Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    there is the despecialized version in the web i dont see any issue, also you are comparing a movie that come out in the 1977 where there wasnt any form of DVD or BLUE RAY but only vhs, with a movie industry pretty different on the "how to sell this film and how many version"

VS

a game th---

oh shit you completely deranged the meaning of my post because isnt the "I PREFER IT BECAUSE MY PERSONAL TASTE PREFER THIS OR THAT" the we discuss, but the "MY TASTE IS THIS SO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT !!!!!"

stop picking retard comparisons
    The despecialized versions are pirated copies though. Please don't promote those.

Are we sure? Because there are nominative all around and I don't see any legal action against them

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    1) you forgot to mention the improved versions (newer) are better, objectively, in every sense than the originals.
    LOL no, just no. Cringe worthy fallacy right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    LOL no, just no. Cringe worthy fallacy right there.
    You exhibit RCG/N Syndrome. You need to re-read this thread until my bullet-points make sense. My statement has been definitively proven over and over by distinguished posters. They were talking about modern vs classic wow of course but the same standards can be strictly applied to your condition.

Support groups are available. You might find sympathetic counseling here.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-11-28 at 08:17 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    people who are against legacy are people who never played the game in its glory years and are jelous of the fact that people prefer the older game than the shit pathetic ecsuse that is legion.
    You are literally repeating what you said a while back. Come up with something new at least.

Deleted
    The problem I see is, that classic servers are so far in the past... we only have nostalgia memories and can only compare it to live WoW which is always the victim of critique.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    The problem I see is, that classic servers are so far in the past... we only have nostalgia memories and can only compare it to live WoW which is always the victim of critique.

I don't even compare Vanilla and retail. They're totally different games. I can enjoy both in different ways. I'm not even asking Blizzard to fulfill my legacy needs. There's always been ways to scratch that itch. I'm sure someday far in the future, Blizz will get into the legacy business, and I'll be there on launch day. Until then, I'll take matters into my own hands.

(OMG I feel like such a bad-boy, doing "illegal" stuff. I might even get a face tatt, to let others know what a tough criminal I am!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah maybe a new thread needs to be created discussing the new thread's title, I really don't know. This thread has devolved into the same thing each night since the change.
    It's been much the same for months now. Like flying, there's only so much to say about it. Nonetheless it's been a site rule about private server discussion forever. The original thread was started as an exception but that was months and months ago. Taking off my moderator hat for a moment my personal opinion is that as long as people want to talk about it that's fine but there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already; many, many times in fact.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's been much the same for months now. Like flying, there's only so much to say about it. Nonetheless it's been a site rule about private server discussion forever. The original thread was started as an exception but that was months and months ago. Taking off my moderator hat for a moment my personal opinion is that as long as people want to talk about it that's fine but there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already; many, many times in fact.
    So close it.

I mean we are there to discuss Legacy Server but instead is an endless 1 way discussion to explain some cringelord why there will be never a 1:1 port of Vanilla / Nostalrius stuff or why a Legacy server isnt a private server and discussing about private server is against the fukken rulez, and get answered with nothing or "lul go back to farmiville" meanwhile vanilla was probably the most grindfest i ever saw.

Just Close this shithole and open another thread about "What you wanna see in a Legacy server if Blizzard would ever deploy it"
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-11-28 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    So close it.

I mean we are there to discuss Legacy Server but instead is an endless 1 way discussion to explain some cringelord why there will be never a 1:1 port of Vanilla / Nostalrius stuff or why a Legacy server isnt a private server and discussing about private server is against the fukken rulez, and get answered with nothing or "lul go back to farmiville" meanwhile vanilla was probably the most grindfest i ever saw.

Just Close this shithole and open another thread about "What you wanna see in a Legacy server if Blizzard would ever deploy it"
    or maybe you just leave? I mean you clearly play Legion and enjoy it - you have no reason to stay and flame here all the time. Say what you can about pro-legacy people - at least they have their reasons for being angry, you on the other hand are just here to mock people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    or maybe you just leave? I mean you clearly play Legion and enjoy it - you have no reason to stay and flame here all the time. Say what you can about pro-legacy people - at least they have their reasons for being angry, you on the other hand are just here to mock people.
    I'm sorry but we already explained why you want Legacy/Nostalrius stuff, it is just nostalgy with a sparkle of melancholy.

Also you didnt bring anything useful @ this discussion, as Eleccybubb prove multiple times, and you arent even the only cringelord doing this.

You wasted time creating this account to only post there, you failed, the only tips i can give to your is to doing a U turn and go back to the private server on which you are playing and go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Admitting they made mistakes with WoD does not mean they stopped publicly posting their subscriber count because they made bad decisions with WoD.
    The smoking gun you are looking for with why so many were leaving WoD was this: it stunk lol. Pretty much any game that makes a bunch of bad decisions in rapid order will risk losing their player base. Of course that wasn't the only reason, but at the same time it's the most logical reason for why the player base was leaving.

