Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    It -was- stealing. Profits or not you cannot use intellectual property or something owned by another company without permission. They were using Blizzard owned characters, data-etc. You don't have to make a profit to steal something.
    Is that why Blizzard claims to be unable to put up a Legacy server? Because these dudes stole it? Or is this a case of you not knowing what the word "stealing" means?

Not even saying it's legal - but words have meaning for a reason, why not use them properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    1. Legion CMs are exactly this.
    2. What's the point of having extremely difficult leveling when the entire game is centered around end game content? Where is the fun in being stuck on quests because you die every mob when your friends are raiding?
    3. LFR has no effect on you unless you want it to have an effect on you. How does someone you don't know or interact with effect your gameplay because they do LFR?
    4. You haven't read anything on Legion have you? Legendaries are a rare item from doing world content, they're not given to you for free.

Is WoW perfect? No, not even close, WoD is abysmal. But the people constantly bitching and moaning saying "omg vanilla was better" are making it worse. Instead of trying to rationally suggest ways to fix WoW or help in finding solutions, it's just "blizz sucks at games" "make classic server" "wow = dead".
    1) A race against a clock for a bunch of cosmetic items is never my idea of a good challenge, especially in a MMO. More like something I would ignore completely.
    2) Because leveling used to be fun by itself. Your friend would be raiding, but you'd be playing with someone else to beat the elite quests.
    3) LFR, last I played, in MoP, was essentially necessary for you to gear up properly, but then again, what's the point of doing the raid again on another difficulty. I don't play my games on Braindead => Very Easy => Normal => Hard. I generally choose "hard" and play it from beginning to end on that difficulty. Plus, last time I raided, in 4.3 it was so stupid to see content tuned for 10M having more HP and doing more damage than content tuned for 25 random retards.
    4) No, and frankly I was aiming that at the artifact weapons. In the past, the most amazing weapons would only go to a select few. Heck, even epic weapons were something to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    People forget that games number 1 goal is fun, challenge isn't wow's strong suit, I mean they try and they have gone way out of their way to please people who want it, but it just isn't that kind of game.
    Well tbf, most of the people crying about the "lack of challenge" are asking that it's implemented, yet aren't seeking it out where it's been meant to be for how many years...?

The perceived challenge of Classic leveling came from shit tuning, shit gear, players having no experience and time restraints (since leveling WAS the content for non-raiders). Wtf would they have to do with leveling if it was to be made "challenging" by today's measurements...? It would become something 2% could accomplish, which is quite bad for an mmorpg with 110 levels...

Agreed they could add more objectives to the world that requires grouping, but it still wouldn't mean more of a challenge than say, the elites on Isle of Thunder...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-08 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Is that why Blizzard claims to be unable to put up a Legacy server? Because these dudes stole it? Or is this a case of you not knowing what the word "stealing" means?

Not even saying it's legal - but words have meaning for a reason, why not use them properly?
    Blizzard said they wont make money from having a legacy server so they are not going to waste their time. Why do you think the majority of these servers are free anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Just hosting a private WoW Server is not violating copyright laws in the EU, it's only violating Blizzards own rules.
    A private WoW server is not stolen software from Blizzard, but it's an Emulator.
    You can argue with the Nost admins about that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...anmade/d1tpg9d

We hope that our community will find a solution to stay together. We planned on releasing everything needed to setup a copy of Nostalrius somewhere else, so there is no data lost. However, we will personally respect the law, and Nostalrius as it is now will no longer exist.
    Seems clear that they are accepting that it's a legal problem. If they can, everyone else can too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MetzenPlease View Post
    Lmao so many kool-aid drinkers on this forum. People honestly think that the majority of people playing on Nostalrius were playing there because they didn't want/couldn't pay for a retail sub? Lmaooooooo i was like lmao. How about cause they wanted to play a version of the game that wasn't absolute dog shit?
    Then explain why they had money issues, even selling items on top of donations wasn't enough.

The more I read about this server, the more I see money issues, the more evident it comes to people wanted to play for free.

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    Not anymore bololol.
    Fucking savage.... haha. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    1) A race against a clock for a bunch of cosmetic items is never my idea of a good challenge, especially in a MMO. More like something I would ignore completely.
    Sooo...what is a good challenge in YOUR mind? Because Keystone dungeons will not JUST be timed but also add effects such as mobs doing x percentage more damage, tanks doing less threat etc etc... Do tell us how you'd design dungeons so that they'd be challenging to you if what they're already doing isn't making the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Blizzard said they wont make money from having a legacy server so they are not going to waste their time. Why do you think the majority of these servers are free anyways?
    Oh, I completely agree. These types of Vanilla servers only manage to have these sort of populations because it's free. They are very small and niche as it is. Should Blizzard implement them with a fee, it would even be a smaller niche group, not even worth the hassle.

I used that as a simple example on how the word "stealing" is being misused. Not saying the actions are legal, but stealing evokes taking something from the rightful owner and the owner losing access to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzatez View Post
    Dungeons were never that hard. They were time consuming on Vanilla (4 hours BRD if things go well?), but hardly... hard. As soon people knew the mechanics and had some blues, bosses got easy. Same on heroics. Sure, it took some time to get used to the new difficulty, but i do remember aoeing heroic dungeons after a couple of months.

