's arguments, solely to make the others look bad. Look, I am not asking you to give evidence of illegal servers. I'm asking you to back up your claims that setting up a legacy server is cheap.

Just look at the success of said private servers, since you don't want me to post links or mention said servers, I guess it's time that you do your own research here?
    They're not paying to play on those illegal servers... so they're not exactly a representative of the market you claim exist.

Onyxia reset every 5 days. Plus you could split your raid since she could be 20 manned. So you're looking at about 3 weeks to get everyone their cloak this way. Not to mention the raid came out many months before BWL, and the fact that it took most guilds awhile to progress to Nef in the first place.
    More than just three weeks. At the very least, four weeks, or a whole month, considering maximum output of scales per skinning, every single skinning.

Many would of course disagree. Look at how well the NES classic edition is doing for example. Plenty of people enjoy playing games that were fun for them in the past.
    Irrelevant, because it's not like those people are giving up on modern gaming to focus solely on games of the past. If you can prove that, then yes, that citation would have a point.

That argument is done lol, stick a fork in it.
    So you admit that you prefer to avoid it and claim it as 'debunked' instead of addressing it?

We've been over this already, stop trying to bait me into violating the forum rules. Since you don't want the evidence posted, I guess you'll have to look it up yourself.
    I'm not baiting you. You can make your case without even mentioning pirate servers. You're just hiding behind this rule to avoid having to show that you have no evidence at all.

Please....
    Please, indeed, because I never claimed to 'mass report' or 'campaign to report' people with dissenting opinions here.

That's what we are getting to the bottom of.
    No, that's the question you always avoid.

the emulation was already better than the real deal lol.
    So you admit you know nothing about 'emulation' and the 'real deal'. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Again, there is plenty of evidence out there to suggest it is easily done,
    No, there isn't!

according to the private server teams out there.
    They are not using the real server code, they're using EMULATIONS and scripts to emulate how vanilla servers worked back then.

And we've already seen you trying to get the mods involved here and mark posts for infractions
    When did I do that? Show it.

and then try to ask questions when you know that me posting the answers will get me said infractions.
    Two things: first, you can answer all my questions without ever mentioning pirate servers, somehow that is something that keeps evading your notice, despite me pointing that out to you numerous times; second: funny how you didn't care about being infracted when you kept naming pirate servers and even challenging the moderators' ruling here, but now, suddenly, you seem very afraid of getting an infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    I guess we won guys, this is the 4th post with no actual content for the discussion.

Ironically no content like the Vanilla server XD
    What did you expect from someone who seems likely made an alt account just to post in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What did you expect from someone who seems likely made an alt account just to post in this thread?
    Dunno, sometimes i forget we are on MMO C

------

LuL i didnt saw people still confuse NOSTALRIUS EMULATION = VANILLA SERVER CODE 100% :rotfl: not even the basic

because nintendo allow you to play different version of the "Mario" on different platform, and nobody is moaning for having the old 8bit mario on the fucking wii U or nintendo shield console (dont recall the name) free as a divine right, because infact SMB3 is a different and separate game from Mario Sunshine.

Meanwhile Warcraft is @ its 7.0.3 BUILD, so no previous version of the game.
    So let me see if I get this. The original versions of the Star Wars trilogy is no longer available for purchase, only the versions that George Lucas changed. So with this reasoning I'm not allowed to prefer the original unaltered version?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So let me see if I get this. The original versions of the Star Wars trilogy is no longer available for purchase, only the versions that George Lucas changed. So with this reasoning I'm not allowed to prefer the original unaltered version?
    No, you are not! You are only allowed to like what ppl see today, and if you insist in liking what you like you will be insulted! Beware!

10+ Year Old Account
    Several errors in your post.

1) you forgot to mention the improved versions (newer) are better, objectively, in every sense than the originals.

2) It is the same movie in each of the 3 cases, just the later update is the most recent BUILD.

