Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You have every right to like vanilla more, just like blizzard as a company has every right not to make legacy servers.
    It also doesn't mean we won't lobby for something we want.

You have every right to like vanilla more, just like blizzard as a company has every right not to make legacy servers.
    Then they should leave the ones who does alone. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Few, if any.

Vanilla is horribly archaic now.
    But WoD is the real warcraft. Maybe I would change my tune

Then they should leave the ones who does alone. Duh.
    They're violating their IP. Is this logic thing too hard for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Look mate, despite having a team of admins volunteering their time to develop and run the service, despite having a allegedly large, very passionate playerbase, Nost was about to close because it simply wasn't viable economically.

The amount of people willing to donate money to keep it alive - even in that really passionate base of vanilla diehards wasn't enough to keep Nost floating.

There is no business case for Blizzard to run commercial vanilla service. Can we please stop arguing that already. This thing is going in circles every 5 pages.
    It wasn't viable because a lot of the people that played on it didn't donate. If blizzard added a sub then it would be viable.

Even though they are stealing from them? What part about that do you not understand?
    They don't like laws. They already told us.

It wasn't viable because a lot of the people that played on it didn't donate. If blizzard added a sub then it would be viable.
    Read that again and see if you can spot the flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    still you, else you wouldn't be on this forums trying to sprout how amazing your game is too the rest of us who don't care about vanilla anymore.
    I'm here because it's one of the few forums that's even allowed to discuss the topic. If you have no interest in this and do not care about the opinions of those who desire it, then why exactly are you here? I feel like you're rustling you own jimmies and it makes no sense.

You can close the tab any time you'd like, just a heads up in case you were waiting for permission or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    They've been proven wrong based on numbers alone.
    "Numbers alone" are the proof they need that vanilla servers are not profitable: only 18.75% retention rate for free accounts

They shut down the server because of how popular it was.
    No, they shut it down because they're required by law to protect and defend their IP lest they lose their trademark on Warcraft.

Based off what information? its clear you have some that no one else has, please show us.
    Haha, almost every claim you've made has been based on unsubstantiated claims, guesswork, and assumptions.

Don't act like some super secret insider, you know nothing either. Or does your uncle totally work for Blizz?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why do you assume it would be making money ? just cause f2p server was popualr nothing indicates that if peopel had to pay for sub they would use it besides 10-20 people who post in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

most porpoably a lot of them seeing how out of 800k people who logged in over 1 year 650k do not log anymore showing how terrible retention there is
    Why do you assume it doesn't. A lot of people who would have played stayed away as it wasn't official and the risk of it getting closed was there.

Quote Originally Posted by pmizz View Post
    they didn't play Vanilla and they find out there was a server that had 15k people, I prob be salty man

Nope... Didn't play classic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Numbers alone" are the proof they need that vanilla servers are not profitable: only 18.75% retention rate for free accounts

No, they shut it down because they're required by law to protect and defend their IP lest they lose their trademark on Warcraft.

18.75% is bullshit by the way

800k accounts can mean people who were banned, gold farmers, or alts.

And arguing people played cuz it was free is asinine bullshit, how do you not know if blizz marketed legacy servers for $5 a month there wouldn't be a million.

We only have one option, saying it was free inflated the numbers is as stupid as me saying the popularity wouldn't rise if Blizzard made them official.

Unreal opinon dude.

I remember many, many years ago, someone at Blizzard stating that over 100m people had played WoW. How many still play it? Less than 5m? I will leave you to work out the retention rate on that.

Hell, any MMO in the world, paid or free, would kill to have a retention rate of nearly 19%.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    A bunch of us really need to go into reddit and get the links to all of these private servers that these jerks are going to and send the list to hacks@blizzard.com.
    You should. I heard Russia, Ukraine and Sweden are running low on toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Why do you assume it doesn't. A lot of people who would have played stayed away as it wasn't official and the risk of it getting closed was there.
    Define "a lot". It's too vague. What are we talking about here? 15 people? 120k? And then show me the numbers on paper, in other words: proof.
    Otherwise you're just making shit up as you go along.

10+ Year Old Account

Countless other private servers exist one I mentioned and got an infraction for has been running for literally YEARS and I'm pretty sure it's US based. The reason Nost got shut down was because of it's popularity plain and simple. Blizzard would be closing all these realms otherwise as all they have to do is bloody GOOGLE Vanilla/BC/Wrath server and countless servers pop up. They aren't hidden and they have existed forever. Blizzard didn't give a shit because of how few people were playing.

I play on live servers, but you guys are on this blood crusade against something that doesn't hurt you. Does it bother you that some people find the lack of convenience and required social interactions more fun?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Few, if any.

Vanilla is horribly archaic now.
    I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I remember many, many years ago, someone at Blizzard stating that over 100m people had played WoW. How many still play it? Less than 5m? I will leave you to work out the retention rate on that.

Hell, any MMO in the world, paid or free, would kill to have a retention rate of nearly 19%.
    5m paying customers. Key word there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Good, then they can stop crying about it.

And when the next server get close down too, don't cry about that either, just go to the next one after that.

And while you are at it, since you already got what you want, Blizzard won't need to make Vanilla server anymore as there are plenty out there.

Good, now everyone happy.
    Hahah try not to blow their minds too hard. I am not sure they can handle it.

If legacy servers were a gold mine, as people are claiming, what reason would blizzard have to not make them?
    Because pride, ya know? They (All of Blizzard) would hate that the consumer was right about something and all their data and discussions were fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post

Nope... Didn't play classic at all.
    Not to be a goober like most people are but you must have hit 60 when there was like 5 months left of Vanilla,

Sorry but you wouldn't have the best opinion on it. I remmeber when TBC announced vanilla became "meh" as all your progress was meaningless.