Assertions of fact made with zero evidence.
    You mad the argument, yet have provided no evidence lol, so this one is on you. I've given many reasons for why you are incorrect yet we haven't seen you provide anything that suggests otherwise. Give me something to work with brah lol.

So what if you miss a few quests on your way to max level? As for 'missing upgrades'? Really? Why should I be concerned about not getting this upgrade from this group quest, if I'm likely to replace it a level or two later with the reward from a single-player quest, or worse, a random mob drop?
    Vanilla didn't really work that way though, blues for example in many cases could last you to 60. Not to mention if you were going to do stuff like raid or pvp, hitting 60 in greens just meant you had to go back and do the stuff that you skipped anyway just so you wouldn't be at such a bad disadvantage with gear. On the flip side on retail you don't really have any reason to ever group up, everything is so overnerfed that you can just solo it. Which one sounds more interesting? Having to form a group from time to time to get bigger rewards? Or just soloing everything? You decide.

You do know people from your guild won't be readily available, all the time, at your beck and call, right? So what if people in your guild are busy doing something else to help you?
    Simple: form your own group or join a pug lol. That's where the fun came from, and you typically made a lot of friends in the process.

Using "miss out upgrades" is such a weak argument, because you'd be replacing said "upgrades" anyways by either crafting something better, finding something better from a mob you killed, or from a quest reward a level or two ahead.
    You are confusing vanilla and retail. In vanilla, you could often get upgrades that would last you a long time, in between gear not being easy to come by and often lower level items being itemized better, skipping that stuff often meant you'd just be coming back and doing it later anyways.

This is what pisses me off, seeing people so blatantly misrepresenting other people's arguments, solely to make the others look bad. Look, I am not asking you to give evidence of illegal servers. I'm asking you to back up your claims that setting up a legacy server is cheap.
    We've already seen them done numerous times by people that don't have 1/1000 of blizzard's resources, the team's themselves explaining they are cheap, and the fact that blizzard has people lined up that will help them do it for free.

They're not paying to play on those illegal servers... so they're not exactly a representative of the market you claim exist.
    The overwhelming majority are forum paying customers for blizzard. So yes, this is a market that exists and one which they are ignoring.

More than just three weeks. At the very least, four weeks, or a whole month, considering maximum output of scales per skinning, every single skinning.
    No issues here - it's naturally going to take time before you go from MC to BWL. A place like Naxx for example, now that is a place where you'd have to farm consumables and certain types of gear, getting the Ony cloak for Neff, that was a much more simple matter because you were going to do Ony a lot before you get to Nef in the first place.

Irrelevant, because it's not like those people are giving up on modern gaming to focus solely on games of the past. If you can prove that, then yes, that citation would have a point.
    Who says blizzard has to give up modern gaming? People have already volunteered to step up and help blizzard with this for free lol.

So you admit that you prefer to avoid it and claim it as 'debunked' instead of addressing it?
    Nah, it's been debunked so many times that we don't really need to address it again, unless you feel like it lol.

I'm not baiting you. You can make your case without even mentioning pirate servers. You're just hiding behind this rule to avoid having to show that you have no evidence at all.
    You want proof that legacy servers can do well when the evidence for that comes from private servers, but you don't want private servers mentioned lol. Very similar to ordering a cheeseburger and then saying "hold the cheese".

Please, indeed, because I never claimed to 'mass report' or 'campaign to report' people with dissenting opinions here.
    Oh man this is rich. You were just posting ToS earlier today or yesterday and brought up the mod issue about 5 times, but you now you are saying you aren't mass reporting. Please buddy.

No, that's the question you always avoid.
    That's one answer that is strictly speculation lol. If I answer it you will be like "well what evidence do you have?" Come on man, I know your routine by this point. We don't know the thoughts of the blizzard executives.

No, there isn't!
    Of course there is, you just choose to deny it's existence and report it to the mods when confronted.

They are not using the real server code, they're using EMULATIONS and scripts to emulate how vanilla servers worked back then.
    Of course, no problems here either. Even better - blizzard has already said they have the old source code and that they only need to make certain types of adjustments. Something that seems well within their capabilities, no?

When did I do that? Show it.
    Just read your last couple of posts lol.