3) Claims to prefer the originals are in fact nostalgia. you may claim to prefer the original versions but you must recognize that you are objectively wrong in claiming any merit in them vs. the newer versions.

people like you are just lucky the originals got out on laserdisk before lucas started his improvements or it would be back to VHS/BETA for you.

that said, unless disney specifically agreed otherwise in the lucasfilm purchase, I would not be surprised to see the original movies with the restored work lucasfilm did released at some point (legacy movies).
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-11-28 at 07:11 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

We don't care about what you like. You can like whatever you want.

there is the despecialized version in the web i dont see any issue, also you are comparing a movie that come out in the 1977 where there wasnt any form of DVD or BLUE RAY but only vhs, with a movie industry pretty different on the "how to sell this film and how many version"

VS

a game th---

oh shit you completely deranged the meaning of my post because isnt the "I PREFER IT BECAUSE MY PERSONAL TASTE PREFER THIS OR THAT" the we discuss, but the "MY TASTE IS THIS SO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT !!!!!"

stop picking retard comparisons

this thread is really something.

Why you guys are so anti-legacy ? I mean you're defending or saying blizzard wont profit or waste of time etc. Just relax, if someday blizzard release a legacy server you dont have to pay. You wont lost anything at all and if you say "no legacy will hurt retail, we will lose content" if you think like that, you're totally out of mind.
    Of course they wont release a legacy server atleast in 2 years(or more) Right now blizzard is just arrogant company at all.

Also i repeat

there is a 1977 HD version of Star Wars in the web, go find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post

Why you guys are so anti-legacy ? I mean you're defending or saying blizzard wont profit or waste of time etc. Just relax, if someday blizzard release a legacy server you dont have to pay. You wont lost anything at all and if you say "no legacy will hurt retail, we will lose content" if you think like that, you're totally out of mind.
    Of course they wont release a legacy server atleast in 2 years(or more) Right now blizzard is just arrogant company at all.
    Nobody is anti-legacy because LEGACY SERVER arent the PRIVATE SERVER that some people here are trying to bring as proof of "WE CAN DO THIS LOOK THERE"

First you understand that LEGACY=\=FUCKING PRIVATE SERVER, first we could have a discussion with a level of QI higher than 90

Legacy will never hurt Retail.

The best case scenario will be like this

Day 1 - 40% of player will play on the Legacy Server (somebody for the lulz and nostalgia and somebody because they wanted this stuff)

After 2 weeks - The actual retail player will go back full time to retail server, leaving a little minority playing on the Legacy like some sort of Amish Group isolated.

Slowing people playing Legacy will ask for "update" - we want LFG or Battle Tag or Fix that bug or We want AQ or NAXX etc etc

then when NAXX would get its Apex Farming Point, everybody with t3, corrupted ashbringer spreaded on nearly all the war and pala, people will get bored as fuck and pretend a TBC LEGACY

how about no?
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-11-28 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted

people who are against legacy are people who never played the game in its glory years and are jelous of the fact that people prefer the older game than the shit pathetic ecsuse that is legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont lost anything at all and if you say "no legacy will hurt retail, we will lose content" if you think like that, you're totally out of mind.
    despite having more annual revenue than most video games get in their lifetime, forum members are understandably confused and worried about any perceived resource drain on wow development. WOD had 2 major patches, a new low for the franchise. 1~year periods without major patches are the standard and have been for 4 expansions. Confusion about what revenue actually is, where it goes, and how it helps fund other parts of activision-blizzard (including dividends, debt from the share buyback, taxes, investment in other project, etc) doesn't help, and if I were a person strongly supportive of the type of wow development and direction blizzard does at present, I would be worried of a new project that might siphon off not only funds in the short-term but also players from retail, with the collateral impact further ahead on retail funding.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    people who are against legacy are people who never played the game in its glory years and are jelous of the fact that people prefer the older game than the shit pathetic ecsuse that is legion.
    people who are against retail are people who never played the game in this glory momentum and are jelous of the fact that people prefer the newest game than the shit pathetic farming flask before raiding that was Vanilla.

