Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    Then tell me why all (not some ALL) of the people that i know unsubbed(around 50 dudes) whit the only thing in common is the fact we always finished every tier in their current patch. No one of them is interested on legacy, And in fact they are disgusted by that just like me?

Why ex-players who kept playing seriously are not interested?

Becouse they don't need to refuge themself on a worse version of the game for feeding their ego! Thats why!
    Oh man 50 people. Such a valid poll of the hundreds of millions who have played WoW throughout it's lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh man 50 people. Such a valid poll of the hundreds of millions who have played WoW throughout it's lifetime.
    I find it funnier that ALL 50 think exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I find it funnier that ALL 50 think exactly the same.
    Well of course, the plural of anecdote is data.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    After experiencing Vanilla, I can safely say that WoW has improved a shit ton. Like there is a great canyon between now and then. Pristine realm is a better idea than Vanilla realms (1.12.x). WoW might not be a better RPG compared to its former self, but technically it has improved a lot. The GUI of Vanilla is simply dysfunctional, everything is prone to being bugged. Some quests are prone to bottlenecking for days with crowd. Leveling a warrior/rogue is simply not fun.

What I want from pristine servers:

- Harder to level (Vanilla difficulty)*
    - Hard to get items (Vanilla difficulty)*
    - No group finder of any sort
    - No heirlooms
    - Hard reset to achievements. Pristine achievements will be different from normal achievements
    - Hard reset to pets, mounts, you name it.
    - (optional/experimental) Locked expansion packet content. Next xpack content is locked for 1/1.5 year.*

* These options may require some changes regarding drop rates/boss HPs etc. It might not be trivial to pull off.
    These things have been asked for years but many people have given up hope of Blizzard giving us even a few of the things on your list. Hence the hope on Legacy servers feels more plausible.

But let's be real, Blizz won't do Legacy servers and they certainly won't do Pristine/Hardmode servers either. It's all empty words to calm the nerdrage since april.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    But let's be real, Blizz won't do Legacy servers and they certainly won't do Pristine/Hardmode servers either. It's all empty words to calm the nerdrage since april.
    Legacy will happen. It's a matter of when, not if. WoW has a shelf life but Legion seems to be doing well enough and they'll probably churn out one or two more expansions before they happen. Rest assured, regardless, that when Legacy does happen, Blizzard will have another MMO under development to take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Legacy will happen. It's a matter of when, not if. WoW has a shelf life but Legion seems to be doing well enough and they'll probably churn out one or two more expansions before they happen. Rest assured, regardless, that when Legacy does happen, Blizzard will have another MMO under development to take its place.
    Sorry, forgot to add "within reasonable time" on the legacy servers.

But I still believe Blizzard won't do Pristine servers, ever. Just like they said they would "hotfix" low level content because it was so easy it hurts, but that never happened.

Im typing about fansite like this one. Have you EVER saw a mmochamp news "congratz to guild "rabbitbear" for their world first tectus normal kill" or "we have Today 2457 guild who did normal odyn".

Nope. SO IS IRRILEVANT. And putti a link to wowprogress is not like method website that gives DAILY reports on ho many guilds did that boss on mithyc

And prof is as i wrote, the majority of vanilla raids had mechanics that could be handled only by 25 people, and in fact on TBC 25 man became a thing, so a guild that nedded 50+ players during that time, on TBC they only needed 28-29. That means many had to find or create a New group otherwise they would have been benched, And this process kept on until Cata when 10 man became on par whit 25, And what happened? The majority switched to 10 man meaning that more of half raid got screwed up. Even hopeless region like mine struggling for a 100 position on wowprogress had the chance to rank on the first 20 ranks thanks to that.

And here comes the Illuminati secret......The reason why raiders are fine is becouse we are keeping progressing trougth the content that Blizzard gives us every update, if someone quit cos he cant attend anymore he will not whine about the game. The ones who did, the ones that want legacy, to "refeel the good days"
    are the ones who got benched/kicked when their officers had to decide the ones to keep in the group and the ones to not.