Same for leveling. Sure, i do miss the elite zones like Andorhal, but the rest of the leveling process was pretty basic. Fetch this, kill that, bring that... What make it hard was, again, because it was time consuming. If you died, you 'de need to corpse run from far far far way. Each death was like a 15 minutes run. Plus, it took loads more xp to level.

As for LFR, if you are a raider (heroic or Mythic) why the hell do you care about LFR? And if you are not a raider, again, why the hell do you care about LFR? No one is forcing you to use it, it bothers you so much what other do with the game?

As for Legendaries, my problem with them is not that they are going to be World Drops, my problem with them is that they could be mandatory for raids and then we will have to spend hours and hours and hours farming them without certainty of success.
    Dungeons were nerver hard.. lol, TBC heroic mobs still almost one shot you even if you have full t5/t6 gear as a warrior, bogstroks in slave pens for example (one of the easiest dungeons). Compared to the dungeons we have to today these were SUPER HARD, like mythic ultra dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Just hosting a private WoW Server is not violating copyright laws in the EU, it's only violating Blizzards own rules.
    A private WoW server is not stolen software from Blizzard, but it's an Emulator.
    And tell me... What is the emulator... emulating?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think half the appeal of servers like Nostralius even necessarily having the vanilla experience so much as having a good experience.

Leveling wasn't over in 8 hours or $60 and endgame wasn't grinding apexis zones and queueing for LFR for three weeks.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    Dungeons were nerver hard.. lol, TBC heroic mobs still almost one shot you even if you have full t5/t6 gear as a warrior, bogstroks in slave pens for example (one of the easiest dungeons). Compared to the dungeons we have to today these were SUPER HARD, like mythic ultra dungeons.
    Perhaps, to the players of that time. But I dare bet you they'd need some tuning to add a challenge on par with what's on offer in raiding, for example...
    Same as Ragnaros in MC was a beast to the players of that time with the tools they had on offer, but then years later they had to give us what they did with Heroic Rag for it to pose a challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Unlikely, since they're aimed at people able to tackle them. The people needing dungeons to be 50% easier can just not opt in for keystone runs.
    That's hilarious given Blizzard's recent track record. The people who can't raid can just not opt in for it. The people who can't finish a heroic dungeon can just not opt in for it. The people who can't manage more than 3 skills can just not opt in for pvp. Is there a trend here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    Well, you either are remembering things with tinted glasses or had very bad luck on your groups... t6 players would steamroll most heroic dungeons, and t5 would have to be careful on some pulls, but that doesn't make them super hard. And i never said they weren't hard... i said that they weren't THAT hard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You can argue with the Nost admins about that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...anmade/d1tpg9d

Seems clear that they are accepting that it's a legal problem. If they can, everyone else can too.
    Nope.
    Private servers are essentially players picking up their games and finding somewhere else to play. Not that I play on them but do support the principle.

It's even worse on console games where you've bought the game and the server is ran off players consoles and bandwidth then when master list servers are shutdown and people find a way to fix that they then get screwed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I don't even think half the appeal of servers like Nostralius even necessarily having the vanilla experience so much as having a good experience.

Leveling wasn't over in 8 hours or $60 and endgame wasn't grinding apexis zones and queueing for LFR for three weeks.
    I'd love to know how you can level 1-100 in 8 hours, because I'm at over 1 day /played on a fully heirloomed character running mostly dungeons...and he's just level 64.

Ofc, a new player (to whom the leveling experience is aimed in the first place) wouldn't even have heirlooms, and would be playing without a clue so I highly doubt the leveling would be over in 8 hours for that newb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Perhaps, to the players of that time. But I dare bet you they'd need some tuning to add a challenge on par with what's on offer in raiding, for example...
    Same as Ragnaros in MC was a beast to the players of that time with the tools they had on offer, but then years later they had to give us what they did with Heroic Rag for it to pose a challenge...
    On Nostalrius, bosses that on Vanilla took months to die, were being killed on 1-2 days. Most guilds had BWL cleared on the first 3 weeks from release. The raid dps was higher on BWL than what was needed to kill Patch on Naxx... So yea, the player base evolved A LOT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Not the best analogy. Is the book you're stealing still in print?
    thing is alot of vanilla is still in wow, most of the dungeons, all of the raids, all the gear, the engine, the lore, the charecters, all their stuff ,still in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Itzatez View Post
    Dungeons were never that hard. They were time consuming on Vanilla (4 hours BRD if things go well?), but hardly... hard. As soon people knew the mechanics and had some blues, bosses got easy. Same on heroics. Sure, it took some time to get used to the new difficulty, but i do remember aoeing heroic dungeons after a couple of months.

Same for leveling. Sure, i do miss the elite zones like Andorhal, but the rest of the leveling process was pretty basic. Fetch this, kill that, bring that... What make it hard was, again, because it was time consuming. If you died, you 'de need to corpse run from far far far way. Each death was like a 15 minutes run. Plus, it took loads more xp to level.

Leveling and dungeons are both much harder in vanilla than they've been in live since TBC. Are they Dark Souls hard? No, but hard enough it keeps your interest and makes you think a bit. When its auto-win, its just insanely dull.