Two things: first, you can answer all my questions without ever mentioning pirate servers, somehow that is something that keeps evading your notice, despite me pointing that out to you numerous times; second: funny how you didn't care about being infracted when you kept naming pirate servers and even challenging the moderators' ruling here, but now, suddenly, you seem very afraid of getting an infraction.
    Not really, you ask for "evidence" but that evidence comes from the private servers. You complained and pretty much implied you were getting the mods involved if you see me naming any private servers, so you essentially are asking me to give evidence, but then also to not do it at the same time. Simple enough for you? As for being fearful of mods, not really, it's just that your ruse of running to them for help is pretty obvious at this point lol. Did you not post some of the ToS less than 24 hours ago? Yes or no?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but we already explained why you want Legacy/Nostalrius stuff, it is just nostalgy with a sparkle of melancholy.

Also you didnt bring anything useful @ this discussion, as Eleccybubb prove multiple times, and you arent even the only cringelord doing this.

You wasted time creating this account to only post there, you failed, the only tips i can give to your is to doing a U turn and go back to the private server on which you are playing and go on.
    This is how you troll, ladies and gents.

Sure? Because reading your wall of text gave me the impression on how to shit post and literally saying nothing or a wall of bullshit.

Again using PRIVATE SERVER WITH EMULATED SOFTWARE as proof for making stupid statement like "LOOK THIS PRIVATE SERVER IS GOING GOOD! LEGACY WILL BE LIKE THIS!"

omfg we are beyond the stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    As a pro-Legacy person, I feel going through the expansions again goes against the point of Legacy.

However, releasing the next expansion as it's own server is more in line, and only depending on the success of the Classic server.
    That sounds awful, tbh. Are you saying that each person would have to reroll to play on a new expansion server? That all their previous items etc aren't carried over with them? This seems like it would be a huge detriment to playing and could result in less people wanting to transfer over. The current aim, of bringing the existing playerbase through to the new expansion seems better. In order to satisfy the legacy crowd, they could then release individual servers with each of the previous expansions so people can reroll if they want would probably be better. You could even make it like the PTR and copy characters over.

However, this still has the most common problems as what version of the expansion should be implemented. Should it be progressive? Should it maintain quality of life fixes and bugs removed?

Ultimately, I think the biggest problem legacy supporters have is that everyone has a separate idea of what a legacy server should look like. I feel that if Blizz did release something, it wouldn't satisfy people and there would still be a lot of complaints. People would want things fixed or changed. If Blizz completely ignored any requests for updates and and provided an untouched, unchanged version of Vanilla WoW, before any patches or bug fixes, is this what legacy people would want to play?

There's been a lot of talk about people not playing because there would be free alternatives. What about providing a free server, that people could play. Since it would theoretically be an untouched, never updated server that would provide no services or support, people could play as much as they want. This would be a loss of money most likely but who knows, it could bring some people back and get them interested in playing the current WoW and make them subscribers.

@Ielenia. Most content before BWL could be 20 manned...once you were geared. Problem was that by the time 20manning made sense you had already moved on.

On that same topic let's talk about gating. One of the biggest griped people have had over the recent years and months have been gating content behind dailies, rep, what have you. With that in mind, how many on the Vanilla > All train actually realise just how GATED Vanilla content was? Even once you got passed the attunements MC bosses were gated behind how many of you had that water to put out the runes (unless you were a fan of having one guy spend the entire run going back and forth Azshara and MC via lock portal.

That's not even taking account of being gated behind gear resist requirements, or in some cases, ability requirements involving a hunter tome dropping off an MC boss being required for another boss (and fyi, said boss only dropped ONE tome so you needed multiple kills before you could even think of doing the boss).

Nef gated behind having the Ony cloak.

And so on and so on.

The reason Legacy servers do so well is that they let you SKIP all the gating via "donations".
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    The reason Legacy servers do so well is that they let you SKIP all the gating via "donations".
    lol wasn't aware of that, it all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    [MENTION=578830]

Nef gated behind having the Ony cloak.

And so on and so on.

If this is true i will laugh my ass off.

If this is true i will laugh my ass off.
    It is. The BIGGEST gating in Vanilla was the gear. You had 40 people, but bosses only dropped 3 - 4 pieces of loot. There was also a LOT of fighting over gear pieces, which is one of the reasons hunters have a bad rep. They could use a LOT of gear that other classes needed.

This was also why guild poaching back then was so destructive to guilds. It took a LOOOOOOONNG time to get people geared for the next tier and there was no shortcut method like there is now. On most "FREE" servers you can pay a "donation" to get a full of whatever tier you want plus weapons.

And lets even talk about how alt unfriendly it was...another big gripe idiots have now.

If you really want to know what it was like go look up Preach Gaming's Legacy of Vanilla video. He got some things wrong, but it was correct in essence. He is generally unbiased.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2016-11-28 at 11:06 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I remember the old good fashion gating in vanilla (i play since beta) but I cant believe that Private Server/Legacy let you skip the gating XD

it is like going to a brothel and getting an orgasm without having sex, wth.

Deleted
    Some servers even let u pay to skip the leveling process! Oh wait