And The evidence is that on the most important influencer of that crowd we have: dodgysomething (a cliker who neve achieved nothing in game), Alexsomething (the classical idiot who makes video thinkig to be speaking from a mithyc player point of view but he had nevera steeped Foot in) and YouTube is full of human cases liles them, making video on how "Vanilla 4evah" "a lv35 q is more important than a raid tier" and their channel are growing esponencialy every day, And this means that people is getting influència by those tards.
    Why do you think that people care about raids? People care about gear and character progression - raiding was a good way of getting that. You also seem to think that people care about the mechanical complexity of bosses which is silly. You can have a good boss with 2 mechanics and you can have an awful boss with 10 mechanics. I don't find the Cata style of raids fun because they don't feel like an MMO but to each his own.

Sorry, forgot to add "within reasonable time" on the legacy servers.
    I'm glad you get to be the single all-knowing entity who determines what constitutes "reasonable time."

But I still believe Blizzard won't do Pristine servers, ever.
    Ion himself squashed the idea of Pristine in one of the dev Q&As. Pristine will never happen. They floated the idea as a compromise but it was met with hostility from Legacy supporters and retail fans alike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because your 50 friends do not speak for the entirety of the 100,000,000+ who have played WoW over the course of its life.]
    The point is only One, People Who where decente raider when they played (clearing a raid in their current patch) They don't play on those servers.
    50 was An example But It can be 100/1000/100000. The People Who plays there are all the badies, other Wise They would not spamming at Blizzard, on fansite, social media "game is bad" "LFR ruined wow" And other nonsense, Good players/players whit a Brain, they don go on forums barking like the stupid dog of the neighbourne, becouse they know the game is always improving for good
    They are only a sect of player whit no hands and a broken ego, And instead of thinking "Im a monster whit no hands is better if i improve misel". They prefer to hide there refusing to accept The reality
    Last edited by mmoc9979bd922c; 2016-12-22 at 07:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Do you risk losing your main account or you bought another account just to play on the server that shall not be named?
    Why would I be banned if I play on a private server? Also, I use vpn and who could know which is my account and should be banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is only One, People Who where decente raider when they played (clearing a raid in their current patch) They don't play on those servers.
    50 was An example But It can be 100/1000/100000. The People Who plays there are all the badies, other Wise They would not spamming at Blizzard, on fansite, social media "game is bad" "LFR ruined wow" And other nonsense, Good players/players whit a Brain, they don go on forums barking like the stupid dog of the neighbourne, becouse they know the game is always improving for good
    They are only a sect of player whit no hands and a broken ego, And instead of thinking "Im a monster whit no hands is better if i improve misel". They prefer to hide there refusing to accept The reality
    W... w-what the f**k nonsense are you typing? Honestly, can't you be bothered to check before you hit that post button?

- The game is ALWAYS improving for good? No it isn't.
    - Good players don't bark on forums? How would YOU know..? and yes they do!
    - No hands and a broken ego? what... ?

Ugh.. some people.

Mods.

I think you should actually close this thread. (Disclaimer to everyone reading: I am not pro / con legacy servers, if you look at my posts in this thread you will see that.)

You are asking to not discuss private servers and experience on those private servers. But the line you are drawing is too thin to notice, nearly every post in the thread other than generic insult posts cross it. I get why you have the line and I get that it is not your invention, it is merely there for the safety of the site. And that's exactly why you should close the thread. If it stays opened, it will continue having posts that cross the line (plus generic insults) on every page, there's just no way around it, you can't discuss the topic without referencing experience on private servers - even semi-theoretical talks about what it would take to develop this or that easily cross with "but the database has been lost, private servers have this and that raid, but they are not really Blizz-like, here's how [... buries the post because it discusses what happens on private servers...]".

Close it.

No please, let the salt mine open. How i'll entertain myself if this thread is closed ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    W... w-what the f**k nonsense are you typing? Honestly, can't you be bothered to check before you hit that post button?

- The game is ALWAYS improving for good? No it isn't.
    - Good players don't bark on forums? How would YOU know..? and yes they do!
    - No hands and a broken ego? what... ?

