10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    So, WOW 2 essentially... Which is kind of what people wanted, a fresh hard reset of Warcraft with better implementation of its mechanics, instead of bandaid/maintenance fixes for game design as expansions go on.
    Kinda, but it'll still be the same game, it's like what Cata did to the old world, only reversed but with the same improved graphics that Cata also did.

Deleted
    this thread is out of hand and its going nowhere!

Sad to see the server going. I had far more fun on it than retail, but this doesn't surprise me. Sadly, I don't think Blizzard will answer to anything and instead just let the dust settle in silence.

Why they have to answer for something illegal

Glad it's been shut down, shame it didn't happen sooner before it got so many players. Hopefully a few of its users will start playing the real game and paying towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Sad to see the server going. I had far more fun on it than retail, but this doesn't surprise me. Sadly, I don't think Blizzard will answer to anything and instead just let the dust settle in silence.
    Out of sheer curiosity and maybe anticipation of a slight smirk what kind of answer would you expect ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Glad it's been shut down, shame it didn't happen sooner before it got so many players. Hopefully a few of its users will start playing the real game and paying towards it.
    i feel so sorry for you dude ...

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    What exactly do you think Nost pirated? They wrote their own server. All the Blizzard copyrighted works are in the client, for which the players had paid Blizzard.
    - Geodata
    - Spell parameters
    - Item names
    - Loot tables and spawn points
    - Quest texts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    - Item names
    lol
    so item names like "copper ore" are now intellectual property?

Bottom line is that Blizz gained nothing and thousands of people lost hundreds of hours worth of pixels (risk which is very real in private realms).

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    i feel so sorry for you dude ...
    Save some sympathy for yourself. Your moral compass is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Bottom line is that Blizz gained nothing and thousands of people lost hundreds of hours worth of pixels (risk which is very real in private realms).
    They shut down a pirate server that used their game code without paying for it.

Not sure why people are so butthurt about it, Blizzard should have done it long ago, they should do this to every damn pirate server that are using their code.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Naw. Patiently awaiting the rise of Nostalrius Continues brought to you from mother Russia. <3

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity and maybe anticipation of a slight smirk what kind of answer would you expect ?
    Mainly legal and illegal talk about their intellectual property and how they appreciate people still liking World of Warcraft to this date, and that they have no current plans of launching a server of their own.

And that's pretty much it.

Deleted
    Well played blizz shuting that stuff down. If you are salty about it go play retail. Oh wait retail suck and bla bla. But 99% of peops stating that actualy cant manage more than one abillity trown at em in raid enviroment.Vanilla was broken as hell why do you wanna go to naxx geting oneshot by loatheb debuff gathering resistance gear,...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    Not the one these people want though. They want to play Vanilla. And one might argue they have a right to, since some of them probably bought the game 11 years ago. Now they can't play it anymore.
    Okay, my b*llsh*t alert is going haywire. Everyone either bought that game 11 years ago reading the ToS etc. stating that the game could likely be subject to sudden, considerable change. So then you bought a game that you knew wasn't going to stay the same forever. Or option two, people didn't read the ToS, not Blizz' fault. You bought something that you didn't read End User Agreement or ToS of, one that Blizzard has every right to define as they see fit, since the game is their property, and theirs alone. You don't like it? Then they give you the option of not buying it. After all, you click "I agree", right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Save some sympathy for yourself. Your moral compass is fucked.
    probably you never heard of irony ...

Quote Originally Posted by Diinksy View Post
    Well played blizz shuting that stuff down. If you are salty about it go play retail. Oh wait retail suck and bla bla. But 99% of peops stating that actualy cant manage more than one abillity trown at em in raid enviroment.Vanilla was broken as hell why do you wanna go to naxx geting oneshot by loatheb debuff gathering resistance gear,...
    Because people enjoyed it?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Yeah.. The server was never really a competitor to retail. Maybe if retail was a better product...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazalak View Post
    Naw. Patiently awaiting the rise of Nostalrius Continues brought to you from mother Russia. <3
    Blizzard would have less trouble shutting down infringing servers in Russia than any other country on Earth. Dollars = things happen in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Because people enjoyed it?
    Sure, if you liked a broken game because you played one of the OP specs and exploited all the other broken shit.