Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    The Fedora is way too strong here

"Le stealing property xDDD" "Glad it got shut down xDDDD"

Kill yourselves

Infracted
    Take your own advice xDDDD

Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-07 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    It wasn't the fact that vanilla WoW was perfect that made Blizzard continue to work on it.
    Er what, what did that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Math is saying about 1 million by the end of it's cycle, but there are some unknown variables. It could stabilize above that, or simply suddenly completely collapse at some point.
    Who is Math?
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Do you have some mental problems? In one post you can have a reasonable disagreement and in the next you're back to personal insult mode again.
    Pretty sure the same could be said about you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They've closed much smaller servers before, that isn't valid.
    Huh? You're arguing your own argument now?
    Ok whatever man - keep going in circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You're 2,959 posts into a discussion forum and you dont know why people prefer different games?
    It's the same game!!!! Vanilla WoW isn't a total different game from WoD? Its still World of Warcraft. Wee are not talking Pokemon to God of War here!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeden View Post
    Again you keep pulling numbers out of thin air. I do not know what the exact number will be i'm concinved however it would be alot more than Nostalrius. If a few neckbeards can keep a server with 150 000 active acounts i'm pretty sure Blizzard could do it easily, why not hire some of the nost crew? They know what they are doing and acoording to their numbers it costs roughly 1000 dollars a month to maintain the server.

GM police are not really necessary as the community will police itself. If someone continues to act like a dick or ninja loots he wont get into groups, unless he starts a new char from level 1.

Besides i doubt that Wow currently has more than 1 million active players. I stay subbed because it's such a small amount most people who still are subbed these days are hardly active players, unless you wanna call log in every 2-3 days to play some Garrision mission active gameplay.
    haha. community police itself. dont make me laugh.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

You mean like lashing gay people is all fine because Saudi Arabian law says so?
    People hide behind laws. Makes it easier. They don't need to think. Just follow the law, derpy derp!

Blizzard is in the wrong. Having the law on their side changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazalak View Post
    Pretty sure the same could be said about you.
    I don't think I've done one personal insult in this thread yet. Do you want to be the first?

Millions boat? Have you checked the recent sub numbers?
    5 million vs 13k
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Do you have some mental problems? In one post you can have a reasonable disagreement and in the next you're back to personal insult mode again.
    How did i personally insult you? I said your more slippery then a bar of soap because you slide your way out of a tight situation.

You were never a vanilla player were you

If this thread was bashing Nos you would be arguing like fuck against Blizzard lmao. Save your fingers replying to this post son as im going to do the same to your next one

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Do your 13k Players peak even have a place on our Millions boat? Isn't it to pricey for u?
    I dislike wod, but you are annyoing with your little pistol.
    13k is probably more then a lot of the Wow realms see on a weekly basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Living in the past is never a wise choice. Good riddance!
    Better live in the glorious past than in the shitty present. Now go and enjoy your crap version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Huh? You're arguing your own argument now?
    Ok whatever man - keep going in circles.
    What? I'm saying that smaller servers didn't threaten the copyright so that proves that isn't the reason they shut it down.

Come on, I'll be honest, I'm not going to talk to you anymore, I don't have time to listen to the same comment over and over.

Deleted
    Millions boat? Have you checked the recent sub numbers?
    5.5 millions are still... Millions... Even half of that is still millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue83 View Post
    Better live in the glorious past than in the shitty present. Now go and enjoy your crap version of the game.
    Make WoW Great Again
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Point 1: Nost admins don't have any rights to give it away either.
    Point 2: Irrelevant. There's a lot of stuff that you can't legally obtain that remains protected under copyright.
    Point 3: Irrelevant. The law already assumes that IP infringement damages the copyright holder.
    This argument is so flawed. Just because they have right to press the issues, doesn't mean Blizzard should. This is far more damaging to them in the eyes of these players. This is completely bad PR for them. This is largest fastest growing thread ever in MMO history. Most of it negative. No one is going to walk away from this without hearing about.

Blizzard totally Streisand'd this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Keep fighting them then. More power to you. But keep in mind that there are also people who actually thing the laws around IP are a good thing.
    Well they are and I have no personal stake in it anyway(dont care either way), but a lot of those companies are living in the 20th century and are ignoring the fact that theyre fighting with a hydra when they try to shut down torrent sites and ban youtube videos and well close private servers. It just bites them in butt later. I mean look at SC.. another Blizzard IP. Instead of going nope nope nope like a donkey, they allow modding there legally. People even create other Blizzard games as SC2 mods and as a result, they earn more money.

Im just saying they should have played this right as well instead of just pissing a bunch of potential clients off and gaining nothing.

Never played on a private server, I've played since classic. I didn't see any harm in these private servers, if people want to play vanilla then so be it. Shame on Blizzard for forcing them to shut it down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    3) In this case it doesn't. Unless some way a french company hosting abandoned software for free somehow takes money from an american company that doesn't sell the product in question anymore.
    It's not abandoned. It's still active trademark. Blizzard Entertainment is a company and a legal entity in France. So it's very relevant.
    It's not American company vs French company. They're both french companies in this case - in french court.