Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Aren't private servers illegal or at the very least a violation of the Terms of Service for the game?
    Shut up you corporate brown noser. /s
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Anyone who states they would pay Blizzard for vanilla servers are just publicly admitting they were dropped on their heads as babies, and it's been seriously detrimental to their intelligence as adults.

"Hey guys, I can get this for free at about a billion places, but, I'm instead gonna pay these guys here just cause I gotta prove these guys on this fansite wrong, DERP!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm an MMO-fan and it's not a sad day for me. <.<
    What game do you play then?

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Well, that makes my decision to not buy Legion ever so easier. One less customer to play your shitty retail.
    You weren't going to buy it to begin with, so your grandstanding looks even more ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you steal intellectual property and use it
    This exactly.

I hate the fact that WoW bashers with rose-tinted glasses of Vanilla just complain when this happens, but I also hate when the Blizzard fanboys and White-knights jump up and shout when these servers go down, too. Seriously, it's their IP and they're protecting it. That's all.

Stop trying to blow things up, from either side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    Goodnight sweet prince.
    Good to know Blizzard feels threatened by a community funded server that runs a 10+ year old version of their own game.
    I know right. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if a private server isn't making any money off of it, it seems like a shitty thing to close it down like that.

must be butthurt that less and less people actually want the real thing.
    so if someone does a copy of a film then puts it on net for free not making money from it, is that ok? no the company looses alot of money same with blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Seeing the salt on twitter is so amusing, people are actually calling Blizzard arseholes for taking down servers that are illegally hosted/operated etc.
    if only there were a way to collect all that salt. I would not need table salt for years.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That law is completely retarded though. I'm not sure what a Trump avatar has to do with that opinion.
    There's nothing "retarded" about it, though. They got caught (and were in debt to begin with apparently, so Blizzard actually did them a favor), that's it, end of story. That and the avatar just ruins your whole argument even further because no one takes him seriously. It's a loss-loss scenario for you.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That s like saying hey its okay when someone gives the bread YOU make away for free. Nothing done wrong right? ^^

#1 dont trust the lying numbers they posted
    #2 competent? Bug forum "9 day deserter debuff"...

I am sooooo happy that this toxic people are NOT in live.
    What? I don't know which game you play, but it is not wod for sure.

Well they should. If they do not demonstrably due to their actions cause them financial damage, the copyright law should make an exception for them.

That would actually be fair.
    No. What would be fair is the owner of the copyright should have a say on how/when/who/why someone uses their work. I guess the tears of seeing another criminal being shut down is blinding you to reason. Do the tears sting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    The rest is pretty much the way WoW is ATM.
    Not really. But more power to you if you want to spend your life shitting on a game you don't play, guess you're still addicted.

More salt here than the damn ocean

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think the butthurt is making you confused. It IS their game. They own it. Cry some more. It is entertaining.
    No crying but the retail stuff isn't real wow. Vanilla is, and they don't provide that version of the game anymore. It's like you're cheering that people are stuck with garbage retail now and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Shut up you corporate brown noser. /s
    An agreement is an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    First is down, reported the second.

Looks like more of them are streaming.

Found a new one

https://www.twitch.tv/ahoz

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That s like saying hey its okay when someone gives the bread YOU make away for free. Nothing done wrong right? ^^

#1 dont trust the lying numbers they posted
    #2 competent? Bug forum "9 day deserter debuff"...

I am sooooo happy that this toxic people are NOT in live.
    Wasn't every other "social interaction" on open chats in the game about how Blizzard sucks and retail sucks and TALKING about "how much better Classic is!!"...? At least that's what people I know who played told me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    There's nothing "retarded" about it, though. They got caught (and were in debt to begin with apparently, so Blizzard actually did them a favor), that's it, end of story. That and the avatar just ruins your whole argument even further because no one takes him seriously. It's a loss-loss scenario for you.
    Well if you say so. I still consider it to be wrong for the reasons I've given you.

But sure keep bashing me for my avatar, lmao.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 11:20 PM.

Well they should. If they do not demonstrably due to their actions cause them financial damage, the copyright law should make an exception for them.

That would actually be fair.
    Maybe nostri/we should offer to buy some sort of licensing to offset the externalities of using blizzards past product.

Oh wait. They would never fucking do that because they can't even get the community to support the servers negligible costs.

Raiding is however a small part of the game.

It is not the holy grail Blizzard likes to pretend it is. I have far more fun questing out in the world and doing dungeons with people than I do when raiding.
    What you like can be done in the current game.

Of course, you'd be doing so with the garrison noose around your neck strangling the life and soul out of you, but that's one (of many) problems with the game as it currently stands.