Ugh.. some people.
    Ddi you ever saw any mithic guild whining about LFD or LFR? Nope, becouse raids that are the core of the game are always improving. In fact the best raid bosses ever are Ragnaros Firelands, lei-shen, Archimonde HFC and hejlia. All boss that Came whit/after cataclysm, The expansion vanillafag beliave ruined wow.
    So why the best bosses of wow Came after cata release, when 10 man became a thing and on the same period the vanillafags started their cult?

Casuality? I don't beleve in it

In fact the best raid bosses ever are Ragnaros Firelands, lei-shen, Archimonde HFC and hejlia. All boss that Came whit/after cataclysm
    Just because you call it a 'fact' does not make it so. I personally believe some of those wouldn't even make top 10 lists if you asked each person. I loved many of the TBC bosses with Vash'j being at the top of my list. I look at each boss for the design of the fight and the challenge they posed when they were relevant for that time period. There were plenty of great fights in the TBC-WotLK era so to just handwave them away and act like nothing worthy came until Cata and after is just silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Just because you call it a 'fact' does not make it so. I personally believe some of those wouldn't even make top 10 lists if you asked each person. I loved many of the TBC bosses with Vash'j being at the top of my list. I look at each boss for the design of the fight and the challenge they posed when they were relevant for that time period. There were plenty of great fights in the TBC-WotLK era so to just handwave them away and act like nothing worthy came until Cata and after is just silly.
    Is an opinion if is only one voice, not when the 90% of the guilds on the first 100 ranks of wowprogress share the same list i did
    Last edited by mmoc9979bd922c; 2016-12-22 at 11:17 AM.

Is an opinion if is only one voice, not when the 90% of the guilds on the first 100 ranks of wowprogress share the same list i did
    Because those top 100 guilds are the only guilds that raid right? You know those guilds are the super minority of players don't you? Most players that play WoW could give a flying fuck who they are, what raids they do and what they care about. Most people that play on WoW are not on fansites, most people that play WoW do not raid and those that DO raid aren't doing Mythic raiding.

90% of 100 guilds= roughly 90 guilds. Lets be optimistical and say each guild has a active roster of 50 players, that sums up to 4500. Even if your premisse is right, you're talking about 4500 players, that's nothing in the greater scheme of things, that's less than 1/3 of players currently online on the server that shall not be named. When they open up the 2 new fresh ones that ratio will look even more ridiculous.

I was like you once. I had the ilusion a few years ago that the top notch guilds actually meant something in this game, they don't, they are a minority, and my mistake then was to think that the game should be designed around that minority, how wrong i was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    90% of 100 guilds= roughly 90 guilds. Lets be optimistical and say each guild has a active roster of 50 players, that sums up to 4500. Even if your premisse is right, you're talking about 4500 players, that's nothing in the greater scheme of things, that's less than 1/3 of players currently online on the server that shall not be named. When they open up the 2 new fresh ones that ratio will look even more ridiculous.

I was like you once. I had the ilusion a few years ago that the top notch guilds actually meant something in this game, they don't, they are a minority, and my mistake then was to think that the game should be designed around that minority, how wrong i was.
    If i need a judgement on the quality ofa boss what will matter more? The one of the guilds Who clear every raid in his current patch or the one who is strugling in normal mode?

I kinda beleve the opinion of a top 100 guild matters more than one who is 5000 or 10k Rank IMHO

If i need a judgement on the quality ofa boss what will matter more? The one of the guilds Who clear every raid in his current patch or the one who is strugling in normal mode?

I kinda beleve the opinion of a top 100 guild matters more than one who is 5000 or 10k Rank IMHO
    I think the judgement of quality from all sorts of different raiders is far more important than what the best of the best think. Why? Because you'll get a better range of answers from people doing it on normal, heroic or struggling on mythic or clearing it on mythic but not in the top 500 guilds. Again you are seeking opinions that fit what you want. Not all of us are doing that. That is why you won't have much agreement here.