Deleted
    What is the best profession to start playing? I'm sorry, but I'm new

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    despite having more annual revenue than most video games get in their lifetime, forum members are understandably confused and worried about any perceived resource drain on wow development. WOD had 2 major patches, a new low for the franchise. 1~year periods without major patches are the standard and have been for 4 expansions. Confusion about what revenue actually is, where it goes, and how it helps fund other parts of activision-blizzard (including dividends, debt from the share buyback, taxes, investment in other project, etc) doesn't help, and if I were a person strongly supportive of the type of wow development and direction blizzard does at present, I would be worried of a new project that might siphon off not only funds in the short-term but also players from retail, with the collateral impact further ahead on retail funding.
    Actually the only problem is that making legacy server is just a worthless waste of time and money for them even if they would get less than 100k dollars extra per month

just go on non-retail-official server and play vanilla, maybe dont ask money when doing this or Blizzard will fuck you from the orbit, but beside that you can bet that Private Server arent a real threat for blizzard, quite sure that Ion has played on them or any other Dev, for the nostalgia effect

Just relax, if someday blizzard release a legacy server you dont have to pay.
    How do you know that? Where's the evidence?

You wont lost anything at all and if you say "no legacy will hurt retail, we will lose content" if you think like that, you're totally out of mind.
    Why? There has been plenty of evidence to back up such claims, such as the fact that it'll need people to re-engineer the software to work with newer hardware, people to act as customer support, developers to maintain the game and update it for newer hardware, etc. Yet all you have to counter that is "you're totally out of your mind"? Weak.

Gotta love the projection...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why? There has been plenty of evidence to back up such claims, such as the fact that it'll need people to re-engineer the software to work with newer hardware, people to act as customer support, developers to maintain the game and update it for newer hardware, etc. Yet all you have to counter that is "you're totally out of your mind"? Weak.
    This happen when people that not work in the IT field, try to explain how to do something between one fried shift and another at wendys

We have reached the "hold my beer" point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the only problem is that making legacy server is just a worthless waste of time and money for them even if they would get less than 100k dollars extra per month
    With keen financial analysis like this, I do agree it seems to be case closed. 100k$/mo = ~6500 new subs? 0.3% of the approx current western playerbase (and probably 0.03% of the total current and former western playerbase?)

I think the proponents of the server are likely left speechless with cold hard facts like yours to slice through their vague and unsubstantiated claims. I suspect you are being generous with your assumptions, too. Wouldn't $20,000/month be closer to the real mark?

Good show!

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    With keen financial analysis like this, I do agree it seems to be case closed. 100k$/mo = ~6500 new subs? 0.3% of the approx current western playerbase (and probably 0.03% of the total current and former western playerbase?)

I think the proponents of the server are likely left speechless with cold hard facts like yours to slice through their vague and unsubstantiated claims. I suspect you are being generous with your assumptions, too. Wouldn't $20,000/month be closer to the real mark?

Good show!
    We already did the analysis, and yet if you think that "we will get 1dollar extra per month" is a valid proof for making all that effort, you probably need to work in a Corporate a bit more.

Even if Legacy ServerS will give blizzard a net worth of 50k dollars, they would no move they asses for this, its just more than a disturb for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already did the analysis, and yet if you think that "we will get 1dollar extra per month" is a valid proof for making all that effort, you probably need to work in a Corporate a bit more.

Even if Legacy ServerS will give blizzard a net worth of 50k dollars, they would no move they asses for this, its just more than a disturb for them.
    Your financial wisdom alone is worth the price of admission to this thread.

Tell us more!

There is nothing to tell more, you are just trapped in a Kübler-Ross model ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dont worry it will fade away likes your first crush affection